Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Offensive rebounding did us in. They played with emotion and we didn't. Not sure this team is a final four team. They still have a lot to do to convince me.

It all depends on where we end up in the Tourney.  This team could lose in the first round based on the way they have played against many lesser opponents.  They could also win it all depending on the draw and who they play.

They are very lazy to me.  Rarely see them hustle.

• Like 1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/terrapins-insider/wp/2016/01/23/maryland-football-picks-up-commitments-from-twin-brothers-elijah-and-elisha-daniels/

Maryland football picks up commitments from twin brothers Elijah and Elisha Daniels

Maryland continued to build its 2016 recruiting class on Saturday, netting a pair of commitments from twin brothers Elijah and Elisha Daniels, a pair of cornerback prospects from Florida.

The Daniels twins made their pledge in a joint announcement via Twitter on Saturday. Both decommitted from Minnesota earlier this month and took an official visit to College Park this weekend.

The push in the Sunshine State, where new Maryland head coach DJ Durkin established himself as one of the country’s best recruiters while he was an assistant at Florida, comes with signing day quickly approaching. The twins become the third and fourth prospects to commit to Maryland this week. Durkin also received commitments from three-star defensive tackle Aaron Thompson and running back LaDerrien Wilson earlier this week.

Like Thompson, who on Thursday became Maryland’s lone defensive line commit for this class, the Daniels twins hail from the Fort Lauderdale (both played at Cardinal Gibbons High School) and emerged as priorities for Durkin once he took over at Maryland on Dec. 2. Elijah Daniels in a 6-foot, 190-pound three-star safety, while Elisha Daniels is a 6-foot, 170-pound three-star cornerback.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Click to read the rest

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Former-Terps-RB-Jacquille-Veii-Transferring-Back-from-Towson-43154297

Former Terps RB Jacquille Veii Transferring Back from Towson

Running back-wide receiver Jacquille Veii, who spent his first two years at Maryland before transferring to Towson last spring, has returned to College Park and plans to finish his college career with the Terps, he told InsideMDSports on Monday night.

Veii has already been accepted by the university, moved onto campus and will meet soon with head coach D.J.

Durkin, he said. The 5-foot-9, 187-pound junior led Towson in catches (55) and receiving yards (505) last season after splitting time between running back and receiver as a true freshman and sophomore at Maryland before leaving last spring.

He'll be required to sit out next year per NCAA transfer rules and has no guarantee of earning a scholarship, but he said he's willing to roll the dice in order to undo a decision he regrets.

"That's still to be discussed," Veii said. "This is where I'm meant to be and if I have to earn it, I will. It's all apart of Gods plan for me ...I was never supposed to leave, but out of my own stubbornness, I went against the plan and now patience is being taught."

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Terps-Snag-Surprise-Commitment-43177676

Terps Snag Surprise Commitment

Maryland added a surprise commitment today from Atlantic (Delray Beach, Fla.) defensive back Antwaine Richardson, a former Michigan commit. Richardson, who will move to College Park on Thursday, said he decided today on his decision to commit to Maryland.

“It kind of just grew on me, and when it was time to make the decision, I chose Maryland,” he said.

Richardson, who continues coach D.J. Durkin's recent hot streak in Florida, de-committed from Michigan just five days ago, he said, after “not really feeling the same vibe anymore.”

With many coaches calling since then, the three-star, who was recruited to Michigan by Durkin, let his coach handle the majority of his recruitment. Maryland has an immediate need for for defensive backfield help, which it secured in the 6-foot, 165-pound defensive back from Florida. He's the sixth commitment in seven days for Maryland, bumping the Terps to the 45th-best class in the nation, edging past West Virginia. Richardson is rated .8473 in the 247 database. The 84th-ranked cornerback in the Class of 2016, he chose the Terps over offers from Wisconsin, West Virginia, Miami and others. He will enroll at Maryland this week.

• Like 1

No guilt at all about flipping a Michigan and a Virginia recruit the last 2 weeks?

Its a bit different with Haskins.

The kid went on and on for months about "the movement", relentlessly trying to recruit other local guys to go to MD, etc. 

Now he's passing up on a place he could play day 1 for a place he might not play until year 3 or 4.  Kind of makes you wonder what in the heck Locksley does to get these guys to buy in and also sell.

• Like 1

No guilt at all about flipping a Michigan and a Virginia recruit the last 2 weeks?

Some of us have stated that we can't blame the kids for changing their minds, but we don't have to like it, especially when they're pact players.

Some of us have stated that we can't blame the kids for changing their minds, but we don't have to like it, especially when they're impact players.

Now he's passing up on a place he could play day 1 for a place he might not play until year 3 or 4.  Kind of makes you wonder what in the heck Locksley does to get these guys to buy in and also sell.

Haskins was/is quite obviously a bit of a mercenary.  Would anyone be surprised if he transferred in a few years?