Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Interesting to see the reactions from #Terps fans on this Modster offer. Many seem tired of playing the waiting game.

Per @Cassidy_Rob, the #Terps have also offered QB Tyrell Pigrome from Clay, Ala. http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Ty-Pigrome-167199 

Not sure how anyone can question a kid wanting to go to OSU over Maryland. Maryland might be an up and coming team, but OSU with Urban Meyer is a perennial top 5 team. If they offer a highly touted kid, come on. It's not like Maryland is an Alabama...

That's true but it's not like OSU just offered Haskins...and there's more to it.

Haskins has been recruiting kids to Maryland while telling others that he was going to OSU.

Just alot of drama coming out of the Haskins camp right now.

• Like 1

That's true but it's not like OSU just offered Haskins...and there's more to it.

Haskins has been recruiting kids to Maryland while telling others that he was going to OSU.

Just alot of drama coming out of the Haskins camp right now.

At the end of all this, Haskins has done a service to MD by helping them recruit.  If he goes to OSU he will have also created a rivalry.  I have a hard time condemning an 18 year old who is faced with a million dollar decision.

If Haskins goes elsewhere the only thing I question is the timing. Is he leaving theTerps and everyone he recruited up the creek? If he announced earlier they may have gotten in the mix for some higher rated recruits, but I'm guessing most of the best are locked up by now.

Not sure how anyone can question a kid wanting to go to OSU over Maryland. Maryland might be an up and coming team, but OSU with Urban Meyer is a perennial top 5 team. If they offer a highly touted kid, come on. It's not like Maryland is an Alabama...

It has to do with making a commitment and sticking to it.  He goes on and on about how much he wants to come to UMD, recruits other guys to play with him, then potentially decides, late, to back out.

If he wasn't sure, he shouldn't have officially committed to the Terps.

When a coach is fired or leaves, schools and conferences often don't stand in the way of a kid leaving.

As a Terps Alum, of course I hope he stays with Maryland. But he did committee to Edsall and his staff. So, I get it. Sucks. But get it.

I'd like to make a smartass comment but he's a high school kid.

Well we should thank him for helping us recruit.

If Haskins was such a critical component, we shouldn't have fired Edsall.  Everyone knows that a kid commits to a coach.  You fire that coach, expect to lose some commits.

Trimble dominating video

The best part about this video was around the 3:37 mark. As Trimble is out front dibbling the time off the clock, two guys on the bench walk over to each other and slap hands. They KNEW he was going to win the game. They KNEW IT.

Edited by Redskin4ever
  • Like 1

It has to do with making a commitment and sticking to it. He goes on and on about how much he wants to come to UMD, recruits other guys to play with him, then potentially decides, late, to back out.

If he wasn't sure, he shouldn't have officially committed to the Terps.

He didn't. He gave a verbal. Not binding at all. And as has been stated, he verbaled to a coach who got fired.