Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

Man, what's wrong with you?

He's a kid. A kid who is able to make a choice. Would you have the same sour grapes of Diggs' bro decommits from 'Bama and comes here?

Sorry. I'm still a little salty over last night. Letting my emotions get the best of me again.

Maybe you should refrain from posting after Skins losses then.  You went at the kid like he did something to you personally, bruh. 

Maybe you should refrain from posting after Skins losses then. You went at the kid like he did something to you personally, bruh.

I usually don't, but I was extremely exausted and not in my right mind. I've apologized twice now. Not sure what more you want from me. I'm sure in your life you've said and typed things in the heat of the moment.

Have to give Durkin some props so far. Looks like he's putting together a pretty good staff. Maybe Haskins will decide to stay with the right coaches coming in.

Sorry again guys. I was so exausted after staying up the night before to watch the Redskins loss. In my tired state, I saw the tweet and overreacted to the Haskins to OSU thing.

I usually don't, but I was extremely exausted and not in my right mind. I've apologized twice now. Not sure what more you want from me. I'm sure in your life you've said and typed things in the heat of the moment.

I don't need your apology..and don't try to drag me in to this.  Especially if you have a history of getting overly emotional on a message board.  That ain't me. 

I don't need your apology..and don't try to drag me in to this. Especially if you have a history of getting overly emotional on a message board. That ain't me.

I was apologizing to the board in general for my behavior. That's what people do when they have done something wrong. I manned up and admitted I overeacted and should not have done that. It's up to you whether or not you want to accept it or not.

You dragged yourself into it by commenting in the first place. But I don't think I ever insinuated that you have ever typed or said something in here that was over emotional, but I'm sure you have in other parts of your life. In case you haven't, I have a stone for you in case you want to cast it. You know, for being perfect and all.

Simple solution is to put me on ignore if you don't want to read what I say.

Edited by pjfootballer
  • Like 1

http://www.diamondbackonline.com/sports/maryland-s-rasheed-sulaimon-develops-special-bond-with--year/article_2ecc9668-a1dc-11e5-a579-cb14b8649740.html

5662556f63c0e.image.jpg

Cameron Hiller, 4 years old, can hardly wait to grab his mini basketball when he gets home from preschool Jan. 14, 2014. He dribbles through the living room and hoists a shot on the mini hoop hanging from the door to his backyard. 

“Rasheed for three. Virginia loses,” Cameron says. 

A day earlier, Cameron attends his first-ever regular-season college basketball game at Cameron Indoor Stadium — the arena he’s named after. So when Duke guard Rasheed Sulaimon sinks the go-ahead 3-pointer from the left corner with 18.8 seconds left in the 69-65 win over Virginia, he becomes Cameron’s favorite player.

Cameron re-enacts this scene countless times until his second trip to Duke on Nov. 26, 2014, when he meets his idol after the game for the first time. 

A little more than a year later, the two stand in an empty Xfinity Center. Sulaimon’s a member of the Terrapins men’s basketball team now, but Cameron still adores him. The 6-foot-4 guard grabs the 6-year-old and parades him around the court. Sulaimon tells him he’s the champion as they play pickup basketball for the second straight home game. 

“That’s Cameron’s best friend right now,” says Robert Hiller, Cameron’s dad, while watching the two play. “They absolutely adore each other.”

On the trip back to this state the night after the Duke-Virginia game, Cameron falls asleep before they’re out of North Carolina. The game tipped at 7 p.m., so by the time they finish dinner after the game it’s long past Cameron’s bedtime. 

A day later, he hasn’t forgotten what he witnessed in Durham, North Carolina. Each time he plays mini basketball around the house, he’s playing as Sulaimon, who dropped a game-high 21 points against the Cavaliers. 

It makes it that much more special when Cameron meets Sulaimon after Duke’s game against Furman a season later. Sulaimon picks him up and they flash their index fingers to signal No. 1 as Hiller snaps a photo.  

“It was no big deal,” Hiller says. “It was a nice little meeting, but nothing special.”

Hiller, who grew up a Blue Devils fan because of his mom’s ties to North Carolina, knows he has to take Cameron to Maryland Madness on Oct. 17. 

The Terps are holding an autograph session in Xfinity Pavilion two hours before player introductions, but Hiller and Cameron are running late. By the time they get inside, the line is hundreds of fans long. 

So Hiller stays behind and instructs his son to weave through the masses toward Sulaimon. Maybe the senior would remember him. 

Soon, Hiller loses Cameron in the sea of adoring fans.

(more at link)

Edited by Popeman38

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Maryland-Running-Back-Commit-Jake-Funk-Named-All-Met-OPOY-42132223

Maryland Running Back Commit Jake Funk Named All-Met OPOY

Maryland running back commit Jake Funk has been named The Washington Post’s 2015 All-Met Football Offensive Player of the Year.

Funk, a 5-foot-11, 190 pound senior, tallied video game-like numbers in his final year at Damascus (Md.). He rushed for 2,866 yards and broke the state’s single-season touchdown record with 57. Seven of those touchdowns came in the 3A state championship game, where he powered the Swarmin’ Hornets offensive attack en route to a 55-14 win over Dundalk.

Maryland’s Gatorade Player of the Year was offered by the Terps shortly after Randy Edsall was fired in October and committed not long after. The powerback could see the field as early as next year for Maryland since Brandon Ross graduated and Wes Brown is suspended indefinitely.

Fellow commits Dwayne Haskins and Lorenzo Harrison were also named to the offensive first-team. Other names on the list include Trevon DiggsTerrance Davis and Jauan Williams.

On the defensive side of the ball, the Terps are represented on the first-team by KeAndre Jones and Parnell Motley. They are actively recruiting Terrell Hall, who made the team at defensive end.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

http://www.testudotimes.com/maryland-terrapins-football-recruiting/2015/12/18/10622122/richard-merritt-maryland-commit-recruiting

Richard Merritt commits to Maryland: Terps land 4-star offensive guard

Four-star Washington guard Richard Merritt has committed to play his college football at Maryland, he announced on Friday. The blue-chip offensive lineman is one of Maryland's most surprising, impressive recruiting grabs in years.

Merritt is rated as the 10th-best guard in the 2016 class by 247Sports and the No. 3 player in the District. He previously played at Friendship Collegiate Academy under Aazaar Abdul-Rahim, whom Maryland hired this month as defensive backs coach. He's currently at Archbishop Carroll. He's the first public commitment at Maryland under new head coach DJ Durkin.

Merritt is an enormous 6'5 and 345 pounds, and had offers from a long list of national powers. All four College Football Playoff teams offered him, as did Ohio State, Florida State, Georgia and dozens more programs. Merritt could've played virtually anywhere, so it's a serious feather in Maryland's cap to have landed him.

By the 247Sports Composite, Merritt becomes the third-best prospect in Maryland's 2016 class, only behind elite quarterback Dwayne Haskins and linebacker Keandre Jones. He's Maryland's second local four-star guard recruit in two years, as the Terps added Quarvez Boulware – also a Friendship alum – in last year's class.

Maryland's 2018 offensive line could have Damian Prince, Derwin Gray, Quarvez Boulware and Richard Merritt. That's pretty, pretty enticing.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Maryland’s reported OC-to-be Walt Bell helped to build an Arkansas St. offense that ranked 13th nationally in PPG (38.4) in 2015.

Walt Bell is 31.. Been running explosive spread offenses.. It's what #Terps fans wanted.. Like where they're going with staff.. #TerpsTalk

Another nice win. Good to see Jaylen finally getting his confidence. That will be huge for the backcourt to give Melo some rest.

That was one of the biggest takeaways from this game. Princeton kept it close early, because their style dictates playing disciplined defense against them. Once MD played better defense, the offense could continue to dominate. But Brantley played very well tonight and it's something I hope he can continue to do. The depth of this team can wear down most teams. Brantley just adds to that and if he can show the shooting touch he showed tonight, then he's not just another body taking up minutes, but he's a guy you can count on.

• Like 3