Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

Man, what's wrong with you?

He's a kid.  A kid who is able to make a choice.  Would you have the same sour grapes of Diggs' bro decommits from 'Bama and comes here? 

I imagine the disdain for Haskins has plenty to do with his whole DMV initiative, now since Edsall has been fired - silence and reports of checking out all these other schools.  If anything UMD looks like a much better place to play with the newly hired staff.  I get Locks is a big time recruiter but I'm unsure why that would be the only thing committing you to the school.

I imagine the disdain for Haskins has plenty to do with his whole DMV initiative, now since Edsall has been fired - silence and reports of checking out all these other schools. If anything UMD looks like a much better place to play with the newly hired staff. I get Locks is a big time recruiter but I'm unsure why that would be the only thing committing you to the school.

U ever been a d1 recruit?

Nope...and that's one of Haskins' main issues.

Yeah, that has to be settled first. The Offense has to be one that fits him. If they bring in someone to run the triple option, he isn't going to come as that doesn't fit him. I don't know what will ultimately happen, but with the coaching change, it's in his best interest to wait and see and to make sure he has other options. I really hope he comes, but I'll understand if he didn't. I won't hold a grudge against him either, unless he does something like trashes the school.

What a great game by MD tonight. They got a little lazy in the second half, but the dominating first half let them withstand the Connecticut run. You knew that run was coming, but that big lead meant that Connecticut could not get any closer than 3. Trimble was sensational tonight. The box score says he only had 3 assist, but they were all great passes.

Great win.

Haskins said on Twitter, "Rahim/Locks/London #Sheesh"

Another recruit (Mclean) said he just talked to Durkin and Haskins, power moves. Then teased something about Lane Kiffin.

/end of social media post

On my phone but I'm sure Brave will post the tweets.

Edited by Fight4RGIII

Report: Former #UVA coach Mike London joins #Terps as associate head coach. Major hire: http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Mike-London-Joins-Maryland-Staff-41873421 

Rahim/Locks/London #Sheesh 1f914.png

Just got off the phone with Durk and Dwayne Power Moves1f60e.png1f60e.png

DJ Durkin putting together an absolutely STACKED staff. Mike London is an awesome hire. #MarylandPride

Survived at the end. Coaches technical did them in. They had momentum and he cost his team. Not sure what he said or did, but they had just cut it to three. Dumb.

Did you miss the replay? It was hilarious. Vitale is making all kinds of excuses for him saying he "accidently" knocked papers on the floor. They showed the replay and he spun around to the scorers table, then back to the court, then back to the table, grabbed a handful of papers and flung them towards the court in disgust. Bobby Knight would give this 3 out of 5 stars on the tantrum scale.

Am I in the minority that thinks Vitale is played out ?

His schtick is old and corny at this point and he has a Duke tattoo under his chin.

I hated listening to him call the Terps game.

No, you are in the majority there. He's a dinasour along with Berman who only have jobs because they helped put ESPN on the map in the 80's. Neither has been any good for 20 years. My wife is not a big basketball fan, but he was calling some game and she says "one thing I didn't miss about college basketball was hearing Vitale's voice".

Oh, and how many times did he mention dook tonight. I bet if you took a drink each time he did, you wouldn't be able to stand up.

• Like 2

I've met Berman before (when they used to broadcast live from the Power Plant in Baltimore), and stopped liking him when I witnessed his behavior/demeanor towards the restaurant staff and the ESPN crew then immediately disliked him.

Vitale is just so over the top cheesy and on Duke so much over the last 20 years that it is unbearable.

Thank you at least I am not alone.

Edited by Kosher Ham
  • Like 1

Did you miss the replay? It was hilarious. Vitale is making all kinds of excuses for him saying he "accidently" knocked papers on the floor. They showed the replay and he spun around to the scorers table, then back to the court, then back to the table, grabbed a handful of papers and flung them towards the court in disgust. Bobby Knight would give this 3 out of 5 stars on the tantrum scale.

I think I did. When they cut it to three, I got up and went to the restroom and heard the technical. I should have run the DVR back, but I was just happy for the technical.

U ever been a d1 recruit?

No.  Not sure what that has to do with my post.  I was simply commenting on why pj appears so pissed.  It wasn't like he was just a regular recruit - he's been touting this whole DMV/stay home initiative trying to recruit guys to MD for months.  At the same time, the staff he committed to was rather awful and what they've got now appears to be much better, particularly for a QB that aspires to play at the next level.

Have to give Durkin some props so far. Looks like he's putting together a pretty good staff. Maybe Haskins will decide to stay with the right coaches coming in.

Sorry again guys. I was so exausted after staying up the night before to watch the Redskins loss. In my tired state, I saw the tweet and overreacted to the Haskins to OSU thing.

Have to give Durkin some props so far. Looks like he's putting together a pretty good staff. Maybe Haskins will decide to stay with the right coaches coming in.

Sorry again guys. I was so exausted after staying up the night before to watch the Redskins loss. In my tired state, I saw the tweet and overreacted to the Haskins to OSU thing.

He still might not come to Maryland. We'll see. He committed to a different staff.

But Durkin is doing a good job bringing in coaches with experience. That's important.