Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

From an OSU board

Keandre Jones is a guy I am told Urban Meyer really wants to flip. Meyer definitely spent his share of time with Jones as did Felder who is also working hard on Jones. Jones is planning to make an official visit to Florida next weekend and remains committed to Maryland. But Meyer, Luke Fickell and company have given him something to think about. It is still going to be tough though – Jones has been committed to Maryland for a year.

Fwiw, the AD feels this all the work of Mike Locksley.

Basically Locks poisoned the welll with the Haskins family and is "encouraging" the kids he recruited to "look around".

I'm told Dwayne Haskins Jr. @dh_simba7 & Keandre Jones will be making a joint college announcement this AM. Can tell you it's a #B1G school.

The direction the football program was going, they had to bring in a new staff. You knew that meant losing some recruits. Yeah, it sucks in the short term, but long term they will still be better off. Especially if the assistants they have are as good at recruiting as everyone says they are.

• Like 2

The direction the football program was going, they had to bring in a new staff. You knew that meant losing some recruits. Yeah, it sucks in the short term, but long term they will still be better off. Especially if the assistants they have are as good at recruiting as everyone says they are.

No question.  There is also the "growing pains" factor.  If you are starting to target 4&5 star guys, you had better be prepared for decommits late in the game, when the pieces of the puzzle start moving rapidly.  On the flip side, MD is going to poach a few from lower schools. 

#Terps, #Buckeyes coaches visited Keandre Jones last Thurs. at Good Counsel. #Terps trying to meet w/ Jones again today, per source #allmets

Let's not forget: An oral commitment is just that; non-binding. #Buckeyes have strong pull but Feb. 3 is a long way away on recruit calendar

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

I still don't understand why MD didn't hire Locksley as a consultant or QB coach or something. Going to set them back a year or two but whatever. That's the case for most new head coaches.

I thought they did? Offered him more money than he was making as OC? Did I imagine this?

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Terps-Extend-2016-QB-Offer-42927539

Terps Extend 2016 QB Offer

Maryland has extended an offer this morning to yet another quarterback. Zachary (La.) High School quarterback Lindsey Scott, a three-star dual-threat quarterback, announced on Twitter that he had received the offer.

With Dwayne Haskins' de-commitment appearing likely, the quarterback position is a glaring need for Maryland and the staff has begun pursuing a number of new targets.

Scott is similar to Alabama dual-threat quarterback Tyrrell Pigrome, another new target who the Terps are chasing. Maryland would like to add two quarterbacks in this class, and Haskins appears bound to change his commitment to Ohio State.

Scott is the reigning Louisiana Gatorade player of the year and a former Syracuse commit. After a coaching change that saw Scott Shafer, now Maryland's defensive coordinator, replaced by Dino Babers as head coach, Scott reopened his recruitment.

The lone Crystal Ball prediction has Rutgers as the pick for signing day.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

They did.

Locks let his ego override his common sense and if the rumors are true (hint hint) he's poisoning the well with his recruits.

What are you getting at?

I've not been high on Anderson at all since he's been in College Park, and I'm wondering if he's just grasping straws to help his own credibility.

Durkin is his 2nd FB hire. If he doesn't work out, Anderson's gotta be on the hot seat.

Here's a hell of a sentence: Dwayne Haskins, Keandre Jones and the Ohio State Buckeyes visit Maryland Stadium on November 12.

•  

Wow! Big Day :angry:

So, Maryland has gone from #TheMovement to the "movement." Today is not a good day for the program, at all.

Sucks about Haskins. But whatever. One kid isn't going to fix a problem that wasn't helped by Anderson/Edsall for so long. If give the option of having him still come to Maryland, but that means Edsall is back. I would wish him luck elsewhere.

Don't wish him ill. Don't wish something like Meyer ditching that program for something else, just to spite him. I wish it because he's a good coach and wins a lot. 

Also am not make for what he tweets or gives as reasons. Doesn't matter.

Just got to worry about what's happening at Maryland.

Sucks about Haskins. But whatever. One kid isn't going to fix a problem that wasn't helped by Anderson/Edsall for so long. If give the option of having him still come to Maryland, but that means Edsall is back. I would wish him luck elsewhere.

Great post.

I wish him luck as well.

MD needs to figure out what they want to be as a football program.  The last inspiring coach we had was Bobby Ross.  Fridge did great with his predecessors recruits but then went into mediocrity for the most part.  Our alumn, myself included, haven't been inspired to go to football games.  The environment is usually boring, partially filled stadiums.  The school as a whole made an uninspiring hire in Kevin Anderson.  You got Kevin Plank in your back pocket and all you can do is hire coaches that inspire nobody?

Not sure what their "goal" is as a program, but it isn't OSU's fault or Urban Myers fault, or this kid from MD.  It's the programs fault for faltering for many many years without any real details given to the alumns of what they are trying to do.  If you can't sell to an alumn, how you going to sell to a kid?

Edited by chipwhich

Maryland seems to have a plan. I just don't trust Anderson to execute it.

Maybe it's Anderson's plan.  You have one of your best recruiting classes in years, you have Locksley getting local talent, then you blow it all up before any of them make it to campus.  I hated Edsall, but to fire him without securing a plan for Locksley doesn't seem like having a plan.

Oh well.