Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Leftovers

Springfield

So clearly, the police chief is going crazy, or perhaps not. Maybe the bald man isn't a figment of his imagination after all. His daughter and her friend have seen him presumably... unless they are also figments of his imagination.

Then there is the black guy who wants to hug everyone.

And why is the chiefs wife with the crazy people in white. There has to be something going on there.

Geez, I haven't even watched the first episode. Thanks guys for no real spoilers.

I prefer to stash a few to watch at a time when a series starts to see if I like it.

Looks pretty interesting though and I will check it out next Thursday. ( I'll have 3 episodes by then )

I'm intrigued but not completely hooked yet. I love the tone and the heavy feel to it. They do a great job of transporting the viewer to this new world that has been brought about. 

One thing that the director (Friday Night Lights) and the producer (Lost) have done well in the past is getting you to connect with and fall in the love with the characters. That hasn't happened for me yet with the Leftovers, so I'll see how that goes. In fairness, I can't recall if it happened after 2 hours with those two shows either. 

I'm going to give it the full first season no matter what. It's interesting and has great potential. 

First episode down. I enjoy it. This show hits pretty hard, awfully depressing. But I can believe the new world they've created. Everybody is confused, depressed, and angry. Not sure how they can go more than one season with this without it losing its intensity by drawing **** out.

Justin Thoreaux (chief) is from dc. Awesome, wonder if he's a skins fan.

+1 on the chiwf's daughter. Googled her asap, she's the daughter of the chick from Groundhog Day I think.

Watched both episodes, won't post spoilers.  First was very slow, but good, made me want to watch the next episode.  Last nights episode, not as slow as the first and odd, felt like the pace was slow, but next thing I know it's over and I'm wanting to see the next episode.  Things are starting to somewhat shape up and the scene with his father at the end made me very curious.

• 3 weeks later...

The opening scene to last night's episode was one of the most horrific things I have seen depicted on a TV show. Wow.

The movie is slow but deliberate. You know they are building towards something, so it will largely be about the payoff, since this isn't the kind of show that huge things are going to happen from week to week.

So far the story and "mystery" has me interested enough to stick around.

Archived