Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Leftovers

Springfield

I don't know about this one. I'm behind and I don't know if I'll bother catching up.

Too much mystery and too little reveal. It's like they add more questions instead of answering any.

I enjoyed the first episode and the episode that focused on Chris Eccleston trying to keep his church open, but I'm done with this show.

Lost 2.0, indeed. Damon Lindelof is the worst. He gets no more chances from me. What he did to the Prometheus script was unforgivable and I should have known better.

Waaay too much build up.  I guess I am glad they started to explain what Wayne is.  I'll keep watching, I mean not much else on right now.  They at least picked a good time to air this.  I'll ride out the season but if nothing is really picking up I'll just drop it.

This show pisses me off at all levels.  I enjoyed Lost, but all the unanswered questions for two or three seasons got old.  I thought Sundays episode was ok.  I have plenty of other shows to watch, but I will follow through with it, give it a chance.  But it's not as good as I thought it would be.

Between this show, True Blood being mediocre this season and Falling Skies starting to jump the shark, I'm getting ticked off.  Thank God for Power and Ray Donovan.

This show pisses me off at all levels.  I enjoyed Lost, but all the unanswered questions for two or three seasons got old.  I thought Sundays episode was ok.  I have plenty of other shows to watch, but I will follow through with it, give it a chance.  But it's not as good as I thought it would be.

Between this show, True Blood being mediocre this season and Falling Skies starting to jump the shark, I'm getting ticked off.  Thank God for Power and Ray Donovan.

I couldn't get past the bad acting in Power.

Ray Donovan is greatness though, as is Masters Of Sex.

Waaay too much build up.  I guess I am glad they started to explain what Wayne is.  I'll keep watching, I mean not much else on right now.  They at least picked a good time to air this.  I'll ride out the season but if nothing is really picking up I'll just drop it.

I'm real close to bailing.

• 1 month later...

Nothing ever happened. Apparently the show is based on a book. Wanna know what happened to the people who disappeared? Well too bad. The book never tells you and neither will this show.

Heh, no wonder Lindelof wanted to adapt it to television.

That man might be the worst thing to happen to screenwriting in the past twenty years.

Season finale was predictable. Take away the wild speculations of what stuff may or may not mean, and there's just not that much here. I thought the best episode was the flashback episode last week. The one with the reverend that everyone here loves was too predictable for my tastes. Acting in this show is quite good however.

Even a good review from Chew can't get me to watch any more of this stuff.

lol, it's so odd and somewhat boring at times, but I find the need to give it a season.  Cause, I would hate for it to get going in season 2 and be bad ass like some angel vs demon apocalypse on earth ****...........well, that probably won't happen, but one can dream.

lol, it's so odd and somewhat boring at times, but I find the need to give it a season.  Cause, I would hate for it to get going in season 2 and be bad ass like some angel vs demon apocalypse on earth ****...........well, that probably won't happen, but one can dream.

Everything that I've read says...

Everything that I've read says...

LOL  Yeah Springy, I was all over the place with that post.  Let me start over.  

The show is ok/average to me overall.  It started out extremely slow and gave some flashes of potential early on.  They gave me enough to keep watching, similar to Lost, but not as good right out of the gate like Lost was.  There were two really good episodes, the priest and the stoning mixed in with some intriguing scenes throughout the others (remember, I have the last 4 episodes left to watch).

So, while sometimes its slow and boring, they give me just enough scenes that catch my interest to keep tuned in.  Lost took two seasons to get set-up, imo, I hope this one doesn't.  But I'm going to stick with it because of the potential for season 2 to blow up and get to the meat and potatoes of the story, which we are all still trying to figure out.

I'd hate to bail now, then find out it gets awesome half-way through season 2 or something and have to go back and watch it all over again.  So, for now, I'm hanging in there.  Season 2 sucks, then I'm out.

Archived