Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Negative feedback concerning RG3 from other fans

Vanguard

I'm a little surprised at how much negative feedback Robert Griffin is getting from people outside of Redskins nation.  You'd think this guy has done something wrong.  Just read some of the comments at the bottom of this article.  What do you make of all this negativity?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/17/chris-cooley-santana-moss-rave-about-a-healthy-rg3/

Honestly speaking, it's fear. That is all it is... fear. They are scared that he is going to be a beast, and they hating. 

I tend to agree

I think this topic has been adequately covered.  There are other threads for this.

Not really.  I haven't seen a thread that specifically covers this.

I think that if RG3 isn't loved by every NFL fan in every nation of the world, then he must hang up his cleats now. Super Bowl's don't matter, popularity contests among ****y fans that hate successful, morally upright players do.

It's definitely over the top.

I think it comes from a few things- a general hate for Dan Snyder, a general hate for the redskins based on past splashy failed moves combined with many people believing the name is "racist- case closed". That, and many believing griffin is a diva who got a "good " coach fired.

In other words, ignorance .

I think that if RG3 isn't loved by every NFL fan in every nation of the world, then he must hang up his cleats now. Super Bowl's don't matter, popularity contests among ****y fans that hate successful, morally upright players do.

I expect players to get criticized.....I'm talking about the volume of it directed at a specific player.

Look at all the people comparing him to Michael Vick.

That's all you need to know about the football IQ of these people.

Not to mention the thinly veiled racist comments:

"Can't read defenses"

"Just a running QB"

"He doesn't look like a QB"

Total BS

If he wins a Super Bowl you'll see people wearing his jersey on the streets of Greenbay. The players everyone loves are winners or hard working underdogs. RG3 is a insanely successful (personally) loser (team) and that tends to generate a lot of haters.

So, time to win a Super Bowl. I'm in.

I'm a little surprised at how much negative feedback Robert Griffin is getting from people outside of Redskins nation.  You'd think this guy has done something wrong.  Just read some of the comments at the bottom of this article.  What do you make of all this negativity?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/17/chris-cooley-santana-moss-rave-about-a-healthy-rg3/

**** them. Thats what I make of all the negativity

I think ESPN feeds a lot of it too. They posted a story on Griffin driving the pace car at Richmond, but I saw no story from them about Witten doing the same thing at Texas Motor Speedway. It's because they know that nobody but Cowboys/Nascar fan will care about Witten but if Griffin is doing it... Presto! Instant polarizing story. I called them on it in the comment section of that article.

If he wins a Super Bowl you'll see people wearing his jersey on the streets of Greenbay. The players everyone loves are winners or hard working underdogs. RG3 is a insanely successful (personally) loser (team) and that tends to generate a lot of haters.

Correct

They aren't supposed to like him, hes the enemy. 

I hate all of their QBs too. The difference is im intelligent enough to separate my hate and respect. These jackwagons aren't.

God, how I hate Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson. I can respect their situations and talents. But honestly, I want them both to go 0-16 for eternity. So what lol

The comments I read are mostly legitimate points. The guy has played two seasons and has had one excellent season and one awful season, with an asterisk by the second season because of the injury. Now that he appears to be fully healthy and coming into his 3rd season, we should get a good gauge this year of what kind of QB Griffin is or isn't going to be for us in the future. While we're all obviously hoping he is going to turn out to be a sure fire franchise QB that is going to lead the Skins for the next 10-12 years, the truth of the matter is the verdict is still clearly out on him and he is coming into a crucial season for his career in 2014.

I think its more fear than anything, to think he has accomplished more with less and an aged wr in Moss. The only threat we have had that teams worried about is Garcon. 

I usually skip articles and scroll straight down to the comments

it's like scraping the frosting off your cake if you skip it

I sometimes scrape the icing off but no use in it.. because its entirely too sweet to eat anyway. with or without the icing.

Archived