Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Negative feedback concerning RG3 from other fans

Vanguard

For those who haven't seen it yet, PFT has a poll up asking who is the worst starting QB in the NFC East.

Link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

RG3 is in the lead with 36.67% of the 1088 votes (388 votes) followed by...

Romo at 25.52% (270 votes)

Eli at 24.2% (256 votes)

and Foles at 13.61% (144 votes).

That's right.  In a group that includes a 2-time Super Bowl MVP, a ROY who broke records for efficiency, and Romo, who holds most of the Cowboy records for passing (playoff success is another story), Nick Foles is the best QB in the NFC East.

As an aside, is there a better place to get quick NFL league-wide updates besides PFT?  I am getting fed up with every Redskins story coming with its own "change the name" slant.

Most Eagle fans have a lot of time on their hands.

I agree his legs are slighter in girth, but are much stronger, & toned. Of course, I would still argue that matters little as compared to say...flexibility. which is why I'm intrigued that Rodgers says he lost it doing Yoga.

Anybody who picks on the size of Robert's legs is just silly.  Joe Montana famously had "chicken legs." Granted he wasn't a running QB, but he was mobile enough to get out of trouble, and is in the conversation for Greatest of All Time (GOAT.)  

Anybody who picks on the size of Robert's legs is just silly.  Joe Montana famously had "chicken legs." Granted he wasn't a running QB, but he was mobile enough to get out of trouble, and is in the conversation for Greatest of All Time (GOAT.)  

Nah, its an issue. Not a serious one though, but an issue. He has a track body and a small base, not to mention that a lot of guys start losing weight as the season goes on.

And Montana played 20-30+ years ago, when guys were noticeably smaller, slower, and didn't hit as hard as guys do now. and when he arrived in KC, they actually put him through a weight training program.

As long as he continues to develop more of a pocket oriented game and scrambles towards the perimeter, and we run less RO, I think he will be fine, but for the those times when he's n the pocket, and someone hits/ falls into that area of his body (less likely nowadays with the rule changes) it will be cause for concern. He's not built to take those kinds of hits.

Nah, its an issue. Not a serious one though, but an issue. He has a track body and a small base, not to mention that a lot of guys start losing weight as the season goes on.

And Montana played 20-30+ years ago, when guys were noticeably smaller, slower, and didn't hit as hard as guys do now. and when he arrived in KC, they actually put him through a weight training program.

As long as he continues to develop more of a pocket oriented game and scrambles towards the perimeter, and we run less RO, I think he will be fine, but for the those times when he's n the pocket, and someone hits/ falls into that area of his body (less likely nowadays with the rule changes) it will be cause for concern. He's not built to take those kinds of hits.

I kindof disagree.  And I don't really disagree with most of your posts...

But i don't think build has much to do with knee injuries.  Carson Palmer and Tom Brady are both bigger dudes, and both blew out their ACL.  

I'm not saying that Robert's size overall isn't a slight concern, because he's not going to be able to withstand the same pounding that somebody with more meat would, but when it comes just to the legs, eh, I think that knee injuries are mostly luck.  If a guy gets hit sideways on his knee, it really doesn't matter how big or small they are, knee is going to go the wrong way.  

Yea, but back then Montana and the 9ers for all intent purposes played against junior college talent. Rams Saints and Falcons; of course they also had the west coast offense which was intimidating to alot of teams.

Griffin just lost focus last year, in and out of the pocket; he SHOULD bounce back, but the critics will be sharpening their pencils if he doesn't.

He really needs to get that sliding thing down, because defenses will zero in on his legs, and they can mentally disrupt his skills not even touching him.

Yea, but back then Montana and the 9ers for all intent purposes played against junior college talent. Rams Saints and Falcons; of course they also had the west coast offense which was intimidating to alot of teams.

Griffin just lost focus last year, in and out of the pocket; he SHOULD bounce back, but the critics will be sharpening their pencils if he doesn't.

Montana had to move around a lot.  He had absolutely amazing footwork, as he is basically the model for all WCO QBs that came after him.  

Hell, the most famous pass of Montana's career, "the catch," he was on the move and had to the the ball on the run.  

The rules were also not as stiff back then for protecting the QB.  Much more protective now. 

I kindof disagree.  And I don't really disagree with most of your posts...

But i don't think build has much to do with knee injuries.  Carson Palmer and Tom Brady are both bigger dudes, and both blew out their ACL.  

I'm not saying that Robert's size overall isn't a slight concern, because he's not going to be able to withstand the same pounding that somebody with more meat would, but when it comes just to the legs, eh, I think that knee injuries are mostly luck.  If a guy gets hit sideways on his knee, it really doesn't matter how big or small they are, knee is going to go the wrong way.  

Well not all torn ligaments are created equal in their respective circumstances. But you are right. Anyone, no matter how big, small, tall, short, etc they are, can tear an ACL, which is why I didn't really touch on that. Those types of injuries by and large are a roll of the dice

But I definitely believe it is a legitimate concern, and that he is more susceptible than Bigger guys that may be in the 220-230 and beyond range. Its made worse when you consider his tendencies/skillset, and how he was used by the Shanahan's. But, like I said, as long as he develops better instincts, gets the ball out quicker, slides/runs out of bounds, and the staff handles him better, I think he will be alright, where the rest is up to fate.

For those who haven't seen it yet, PFT has a poll up asking who is the worst starting QB in the NFC East.

Link: http://profootballta...ory/rumor-mill/

RG3 is in the lead with 36.67% of the 1088 votes (388 votes) followed by...

Romo at 25.52% (270 votes)

Eli at 24.2% (256 votes)

and Foles at 13.61% (144 votes).

That's right.  In a group that includes a 2-time Super Bowl MVP, a ROY who broke records for efficiency, and Romo, who holds most of the Cowboy records for passing (playoff success is another story), Nick Foles is the best QB in the NFC East.

As an aside, is there a better place to get quick NFL league-wide updates besides PFT?  I am getting fed up with every Redskins story coming with its own "change the name" slant.

As an RG3 fan of course I will disagree with the results but I can see why people would vote him as the worst and Foles the best.  Foles had an awesome season last year and RG3 struggled.  Add to that people like to hate on Griffin because he is different and exciting and gets a lot of attention so naturally people are going to be jealous.

Montana had to move around a lot.  He had absolutely amazing footwork, as he is basically the model for all WCO QBs that came after him.  

Hell, the most famous pass of Montana's career, "the catch," he was on the move and had to the the ball on the run.  

The rules were also not as stiff back then for protecting the QB.  Much more protective now. 

This is a good point and something I was thinking as well. Yeah the guys back then weren't as big or fast but they could do things and hit in ways that nowadays would get a guy a fine or suspension. 

Ha, the LA Rams had one of the dominant Ds in that era; just not good enough to stop Montana -> Rice.

I was going to post this exact same thing the other night.  PFT used to be my go-to website for NFL info/rumors and now I just can't stand it.  The writing sucks, the comments are filled with obnoxious/unintelligent mouth vomit, and every article that mentions the Redskins also finds a way to tie in the name controversy. 

Really looking for a new NFL site that updates frequently if anyone know of any!

Archived