Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Colin Kaepernick Invesitgated for Sexual Assault

jaybrant

Was she passed out or did she blackout (memory loss)? Did they have sex? Was Kap also drunk? Does that make him a victim as well?

Alcohol's effects on a man's ability to achieve and keep an erection pretty much means him having intercourse against his will (or while too drunk to give consent) is an extreme rarity. Add to that the fact that if a male doesn't want sex to begin with AND is drunk, getting him to have an erection so that intercourse can take place is damn near impossible. Not to be vile, but in comparison a woman doesn't even need to be alive for someone to have sex with her.

If what's being reported so far is true, this woman wasn't merely drunk.

I'll wait until more details come out to be the judge.

But regardless, I have a snarky comment directed towards the media that reads this forum, and they do:

I sure am glad you guys take the time to crush Griffin for his "attention seeking" ways, yet there are other NFL players in the league that truly embarrass their teams and the NFL. Griffin posts pictures of socks and he's a diva. Stop it. And I'm not saying this applies to Kaep yet, but how about Ray Rice? That story died as quickly as it started. Yet somehow, Griffin turns out to be the bad guy for posting pictures of socks. Unbelievable.

I still don't get the whole "Sex while she's unconscious " thing that some dudes do. Wtf kind of person gets off on that.

Yeah, I've never really gotten the appeal of that one, either. 

I mean, I can understand, say, robbing banks.  Dude wants money.  But I really don't see the "payoff", in this particular crime. 

Have sex with an inflatable doll.  It's a lot less risky, and (I assume) just as satisfying. 

----------

As to this case?  IMO, the correct thing to do, here, is for the police to do a thorough investigation, and say absolutely nothing about it. 

If they uncover enough for charges and prosecution, then they can present their evidence in court. 

If they don't, then they should say nothing.  (Frankly, I would prefer it if we had never heard about it at all. 

But regardless, I have a snarky comment directed towards the media that reads this forum, and they do:

I sure am glad you guys take the time to crush Griffin for his "attention seeking" ways, yet there are other NFL players in the league that truly embarrass their teams and the NFL. Griffin posts pictures of socks and he's a diva. Stop it. And I'm not saying this applies to Kaep yet, but how about Ray Rice? That story died as quickly as it started. Yet somehow, Griffin turns out to be the bad guy for posting pictures of socks. Unbelievable.

this isnt about RG3 or the Redskins, and isnt the time or place.

this isnt about RG3 or the Redskins, and isnt the time or place.

I could not disagree with you more joe. This is exactly the time and place. The point is if this were RGIII, the media, both local and national would be devoting round the clock coverage on this scandalous behavior and would have been judge and jury before any details came out.

But since it's not RGIII, they are like, well let's see what the facts are, which is the right answer. But that should be the right answer for everyone!  I for one (and apparently there are others) am sick and tired of the double standard when reporting on RGIII!  People can't wait to find some BS thing to accuse RGIII without any accountability.

There are even many of our own fans that one one hand will say "well we need to see the facts" for Kaep but will crucify RGIII for something as stupid as a logo created by the person who pays him for his endorsement!!  It's a legal obligation by contract!!!! But they will not spend too much time on the workouts he arranged, or discussing the fact that RGIII wass in Redskins park working out when he could have been  on vacation!

Just want those trashing RGIII on other threads to think about how they are treating Kaep. Are you being even handed????

Based on the perceptions of former 49ers safety Donte Whitner, coach Jim Harbaugh may not be thrilled about this situation, at all.

“He said that we can do anything in the world and we can come and talk to him and he’ll forgive us except put our hands on women,” Whitner said in 2012, after Harbaugh first season as head coach.  “If you put your hand on a woman then you’re done in his book.  So other than putting your hands on women, you can do anything and come talk to him, and it’s true.”

Donte Whitne's interpretation of what Harbaugh said is funny to me, in a face-palm kind of way, and probably a window into the mind-set of the pampered pro athlete.  I'm pretty sure Harbaugh didn't mean "go ahead guys, do anything you want.  Just don't touch the ladies."     But that's how Whitner makes it sound.  You get a Get Out of Jail Free card for anything except assault on a woman. Yay.

Thanks, new guy.

It's related. I spoke on Kaep. Kept it on topic. You failed to see the point. I can't make you see it.

I read your post completely. There is absolutely no need to bring up RG3 or the Redskins in a thread about Kaepernick and a few players involved in a rape investigation. I have no idea why you felt the need to bring up some slight you feel RG3 is having in this thread, but do it in another thread on a topic that is not as serious as this one.

But since it's not RGIII, they are like, well let's see what the facts are, which is the right answer. But that should be the right answer for everyone!  I for one (and apparently there are others) am sick and tired of the double standard when reporting on RGIII!  People can't wait to find some BS thing to accuse RGIII without any accountability.

realize you are comparing the RG3 and Shanahan issue to a RAPE allegation. Slow down and think about that.

These are TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT topics.

I really cannot even think as to why you two feel its important to bring up RG3 wearing a Tshirt to a situation like this.

Donte Whitne's interpretation of what Harbaugh said is funny to me, in a face-palm kind of way, and probably a window into the mind-set of the pampered pro athlete.  I'm pretty sure Harbaugh didn't mean "go ahead guys, do anything you want.  Just don't touch the ladies."     But that's how Whitner makes it sound.  You get a Get Out of Jail Free card for anything except assault on a woman. Yay.

It's an odd way of looking at the world.  Arguably, what Mike Vick did (and the kind of sadism and cruelty he had to indulge in, cultivate, etc) is worse (especially being extended) than, say, slapping a woman.  But in spite of political and social developments we still have a very Victorian sense about how we treat the sexes.  It's the same thing that can let a woman shoot her husband while he's sleeping, smear his character after he's dead and a jury will give her 60 days in a mental facility and give her custody of her kids.  While a man would, rightly, be held responsible for his actions.  In fact, has there EVER been a case of battered husband defense (in spite of statistics and anecdotal evidence like Fred Lane pointing to the very real existence of such)

Sorry for the tangent but yeah, we forgive and overlook all kinds of things but just TOUCH one of our superior flowers and mothers of all mankind and you're persona non grata.  Butcher loving, loyal creatures, use family pets as target practice or beat someone to the point they have brain damage in a fight YOU provoke, or get into a reckless accident, and you're OK if you say you're sorry.

I read your post completely. There is absolutely no need to bring up RG3 or the Redskins in a thread about Kaepernick and a few players involved in a rape investigation. I have no idea why you felt the need to bring up some slight you feel RG3 is having in this thread, but do it in another thread on a topic that is not as serious as this one.

realize you are comparing the RG3 and Shanahan issue to a RAPE allegation. Slow down and think about that.

I really cannot even think as to why you two feel its important to bring up RG3 wearing a Tshirt to a situation like this.

No one is saying anything is similar when it comes to rape and socks. At all. The point flew over your head.

And for the record, nothing has been proven about this case yet. So condemning Kaepernick at this point is asinine.

No one is saying anything is similar when it comes to rape and socks. At all. The point flew over your head.

no, that is exactly what you have done. Almost exactly. You even mentioned socks and "RG3 attention seeking" in your post. You are upset that people believe that RG3's "attention seeking" is embarrassing the league where real criminal activity is taking place. You compared the two situations when there was no comparison needed.

It is stunning to me that you read this story and one of your first thoughts is to defend RG3 in something that has nothing to do with him. That is what you have done. No one is stupid.

And for the record, nothing has been proven about this case yet. So condemning Kaepernick at this point is asinine.

who condemned Kaepernick? Where in my post did I condemn Kaepernick, say he was guilty, or say anything that suggested he did anything improper? Please quote it so I can look stupid.

Although TMZ.com continues to refer to the incident as a sexual-assault investigation, a Miami police spokesman told the Bay Area News Group on Thursday: "There's no evidence of a crime or a sexual assault. This report is simply an incident report taken at the woman's request."

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_25545499/49ers-colin-kaepernick-says-reports-incident-involving-woman

Lets wait for the facts to come out.

It is stunning to me that someone is making a big deal out of someone tying another story to this one and pointing out a double standard. Last time I checked, that isn't against the law, officer. I don't think it was anymore off topic than my post was. If it is such a big deal to you, than report it... Otherwise I think you should stop being a hall monitor

It is stunning to me that someone is making a big deal out of someone tying another story to this one and pointing out a double standard. Last time I checked, that isn't against the law, officer. I don't think it was anymore off topic than my post was. If it is such a big deal to you, than report it... Otherwise I think you should stop being a hall monitor

I'll quote your post because I feel its the right thing to do instead of the "I will point a post at you but pretend to be indirect" move.

You cannot have a double standard when the two incidents are not the same severity. Not only that this very forum has a history of its own double standards when looking at Redskins players versus other teams.

And it really troubles me that something that has absolutely nothing to do with a Redskin, ends up being compared to a Redskin. It makes no sense.

I don't need your permission to post what ever I want. This is around the NFL. I believe RGIII is in the NFL. 

Having said that, while what your comment above is both insidious and arrogant it also made my point. You managed to mention two items RGIII was crushed for in two sentences (RGIII vs. Shanny and RGIII wearing a T-Shirt). And how do you know about those things? Too much coverage! So thanks! 

Of course no one is tying these two things together. The point (which apparently went completely over your head, either intentionally or due to a lack of reading comprehension), is that there is an extreme double standard when it comes to reporting on RGIII. Every move he makes is crucified regardless of what it is, but others can get DUIs and be accused of Rape and there is a measured response. 

I don't need your permission to post what ever I want. This is around the NFL. I believe RGIII is in the NFL. 

Having said that, while what your comment above is both insidious and arrogant it also made my point. You managed to mention two items RGIII was crushed for in two sentences (RGIII vs. Shanny and RGIII wearing a T-Shirt). And how do you know about those things? Too much coverage! So thanks! 

Of course no one is tying these two things together. The point (which apparently went completely over your head, either intentionally or due to a lack of reading comprehension), is that there is an extreme double standard when it comes to reporting on RGIII. Every move he makes is crucified regardless of what it is, but others can get DUIs and be accused of Rape and there is a measured response.

A few things

One, Kaepernick has not been accused of anything. Two, this story is at most 24 hours in the news cycle. As in it just hit.

Another thing, the RG3 stuff happened during training camp and into the season. Its April right now.

I mean I am really trying to figure this out, do you want Kaepernick to be racked over the coals over an "investigation" in which the woman who was admitted to the hospital claims no sex happened?

What is going on here? This is bizarro world. I cannot understand how one of your first thoughts is to point your finger at the media for going at RG3 in this situation.

A few things

One, Kaepernick has not been accused of anything. Two, this story is at most 24 hours in the news cycle. As in it just hit.

Another thing, the RG3 stuff happened during training camp and into the season. Its April right now.

I mean I am really trying to figure this out, do you want Kaepernick to be racked over the coals over an "investigation" in which the woman who was admitted to the hospital claims no sex happened?

What is going on here? This is bizarro world. I cannot understand how one of your first thoughts is to point your finger at the media for going at RG3 in this situation.

No I do not want Kaep. to be raked over the coals! I stated in my post the response was measured and it should be (you either missed it or chose to ignore it).  What about Irsay? There is no question he is drug addict and alcoholic, but that has been almost zero coverage and it's been weeks.

What I want is the overly critical kill him for anything BS to RGIII crap to stop. Our point is that the media needs to be more even handed and back off RGIII. 

And the first instinct is because we are tired of the constant onslaught of attacks and mis-information spewed about RGIII. Also, many who trash RGIII hold up Kaep and Russell WIlson, saying see they are good guys. They do nothing wrong. Yet when one is at least tied to something irregular, they are virtually mum. Tired of the double standard and making that point.  

JoeWolf,

Come down from the high horse. I did no such thing. I'll break my point down for you:

People bash Griffin like he's some sort of menace to society. It makes every news reel out there. But stuff like a possible rape, or knocking out your woman is spoken about and glanced over. You know, real bad guy ****.

No one is saying socks are the same as rape. Give me a break.

Alcohol's effects on a man's ability to achieve and keep an erection pretty much means him having intercourse against his will (or while too drunk to give consent) is an extreme rarity. Add to that the fact that if a male doesn't want sex to begin with AND is drunk, getting him to have an erection so that intercourse can take place is damn near impossible. Not to be vile, but in comparison a woman doesn't even need to be alive for someone to have sex with her.

If what's being reported so far is true, this woman wasn't merely drunk.

If the issue is unconscious then let's use that word instead of drunk. Having sex with someone that knocked out is creepy as hell and hard to argue that it's anything other than rape.

The erection thing you mentioned relating to drinking is far from being a rule. Guys can absolutely have sex while being so drunk that they have little memory of what happened or how they even got there. College campuses around the country can attest that seemingly every weekend. Blackouts (memory loss) don't necessarily mean that the person is so drunk that they can't move or talk.

A lot of people are calling her a good digger & a whore because she admitted to a past sexual relationship with Colin...

Umm, sorry that still doesn't give him permission to assault her while she is passed out drunk.

It doesn't matter if it's a chick you just met or your wife of 30 years. Having sex with a woman who is passed out drunk is called rape.

Get back to the Panthers boards or Ravens now..........she said he left the room without having sex with her, then she said she woke up in a hospital. Sounds kinda shady to me, on her part.  So she states that no sex went on, then claims she woke up in a hospital knowing nothing.  Doesn't that sound odd to you? 

You have ZERO proof any wrong doing went on, so instead of judging others, why don't you sit back and see what evidence unfolds before you make accusations.  If something happened, the facts will unfold.

A few things

Whats your stance on Big Ben and the allegations of rape he faced?  Just curious. 

Archived