Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Colin Kaepernick Invesitgated for Sexual Assault

jaybrant

http://www.tmz.com/2014/04/10/colin-kaepernick-49ers-sexual-assault-investigation-miami-viceroy/

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick is being investigated for an alleged sexual assault in Miami, Florida ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ Sports.
We're told the alleged incident took place in Miami earlier this month. 

Our sources tell us ... the investigation is in its "beginning stages" and no charges have been filed against anyone at this point. 

We reached out to both Colin's agent and the San Francisco 49ers -- so far, no comment from either one. 

Kaepernick doesn't appear to be fazed by the allegations -- he was out partying at a Miami nightclub early Sunday morning with a smile on his face. 

Colin was at the Viceroy as recently as April 5th -- when he hung out with a wedding party near the pool at the hotel.  People in the wedding party tell us Colin couldn't have been nicer and "made the bride's weekend."

More at link

Report: Other players involved in Kaepernick case

It’s still too early to know much about the sexual assault allegations reportedly made against 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

According to Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area, police have indicated that 49ers receiver Quinton Patton and Seahawks receiver Ricardo Lockette were involved, and that the incident happened at Lockette’s apartment in Miami.

It’s also unclear whether and to what extent the allegations will affect the 49ers’ willingness to make a significant long-term financial commitment to Kaepernick.  Based on the perceptions of former 49ers safety Donte Whitner, coach Jim Harbaugh may not be thrilled about this situation, at all.

“He said that we can do anything in the world and we can come and talk to him and he’ll forgive us except put our hands on women,” Whitner said in 2012, after Harbaugh first season as head coach.  “If you put your hand on a woman then you’re done in his book.  So other than putting your hands on women, you can do anything and come talk to him, and it’s true.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/10/report-other-players-involved-in-kaepernick-case/

I hate to be that guy, but I'm going to be that guy: 2nd rounder for Kirk and we've got ourselves a deal.

That being said, it's way too early to know whether this is true or not, and whether this does anything to Kap or not.

I just want to add, from what has been reported so far, there's not enoug evidence to charge anyone. They must have more that what's been reported.

Both sides seem a bit sketchy so far.

Her side - Waking up in the hospital, not knowing what happened and reports that he had sex with her.

Their side - Guys, drinking, smoking and somebody whom she's had sex with in the past. What does she think he wants to do? Play tiddly winks?

A lot of people are calling her a good digger & a whore because she admitted to a past sexual relationship with Colin...

Umm, sorry that still doesn't give him permission to assault her while she is passed out drunk.

It doesn't matter if it's a chick you just met or your wife of 30 years. Having sex with a woman who is passed out drunk is called rape.

I still don't get the whole "Sex while she's unconscious " thing that some dudes do. Wtf kind of person gets off on that.

Ok, let me revisit an old situation:

One of my exes used to drink pretty heavily when she'd get around her girlfriends.  I was there a couple times but for some reason there was one instance where her friend was just ridiculous.  Unstable even while sitting, and then I was going to drive them home (I was sober and needed to get something from her apartment) she got into a cab and REFUSED to go with us, then called us later asking why we weren't around.  

She was also a girl who, whle seemingly just tipsy, would black out.

Sooooooo, long story short: Some of these girls (not including ones who are deliberately drugged, etc.) are not unconscious at all but have had so much (and maybe some drugs) that they don't remember.  Hell, I've had sex with my actual girlfriend a couple times after partying and couldn't remember some moments (I never blacked out an entire night but I react differently than some people who really do black out and appear fine.)  

So, Kaep could be under investigation for having sex with a girl who seemingly was able to give consent but didn't remember anything.

This is why you don't get blasted while hanging out in a sexually charged environment.  Things happen, including men "being raped" by women they wanted no part of, because they're so far off the chain that they may appear conscious but are not in any shape to give real consent. 

My current gf said one thing she always did was make sure she slept at a friend's house/apt every time she drank anything, so that she was never in an apartment with guys.  But to put the onus on people for their own safety is, apparently, a bridge too far these days.  Now two people can blow the same BAC but only one is held legally responsible for his actions.  

Ok, let me revisit an old situation:

One of my exes used to drink pretty heavily when she'd get around her girlfriends. I was there a couple times but for some reason there was one instance where her friend was just ridiculous. Unstable even while sitting, and then I was going to drive them home (I was sober and needed to get something from her apartment) she got into a cab and REFUSED to go with us, then called us later asking why we weren't around.

She was also a girl who, whle seemingly just tipsy, would black out.

Sooooooo, long story short: Some of these girls (not including ones who are deliberately drugged, etc.) are not unconscious at all but have had so much (and maybe some drugs) that they don't remember. Hell, I've had sex with my actual girlfriend a couple times after partying and couldn't remember some moments (I never blacked out an entire night but I react differently than some people who really do black out and appear fine.)

So, Kaep could be under investigation for having sex with a girl who seemingly was able to give consent but didn't remember anything.

This is why you don't get blasted while hanging out in a sexually charged environment. Things happen, including men "being raped" by women they wanted no part of, because they're so far off the chain that they may appear conscious but are not in any shape to give real consent.

My current gf said one thing she always did was make sure she slept at a friend's house/apt every time she drank anything, so that she was never in an apartment with guys. But to put the onus on people for their own safety is, apparently, a bridge too far these days. Now two people can blow the same BAC but only one is held legally responsible for his actions.

I think her waking up in a hospital without remembering how she got there is the wildcard here. It's not like she woke up the next morning and couldn't remember what happened the night before...apparently someone thought she needed serious medical attention. That could make it difficult to claim she was coherent enough to have given consent.

I think her waking up in a hospital without remembering how she got there is the wildcard here. It's not like she woke up the next morning and couldn't remember what happened the night before...apparently someone thought she needed serious medical attention. That could make it difficult to claim she was coherent enough to have given consent.

True, and I don't dispute that it complicates it.  My question would be if she seemed OK (as my ex's friend did) and then got worse during/after.  Again, this one chick totally blacked out the memory of the entire experience (from being in the bar, to catching a cab and yelling back and forth and refusing to come with us) and had she been on drugs or drank more afterwards, it's quite possible she could have had been hospitalized for something that happened after we parted ways.  

It's unfortunate no matter what. 

Based on the perceptions of former 49ers safety Donte Whitner, coach Jim Harbaugh may not be thrilled about this situation, at all.

“He said that we can do anything in the world and we can come and talk to him and he’ll forgive us except put our hands on women,” Whitner said in 2012, after Harbaugh first season as head coach.  “If you put your hand on a woman then you’re done in his book.  So other than putting your hands on women, you can do anything and come talk to him, and it’s true.”

if this thing escalates to a point where charges are filed or even if there is a conviction, I would be VERY interested in seeing if Harbaugh sticks to his guns on that policy.

I can imagine a scenario where this rule applies to everyone on the team EXCEPT the starting quarterback.

Far to early for me as well, to pass any type of judgement.  But, this will probably come down to a he said/she said situation like most do....such as the Rothlesberger case. 

Will be interesting to see how the HC responds to this.....as more info comes to light...especially if he did make those comments to the team about coming to him with anything except laying hands on a woman.  Of course, guess technically it is not his hands that he is supposed to have put on the woman in question.

If I were the 49ers, and the league office, I would be more concerned with the allegation of pot smoking right now....would try and force a piss test to see if they pop positive or not (all 3 involved).  Seems that this is the easiest part of the story to prove or disprove at this point in time. 

Well, if she ended up in a hospital bed, clearly the hospital would have some answers. Either she blacked out the whole experience of getting there, or someone must have taken her there. Either way, someone in the hospital has to know how she got there.

There's waaaaaaaaaaaaay to little information missing here for anyone uninvolved to know ANYTHING about what's going on. I shall withhold from passing my judgement at the present.

A lot of people are calling her a good digger & a whore because she admitted to a past sexual relationship with Colin...

Umm, sorry that still doesn't give him permission to assault her while she is passed out drunk.

It doesn't matter if it's a chick you just met or your wife of 30 years. Having sex with a woman who is passed out drunk is called rape.

Was she passed out or did she blackout (memory loss)? Did they have sex? Was Kap also drunk? Does that make him a victim as well?

Until it is reported that he did that, you probably shouldn't be passing judgment on him

Archived