Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles WR D. Jackson flies from nest

Redskins44fan

I'm pretty sure he does have gang ties, but there are guys in EVERY locker room who do as well.  As a matter of fact, he doesn't hide his ties too well.  His nickname, which is tatted on his back, is JaCCpot.  Why the 2 C's??  Crips don't put C's next to K's when spelling b/c it stands for "Crip Killer" in the gang world.  Stupid, yes...but it is what it is. 

All that being said, Derrick Ward had some excellent points.  Everything said about Jackson is ASSUMED.  Dude has a very clean record off the field and he's done a lot for anti-bullying.  Is he someone I would want on the skins?  In a ****ing heartbeat.  He's a playmaker in every sense of the word.  Dude is explosive and would be a crazy jolt to this offense.  I hope the Skins were one of the 4 teams inquiring about him right after his release.  I hope Desean sees us as a good fit for his talents and also would want the chance to stick it to the Eagles 2x a year by staying in the NFC East (hopefully w/ us). 

Why would the Eagles look for reasons to get rid of their top WR?  I don't follow.  What do they have to gain?

Given the fact that the NJ.com article has pics of him throwin' up signs, it's more like character suicide than character assassination.

Just my opinion.

Thank you.

I don't see why people think that the Eagles, a team based on speed, would cut Jackson, a d-bag but a good receiver with a hell of a lot of speed, in order to assassinate his character.  Yeah, that really sounds like Chip Kelly's way of establishing himself in the NFL.

Some things are FAR bigger than mere athletic ability, and for those of us brought up the right way under Coach Joe who value a stable locker room .....

HELL NO! to even considering that character.

I'd rather a lesser talent that will work his tail off and not associate with known violent criminals than entertain Jackson.

Hail.

I'm pretty sure he does have gang ties, but there are guys in EVERY locker room who do as well.  As a matter of fact, he doesn't hide his ties too well.  His nickname, which is tatted on his back, is JaCCpot.  Why the 2 C's??  Crips don't put C's next to K's when spelling b/c it stands for "Crip Killer" in the gang world.  Stupid, yes...but it is what it is. 

All that being said, Derrick Ward had some excellent points.  Everything said about Jackson is ASSUMED.  Dude has a very clean record off the field and he's done a lot for anti-bullying.  Is he someone I would want on the skins?  In a ****ing heartbeat.  He's a playmaker in every sense of the word.  Dude is explosive and would be a crazy jolt to this offense.  I hope the Skins were one of the 4 teams inquiring about him right after his release.  I hope Desean sees us as a good fit for his talents and also would want the chance to stick it to the Eagles 2x a year by staying in the NFC East (hopefully w/ us). 

That ganglife is a different beast. I'm pretty sure Jackson can put this behind him. Also they don't use the letter B.

Anyone else think that Chip Kelly might be a huge egomaniac who thinks his scheme can turn anybody into a star ala Gregg Williams?

I think he's the real deal who adapted his scheme superbly to the pro game the longer the year went on last term if that helps.

He's here to stay and the Eagles are a serious challenger to anyone with aspirations on the NFC East crown this season.

Hail.

Thank you.

I don't see why people think that the Eagles, a team based on speed, would cut Jackson, a d-bag but a good receiver with a hell of a lot of speed, in order to assassinate his character.  Yeah, that really sounds like Chip Kelly's way of establishing himself in the NFL.

I understand your point, but I think DJax's split with the Eagles goes a bit deeper.  They signed a lot of high priced FAs two years ago, and DJax who had outperformed his contract didn't get a new deal.  He held out.  He mailed in some games.  He pissed some people off, and I'm sure he was pissed at some people.  I don't think those wounds ever healed.

In short, I don't think the Eagles wanted to pay him.  They were tired of the headaches and wanted to move on.

I'm not saying that the gang story isn't true.  But I don't think it's ridiculous to think that the Eagles could be magnifying it a bit to justify letting their best WR walk with zero compensation.   

I think the OP is on a mission to set a record for most new posts started in the same day but a new member. What have we learned about taking players the Eagles do not want? Nice job by them for getting rid of someone who puts himself above the team.

I couldn't be happier!

The two players who have dominated the Redskins the most the last few years are Desean Jackson and Michael Vick - both out of Philly and (hopefully) the division. 

I DO NOT want him here. We are a young team that's still building its identity. I don't want him to impact our identity. 

Also: I think this is going to really hurt the Eagles offense. 

Without Desean to stretch the field and keep a safety over the top, Cooper/Maclin/Celek/Ertz will all see more attention. And another player will be in the box to stop McCoy. 

Good luck, Chip. 

Another thought: Thankfully the Eagles front office is inept. They could have made this move a month ago and had more cap space to sign a safety who can actually cover. (Signing Jarius Byrd instead of Malcolm Jenkins)

I usually go against moves like this but damn, we would be terrifying with Jackson.

Sure he's a dumb ****, but he doesn't have a real record. This is a risk but I'd take it.

(sue me lol)

I'm right there with you. Couple red flags sure. But to me there isn't really a ton of substance to this whole story, certainly nothing to blacklist him entirely. Frankly I'm surprised the Iggles released him over this.

Wow. Yeah, we don't need that mess. No matter how talented he is, the last thing we need is something like this to deal with. We already have had enough problems with the likes of Fred Davis & in recent history, I don't think anyone needs to be reminded of Fat Albert & his terrible work ethic. We don't need this guy. Let him go the Raiders where he obviously will fit right in.

Redskins better sign him, or at least ensure we are the only team he plays for in division.

Wow. Yeah, we don't need that mess. No matter how talented he is, the last thing we need is something like this to deal with. We already have had enough problems with the likes of Fred Davis & in recent history, I don't think anyone needs to be reminded of Fat Albert & his terrible work ethic. We don't need this guy. Let him go the Raiders where he obviously will fit right in.

the difference between Desean Jackson and Fred Davis is that Desean Jackson is a really good player while Fred Davis is not.

THIS! You dont cut the best offensive weapon on your team because you "think" he "might" be affiliated with gangs. Something else is going to come out. You can count on it.

No, thats what you say when you want to dump a star player without the philly fans turning on you.

I think he's the real deal who adapted his scheme superbly to the pro game the longer the year went on last term if that helps.

He's here to stay and the Eagles are a serious challenger to anyone with aspirations on the NFC East crown this season.

Hail.

We can beat them. Foles is garbage if pressure is put on him.

They didnt say it. In fact they refused comment on the article. The Shanahans are not running the Eagles.

Sorry bad choice of words. Its the excuse you use when you want to dump a star productive player that doesnt fit with what Kelly wants to do with his team.

That doesn't make sense to me. If pills was just desperate to get rid of him and save face why would they smear his name instead of trading him to Oakland for a 7th rounder?

We don't know the full story but I would think a team as shrewd as the Eagles wouldn't just dump him for nothing unless they think something could be very wrong. If they only wanted to justify the move it would make more sense to trade him for scraps then make up some story which could then be traced back to the organozation.

I hate the Eagles as much as most skins fans but they are not the same kind n of organization the redskins are

That doesn't make sense to me. If pills was just desperate to get rid of him and save face why would they smear his name instead of trading him to Oakland for a 7th rounder?

We don't know the full story but I would think a team as shrewd as the Eagles wouldn't just dump him for nothing unless they think something could be very wrong. If they only wanted to justify the move it would make more sense to trade him for scraps then make up some story which could then be traced back to the organozation.

I hate the Eagles as much as most skins fans but they are not the same kind n of organization the redskins are

It was only obvious the team didn't want him because of trade rumors. The same could be said of kirk cousins. Does that mean we just release him when we are done with him? Just doesn't make sense to me when historically teams aren't afraid to trade 7ths

Because he will ruin them.  

Never saw him come close to ruining the team he's been with for the past 5 years or so. Just put up career best stats. I don't see him ruining any team. He might ruin himself and his career but I can't see him actually taking a team down. Especially now a days when contracts will have some language voiding his contract if he gets into outside trouble like Aaron H did. Better pray Jerry and the Cowboys stay away from this kid. Dez + DJax will be a massive headache for any team. I seriously mean PRAY Jerry doesn't pull the trigger on this guy.

Archived