Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Falcons cut Asante Samuel, should Redskins sign him?

Hail4Life

Are we still hopeing to eventually have C. Minnefield, D. Amerson, P Thomas, and Rambo as our future starters in the secondary?

Or have to dropped this due to injuries? Just wondering.

I think most positions are fluid. Amerson and hall are locked in and everything else can be adjusted.

I'm not averse to bringing in vets to push in camp and platoon during the season if earned.

Just better quality than Samuel.

and pull my tongue out for saying so, but Reed Doughty played his position very well last year. He's in the mix. Excellent forcing the run, and one of our better tacklers last year.

~Bang

Are we still hopeing to eventually have C. Minnefield, D. Amerson, P Thomas, and Rambo as our future starters in the secondary?

Or have to dropped this due to injuries? Just wondering.

I definitely see D. Amerson as a starter.  The others are on the wait and see list.

Highly unlikely Josh Wilson will be a Redskins next year. Starters are likely to be Hall and Amerson plus someone we bring in to play nickel/slot. Samuel is not that guy.

Hall is best in the slot. Samuel would play outside with Amerson. Same as if we bought in Talib.

and pull my tongue out for saying so, but Reed Doughty played his position very well last year. He's in the mix. Excellent forcing the run, and one of our better tacklers last year.

~Bang

I'm pretty sure Reed Doughty was our only tackler last year.  I remember yelling things like "if only we had 4 Reed Doughty's".

Hall is best in the slot. Samuel would play outside with Amerson. Same as if we bought in Talib.

Well, that would be great except for one small detail.

Talib can play, Samuel is a bum who is finished.

I don't see what is so hard to understand about this.

You say "we can't get worse", and that is as laughable a statement as can be made.

The aim is to get BETTER.

Worthless dried up bums who keep getting cut don't help in that regard at all.

~Bang

Although I agree that Assante is not an answer for our secondary woes, I do think it's funny that many here have expressed insult at the idea.

Like he's SO much worse than what we have. DHall is on the downslope, Wilson is absolutely dreadful awful terrible, and as I sit here typing this, I can't even think of another name in our secondary. We stink.

Edit- Ah yes. Amerson. (A glimmer of hope.)

• 3 weeks later...

We brought Smoot back from Min. & he was average,not an impact player he was his 1st time w/ the Redskins It would be nice if he came in & played like London Fletcher I say give a look in preseason We should be looking for the next Sean Taylor like safety I was sad to see Eric Berry go to K.C.

I think we should bring him in, and give him a 5 year $35M fully guaranteed contract! I mean c'mon he WAS a pro bowler at one point! I mean what a steal! The real Asante Samuel! What a cool name for a CB!! He should give us at least 3 tackles and 1 int a year!  What a cool guy!  And look how many places he has played! Everyone else likes him, so should we! The fans will love him!! can we say "box-office!"

Oh Vinny, you are my hero!!!!!  

Archived