Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Falcons cut Asante Samuel, should Redskins sign him?

Hail4Life

I laugh so hard at the folks who say no. We had one of the worst secondaries in NFL history and we have the nerve to say "No" to a former pro bowler. Samuel lost his job to a good CB in Atl. But you think he wouldn't beat out Josh Wilson?? People just automatically assume that Talib will be there to sign with us or that the skins luck out and draft a Richard Sherman in the 5th round of this years draft.

Of course you sign him! Worst case scenario you cut him if he doesn't perform in training camp! Doesn't cost anything!

Hot dang! Garbage! Let's eat it!

No, you don't just sign every person who had a name 8 years ago.

Why did our secondary stink?

Do you know?

Come now. Show us what's so funny. We all are having a chuckle on you now,, why not give us a good belly laugh?

Tell us what Vinny taught you. Break it down for us.

~Bang

why wouldn't we take him in and check him out.  I'm not saying sign him to anything huge but work him out we need so much help Asante could still be an upgrade at nickel.  CBs last longer than RBs. 

Highly unlikely Josh Wilson will be a Redskins next year. Starters are likely to be Hall and Amerson plus someone we bring in to play nickel/slot. Samuel is not that guy.

Hall doesn't even have a contract.  He may start but we are rebuilding.  The secondary is biggest issue on the team.  With a decent secondary, or even a good secondary the defense on the 2013 skins may been effective.   Are you saying you are ok with the production of the 2013 secondary?

No way.  I want this team to draft our own Chancellor, or Sherman.  I'm tired of signing guys just because their names were big 10 years ago. 

I think 32 teams want that.  Its just difficult.  CBs demand high round picks, its difficult to find Boom in the late rounds although Seattle has done it I do not think we are likely to. 

last year we invested heavily in the draft in the secondary.

This will pay dividends.

Amerson looks to me like he can be a starter. Hall is better than Samuel, and frankly, so is Josh Wilson.

Rambo got a year under his belt, (and we figured out he should play special teams), Others are coming back from injury.

Samuel does not address any area of need, unless he can rush the passer.

IF we are to bring in any vets for the secondary, I would prefer they be winners, not guys who continue to get bounced off of winning teams. Samuel's only value would be experience, and I don't think I want his experience bothering our young players.

~Bang

I laugh so hard at the folks who say no. We had one of the worst secondaries in NFL history and we have the nerve to say "No" to a former pro bowler. Samuel lost his job to a good CB in Atl. But you think he wouldn't beat out Josh Wilson?? People just automatically assume that Talib will be there to sign with us or that the skins luck out and draft a Richard Sherman in the 5th round of this years draft.

Of course you sign him! Worst case scenario you cut him if he doesn't perform in training camp! Doesn't cost anything!

I laugh even harder at people that think when another team let's go of a has been they can reignite their career in the B&G.

I've always been a little surprised by Vinny gets bashed so much around here given that we've got so many couch GMs who would do the same things.

Vinny has conditioned Redskins fans with the mentality of: "Player X has been cut, should we"?

Yes I blame Vinny for some of the stupid on this board.

Absolutely. Does anybody really think that he'd make our secondary any worse regardless of his age? NEWS FLASH!!!!! It can't get any worse than it already is.

HTTR!!!

NEWSFLASH!!!!! We need improvement in our secondary and not a lateral move which this would be. Eh?

Absolutely. Does anybody really think that he'd make our secondary any worse regardless of his age? NEWS FLASH!!!!! It can't get any worse than it already is.

HTTR!!!

reminds me of an old fable

There once was a baker who could not bake. try as he might, he just couldn't get his cakes to taste good.

So he put a turd in the mix to see if it would help.

It didn't. 

The end.

the moral of this story is, even if your cake doesn't taste right, flavoring it with **** just means you're eating ****.

~Bang

Wow, is it "should we sign" season already?

lol, that's exactly what I thought when I saw this thread.

NO. We should NOT sign Samuels. The guy is finished, and there are better places to spend our money. I still think we need to get a FS and perhaps a corner, but we also need to get a DE or two, redo the right side of the OL, and pick up another receiver and maybe a TE (depending on if Reed can make it back).

I doubt that he would be a benefit to the team. He would end up being another 'payday' guy, a la Haynesworth, and most likely a failure a la Archuleta.

I'd much rather see a big focus on the scouting team being upgraded; there are alot of players who would be good fits who would not demand a huge salary, but even that is up in the air until we see how the chemistry between the new coaching staff and players go.

If we are going to bring any aging cb in we should bring back Champ Bailey. Would be a fitting way to end his career back in the B&G. People think he's done based off his injury plagued year and Super Bowl egg he layed. However I think of he's healthy he can still contribute and give us leadership our locker room needs now that fletch is gone.

Sorry, dont want the chump back here. I personally didnt like his play here ( lining up 10 yards off the ball on 3rd and 3) and He wanted out of here so bad, he barely got out before the door hit his sorry ass.

Archived