Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Falcons cut Asante Samuel, should Redskins sign him?

Hail4Life

Easy one NOOOOO!!!!! why get rid of what we have as bad as I would like to see Wilson go at the very least he will attempt to tacking he will stick his head in there Samuels will look the other way so if I had to choose I'd have to say good o'l 26 (with my head in my hands shaking). We have enough problems tackling that we're trying to fix why add someone who don't tackle?

I laugh so hard at the folks who say no. We had one of the worst secondaries in NFL history and we have the nerve to say "No" to a former pro bowler. Samuel lost his job to a good CB in Atl. But you think he wouldn't beat out Josh Wilson?? People just automatically assume that Talib will be there to sign with us or that the skins luck out and draft a Richard Sherman in the 5th round of this years draft.

Of course you sign him! Worst case scenario you cut him if he doesn't perform in training camp! Doesn't cost anything!

If he's willing to sign for vet min then MAYBE consider it.

If he wants more, nope nope nope nope nope.  At his age, paying him anything other than vet min is silly, because that'll eat into our cap (he'd be in the top 51 salaries at vet min).

There are much better, younger CBs on the market.  Shields, Talib, Graham, Munnerlyn, etc.  Grabbing a guy off the scrap heap doesn't help our situation.

According to nfl.com Falcons cut Asante Samuel.  I think we should at least give him a look if he will sign for a decent price, he could at least provide some depth.  What do you all think?

That your profile pic looks like a cross between Deion Sanders and Pittman4two? 

I would say anyone capable of playing in an NFL backfield is worth a look, since the Redskins are fielding players that should not be playing in an NFL backfield. 

If we are going to bring any aging cb in we should bring back Champ Bailey. Would be a fitting way to end his career back in the B&G. People think he's done based off his injury plagued year and Super Bowl egg he layed. However I think of he's healthy he can still contribute and give us leadership our locker room needs now that fletch is gone.

I laugh so hard at the folks who say no. We had one of the worst secondaries in NFL history and we have the nerve to say "No" to a former pro bowler. Samuel lost his job to a good CB in Atl. But you think he wouldn't beat out Josh Wilson?? People just automatically assume that Talib will be there to sign with us or that the skins luck out and draft a Richard Sherman in the 5th round of this years draft.

Of course you sign him! Worst case scenario you cut him if he doesn't perform in training camp! Doesn't cost anything!

Highly unlikely Josh Wilson will be a Redskins next year. Starters are likely to be Hall and Amerson plus someone we bring in to play nickel/slot. Samuel is not that guy.

The operative words in your post- "former pro bowler." He hasn't been good, hell, he hasn't even been decent in a few years. He's better in a Tampa Two defense where he anticipate picks. He wouldn't fit out defense and I'd rather bring in two rookies with more speed to compete.

Archived