Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 MLB Thread - Hot Stove Edition

MattFancy

Nats have been around since 2005. What have the Braves done since 1995?

Oh yeah choke in the playoffs.

Ok, do you want to compare since 2005? Lol Should we start with this year and go back? Your choice!

Just remember, everyone, BS does not troll in this thread. He is simply here to talk about his team. -_-

Pope, I didn't start it. Keep up!

I was having a conversation with a Giants fan and the Kyle starts with ME! But you're not biased, no.

I was having a conversation with a Giants fan and the Kyle starts with ME! But you're not biased, no.

You were being a jerk to someone who though you should've resigned Hudson, so I thought id inform you that resigning Hudson would've been better than wasting money on 2 guys who didn't even hit .200 last year, but no you're right.

You were being a jerk to someone who though you should've resigned Hudson, so I thought id inform you that resigning Hudson would've been better than wasting money on 2 guys who didn't even hit .200 last year, but no you're right.

Could you please explain how I was being a jerk?

For at least the second time TEG has posted that the Braves were stupid to not bring back a 38 year old pitcher coming off an injury.i merely pointed out to him that the Braves have the lowest era for starting pitchers (by a run) in the majors. Clearly that is being a jerk, yes /sarcasm

Are we talking about the same Teheran?  Because the Braves' Teheran hasn't had a decade-long career.  Last year was his first real stint in the majors (in the 2 years prior he had a combined total of 7 games, 4 starts, 25 innings).  Last year he went 14-8 with a 3.20 ERA.  He's been a top prospect in the organization for a while, a young guy on the come who hasn't come anywhere close to his peak yet.  His career ERA is a perfectly respectable 3.27, but is irrelevant anyway given his age and experience.  The organization has been anticipating his breakout for years.

The Harangutang, like Hudson, is an older pitcher.  And his career numbers aren't stellar.  But the Braves don't need him to be stellar.  What they need him to be is a serviceable #3 in the rotation.  Anything beyond that, like his start to this year, is gravy.

Yeah, I typed Teheran but meant Ervin Santana (who, by they way, is making $5mil more than Hudson this year).

So the idea that they couldn't afford to keep Hudson really is bunk (and yes, they were in a bind thus the high $'s...blah blah blah). They still found the money to pay Santana.

That said - sure, Hudson, coming off an ankle injury could be a health problem. He could break down at 38. Or, more likely (based on his 16 or so MLB years), he could stay mostly healthy, be the veteran mentor on a still mostly young staff (not including Vogelsong), and give the Giants 190-210 innings with a below 3.75 era.

I suspect the latter will happen - unless SF has a freakishly warm summer and balls starting flying out of AT&T Park.

:)

The Braves sure do miss that Hudson guy. Yep.

"Coming off his first career complete game, Teheran turned in another stellar performance by Atlanta's rotation, allowing only one run and five hits before he was lifted for a pinch-hitter. He actually lowered the cumulative ERA for Atlanta's starters, already the best in the majors, from 1.54 to 1.52."

The blue jays just broke the Orioles bullpen in the 8th with two 3 run home runs.

Jays should hang on to win, but even if some cold bays get hot, they won't be able to sustain wins if Burhele is the only starter who can give them 7 innings.

AL East is up for grabs if anyone wants it, but it doesn't look like there are any takers yet.

He already had it on him allegedly during his first game so to do it again after all the speculation is just stupid 

The rule of thumb is to use a little and don't make it obvious.

He used a LOT and it was MEGA obvious. They may even suspend him a start, now. 

I wonder if he has always done this.

Probably to some extent. A very large percentage of pitchers do it. And most hitters don't care that much as their pitchers are probably doing it as well, and because they don't mind the pitcher having control as he throws a sphere in their general direction. 

Now doctoring the ball to make it move all over the place is a different story. 

Brilliant from John Farrell.

Pineda prob looking at a 10 game suspension now. Total idiot but he went without it in the 1st inning and got dominated.

Why do say Farrell was brilliant? ANY manager would have called him on that. Hell, it was more blatant than the last time.

Pineda is an idiot, for sure.

The rule of thumb is to use a little and don't make it obvious.

He used a LOT and it was MEGA obvious. They may even suspend him a start, now.

He deserves to miss more than just a start. They need to make an example out of his ass.

Girardi has to  stand up for his guy. It'll be interesting to see how he pitches in the next couple starts, when all eyes will be on him.

I get that. Girardi should have said he made a mistake and left it at that. He was totally trying to cheat. As he did the last time against Boston. He should have known people would be looking for it again. Stupid.

Archived