Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 MLB Thread - Hot Stove Edition

MattFancy

Ok, here's what I don't get. I watched the ESPN clip on this and they spent more time talking about how he should hide it than they did the fact that it is prohibited in baseball. They said most players don't have a problem with it.

So, if this is true, then why not change the rule?

I was reading on Twitter last night and I can't remember who it was from, but basically they said the hitters don't have a problem with it as long as there aren't globs over it all over the baseball

The more stuff on the ball the more it can affect the flight path of the ball and even the ability of the bat to make firm contact with the ball.

If you are hiding it, that normally means you aren't using much of it and it isn't really affecting the hitters much, and you probably aren't really trying to affect the pitches vs. just get a grip on the ball, which helps it not hit the hitters.

If it is legal, then pitchers will be gobbing the stuff on, which affect the hitters more.

Oh, come on. You know good well you'd be doing the same if the roles were reversed. Don't pretend otherwise.

Sure i'd but excited, but I wouldn't feel the need to go to a forum dominated by Braves fans and gloat about it. Whatever though, congrats on the win. 

Sure i'd but excited, but I wouldn't feel the need to go to a forum dominated by Braves fans and gloat about it. Whatever though, congrats on the win.

Dude, you aren't fooling anyone. If the roles were reversed I would be getting destroyed in here. And I would take my medicine.

It's a long season, man. Gotta get your jabs in while you can.

Couple neat stats from that Braves/Phils game last night:

Cliff Lee struck out 13 but lost 1-0.  The last pitcher to do that was Cliff Lee.  Last season.  Against the Braves.

Evan Gattis went 4-4 with a HR in a game that his team won 1-0.  The last player to do that was Rogers Hornsby (!)

Also, both starting pitchers threw complete games.  A pretty rare occurrence these days.

Archived