Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jim Haslett: An ES study

Hunter_R

Jim Haslett  

250 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the Skins retaining Haslett before and after Shanahan's firing?

• Wanted him gone, and still do.
    • Wanted him gone, but now okay with keeping him.
    • Wanted him to stay, and glad that he is.
    • Wanted him to stay, but now want him gone.

I didn't want him, I don't want him, and I dread the next season.

I'm very curious about the results of this poll, because my head has been spinning with how many people seem to be okay with retaining Haslett. I want to see if it's in my head, or if there's something to it.

I see no surprises with the results of this poll.  Just surprised that the guy still has a job.  Unbelievable.  I just can't, for the life of me, figure out why Jay would stake his reputation on this guy running our defense.  Especially with his first head coaching gig ever.  Just setting himself up to fail.  Unbelievably believable, as a Redskins fan.

Well who is the one that wanted him gone, but now is okay with it. Sorry that makes no sence to mean, because he hasnt done anything to change your mind. Well at least he shouldnt have done anything to change your mind.

It is me and it is the ONLY response that makes any sense.  What does him not doing anything to change my mind have anything to do with being OK with it?

There's only 16 votes, but I still find myself, thus far, raising an eyebrow at the results considering the posts in resurrected Haslett threads.

I didn't know anyone wanted him to stay or was fine he was back.  I know I posted several times that I hated Shanahan even more after finding out how he'd micromanage the defensive staff and stuff.  The only change was that I didn't want Haslett to get attacked by his own playbook, then fall into a pool of lemon juice.  

I think the guy sucks.  I'm unhappy he's here still.  I think it's going to be the downfall of the coaching staff, though I'm hoping with everything I have that I'm wrong because I actually like Gruden and hope he does a great job.  

I also wish Wade Phillips was here instead.  I wish nearly anyone were here instead.  I'd even take Greg (just about everyone would take Gregg, but I'm talking about Greg).

Wanted him gone, still do, but realize it's not going to change anything and will give Gruden the benefit of the doubt based on the rest of the staff he put together and will hope for a D similar to 2nd half of 2012 since I know at least that is possible. 

I'm in that boat. I truly wanted him gone cause I HATE watching a truly awful defense. The fact is that he is here for now. So since he is a coach on the Redskins, my favorite team, I want him to succeed.

If we could play every game like the final 7 of 2012 I could deal with Haslett staying. But the tackling and everything else has just been so awful. I guess we will see what happens when he has a chance to get some free agents and draft a couple more guys. 

I am of those voted want him gone but ok with keeping him.   It's not like I have a choice in the matter.   You are beating a dead horse.  If the defense continues to suck; Haz will be gone.  If Gruden refuses to fire him and Danny insists that he be gone; then Gruden will be one and done.

I'm just going to live with it and hope for the best and if the worst continues; then **** and moan in the fall. 

I think what many of you are forgetting is every year he's been here Haslett has fielded a top fifty defense.  Only once was his team bad enough that it threatened to fall out of the top fifty.  Think about it... top fifty.  If we expanded the league by 18 teams we'd be golden.

Just imagine if Haslett had been in charge of either the 49ers or Seahawks defense. Can anyone honestly say that his approach/scheme would make the most effective use of the talent at his disposal? I laugh just thinking about it; and then I cry realizing that the ineptitude will continue for our own team.

Word it however you want, but I didn't want him here, I don't want him here, I'm not ok with him being here and I'm not "hoping" for better results because even if there are better results chances are the defense

will still be dismal. That's how bad the situation has been.

Archived