Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 NL East Division Champs Washington Nationals(News, Notes, Scores, and Discussion)

just654

Yeah, I've grown tired of waiting for him to fix his bad habits. I think it was last ST where he said he needed to relax at the plate to improve. He didn't and is still striking out too much for me, too. Maybe playing more often somewhere will help him, but I don't see it happening here.

If it were up to me, I'd really like to see Espi rebound and hasten in the era of Rendon at 3rd and Zimmerman at 1st.  I'd love a LaRoche bounce back but I don't see it happening.  I want no part of Tyler Moore on this team long term.

Frandsen is a .265 career pinch hitter, and led the majors with 14 pinch hits last year.  He can play first base (or third) and is effective against left-handed pitching.

Moore is not a pinch hitter.  He's shown that.  The 25th guy needs to be able to sit for 4 games, then come into a game as a PH with half a chance to make contact.  That's Frandsen.

Frandsen is a .265 career pinch hitter, and led the majors with 14 pinch hits last year.  He can play first base (or third) and is effective against left-handed pitching.

Moore is not a pinch hitter.  He's shown that.  The 25th guy needs to be able to sit for 4 games, then come into a game as a PH with half a chance to make contact.  That's Frandsen.

Bingo. He's the platoon guy for Laroche against lefties. Hariston takes over for Harper or Span. We have depth on the bench as well as in the lineup.

Still don't think Bryce said whatever he said TO the ump. Bryce was looking towards the third base area while walking back, never made eye contact with the ump. I think Bryce was probably more upset with himself..

Very true. Like the announcer said, could have just been a situation where he was pissed ( probably since he hasn't done that great in ST and is frustrated) and just said something about getting out again.

No big deal.

Still don't think Bryce said whatever he said TO the ump. Bryce was looking towards the third base area while walking back, never made eye contact with the ump. I think Bryce was probably more upset with himself..

Kilgore said the same thing.  Bryce mad at himself, umpire ejected him.  

Sounds like umpire is stupid.  But this does seem to happen to Bryce a lot.

Lol it's a spring training game. Chill out. He barely did anything. Just said something in passing. If this was the regular season he wouldn't have been tossed for that.

I wouldn't bet on that.  I was an umpire for close to ten years at various levels, so I rarely if ever blame officials in any sport for anything, but I will say that C.B. Bucknor has distinguished himself as both not at the highest level of competency, and as having a very quick temper/trigger.  Go read some of those anonymous player surveys about umpires, they rave about some of them for their professionalism and consistency.  Bucknor routinely scores the lowest, or among the lowest, every year, in pretty much all categories.

If you were to tell me, Bryce got ejected, didn't appear to do much to warrant it, Bucknor would be a top-three choice as to who was on the other end.

Scott Hairston mashes left handed pitching.  Has his whole life.  He's a bench bat to smash LOOGY's as they come in.

And don't be fooled by his line last year.  His BABIP was far below his career averages despite his batted ball profile being largely the same.  He suffered some bad luck in a small sample.

I guess I just don't see it. His LHP splits are not very good in 3 of the last 4 seasons. I was just hoping we could have gotten more efficient production out of the roster spot.

He's arrogant, entitled, stole candy from a baby, pushed an old lady while she was crossing the street, cuts you off in traffic then immediately brakes........that should about cover it.

http://www.natsenquirer.com/2014/03/bryce-harper-helps-old-lady-at-the-grocery-store.html

BipCj8JIQAAujEi.jpg

How dare that arrogant, entitled, stole candy from a baby, old lady pushing, cuts you off in traffic and then immediately brakes guy help a little old lady at the grocery store.

I guess I just don't see it. His LHP splits are not very good in 3 of the last 4 seasons. I was just hoping we could have gotten more efficient production out of the roster spot.

10 home runs in 146 ab's against LHP last year?  That's pretty good for a bench bat.  

Again, his peripherals indicate a lot of bad luck last year too.

Anyway, he's the 24th man on the roster and i'm not too worried about him.  5th Ofer.

Archived