Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

5/20/14 Edit: Per John Keim: Morocco Brown will become VP of player personel for Browns

Boss_Hogg

IIRC didn't Angelo stiff Lovie on an extention in Chicago and pick the OCs that led to Lovie's demise?

Yes.  Lovie never had a good OC and Angelo sucked at drafting offensive players.  I think they brought in Martz at the end there didn't they?

I don't recall the timeline but Morocco was either there when Lovie just got there or he was there just before Lovie.

This conspiracy theory stuff is really killing this board value.

And you know this how?

Seriously.  Give it a rest people.  We get that you hate Snyder but guess what?  You are stuck with him whether you like it or not or decide to go root for another team.

So the twitter report was based on speculation because he's worked with him in the past? Nothing Lovie has said or Brown has said... Just a a guess, so if he's right he can claim first credit?

Look,at my sig! As the official team message board of the Redskins, even WE qualify as a league source...

Proof?  Article? Tweet? Private phone call between you and Dan?

Seriously, this drive by hate of Snyder is ruining the board.

No it's not.  How many coaches in his tenure?  How many coaches tenure were successful W/L records?  How many coaches were fired?  It's not just posts like his, it's replies like yours as well.  Where is the proof that Dan isn't involved?  It's the SAME THING as people posting he is involved.  Because Charley Casserly on NFL Network says Dan isn't involved means it's true when he knows absolutely nothing about what going on behind closed doors?  So because Dan was OK with the the RG3 benching he is completely out of football decisions?  If you think Dan is 100% completely out of football decisions your out of your mind.  The Dan hatred isn't ruining anything, its justified and opinionated just like everything else on a messageboard regarding the Redskins.  Our owner is terrible, stop trying to hide his massive failure as owner of the Redskins.

No it's not.  How many coaches in his tenure?  How many coaches tenure were successful W/L records?  How many coaches were fired?  It's not just posts like his, it's replies like yours as well.  Where is the proof that Dan isn't involved?  It's the SAME THING as people posting he is involved.  Because Charley Casserly on NFL Network says Dan isn't involved means it's true when he knows absolutely nothing about what going on behind closed doors?  So because Dan was OK with the the RG3 benching he is completely out of football decisions?  If you think Dan is 100% completely out of football decisions your out of your mind.  The Dan hatred isn't ruining anything, its justified and opinionated just like everything else on a messageboard regarding the Redskins.  Our owner is terrible, stop trying to hide his massive failure as owner of the Redskins.

But I'm not going on the board and shouting, "Hey, Dan Sndyer is not involved anymore! Woo hoo!"  You, nor no one else works in Ashburn. You nor no one else knows what is said day to day.  But Snyder haters year after year after year after year, keep basing what he does today on 1999-2010.  Do I love the guy as an owner?  No.  But, he's the owner of the team I root for.  And do you really think that ANY owner isn't involved in anything? Then you are the one who is out of their mind. The thing about the RG3 benching is, Snyder didn't MAKE the decision, he was OK with Shanahan doing that since he was PAYING Shanahan to make those decisions. 

I don't think Snyder has been a great owner either, but I've seen him make the effort to change over the years.  And Casserly probably knows 100 times about what is going on then any of us do, since that's what he does for a living.

I'm going to tell you what I've been telling others.  You don't like him, you don't like anything the team does, then why are you still a fan?  I hear Modells is having a New Years sale on Seahawks, Broncos and Patriots jerseys.  Please, we don't need this constant hate and viotrol at this time. Constantly spamming threads with Snyder hate isn't going to make him sell the team or anything.  Do you have another owner in mind?  I'd love to hear who this paragon of virtue is that could take over the team. Just enough already.  Stay on topic and bring something better to the thread or go find another website.  And this goes for ALL the Snyder haters.  Stifle it already.

^ just to clarify, I'm not a Dan hater at all.  I just simply respect the views and opinions of others who do not like Dan.  I like Dan but in truth he is a complete failure.  I grew alot of respect for Dan when he held his own on the team name, just like an owner SHOULD DO.  It's things like those making an owner good and involved in those kind of football decisions.  But there is no denying that Dan is lucky we have a very loyal fan base and not Jacksonville, or the Browns, ect.

One possible deterrent is that the Buccs have already picked their head coach and are picking his staff now. So a GM coming into that has to accept that he had no part in selecting the coaching staff and may also have to yield decision-making to the head coach at times.

It's not a deterrent if Brown and Lovie know each other well and want to work together.  Brown would know what he's getting into.  Even if Brown has a role in the Skins HC selection process, there's still a lot of unknown with how the relationships with the FO and coaching staff will work out.  I don't know what their relationship was like in Chicago, but if they're comfortbable with each other then it sounds like a good fit.  I know Lovie and Angelo didn't always see eye-to-eye.  Brown might of seen things Lovie's way which is appealing him.

Is it relevant history, or ancient history?

Four years ago is ancient history now?

The conspiracy theorists are on the other side out this one, claiming others are making it up that Snyder tends to want to be in charge. Everyone seems to see Morocco Brown as a legit GM in this league so let's agree with everyone else and not lose him to the bucs.

Think Bruce will chose MB if he has to and let Scott Campbell walk if necessary.

Scott Campbell isn't under consideration, I don't understand how this would happen.  It's not really Bruce's call anyways, It's up to Brown if he wants to stay or go.

25971ef2abdc48c057105d32e5f1f58d_normal.Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 

Former Cal coach Jeff Tedford will be Lovie Smith's OC, and Rod Marinelli will be the Bucs' defensive coordinator, ESPN is reporting.

gggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Jeff ****ing Tedford?

This guy sent bust after bust to the NFL at QB. Akili Smith, David Carr, Trent Dilfer, Kyle Boller...holy ****.

The Packers had to sit Rodgers for 3 years to fix what Tedford did to him.

Jesus ****ing Christ that is horrible.

This conspiracy theory stuff is really killing this board value.

And you know this how?

Is it relevant history, or ancient history?

Seriously.  Give it a rest people.  We get that you hate Snyder but guess what?  You are stuck with him whether you like it or not or decide to go root for another team.

Proof?  Article? Tweet? Private phone call between you and Dan?

Seriously, this drive by hate of Snyder is ruining the board.

Come on, guys.  I'm all for fact based, intelligent dialogue but not when it means your argument is naive. 

Summed up simply - Unless you're close do Dan Snyder, every side is speculation. 

But, take a look at what us fans have to base our opinions on: actions, history and concept of "where there's smoke there's fire".  It all points to one thing - the owner gets what the owner wants.  The consistency in foundational and organizational decisions across coaching history is uncanny.

I'm not trying to start an argument here, just want to say that discrediting the possibility that Snyder calls the shots is a little naive given what we've seen.

Come on, guys. I'm all for fact based, intelligent dialogue but not when it means your argument is naive.

Summed up simply - Unless you're close do Dan Snyder, every side is speculation.

But, take a look at what us fans have to base our opinions on: actions, history and concept of "where there's smoke there's fire". It all points to one thing - the owner gets what the owner wants. The consistency in foundational and organizational decisions across coaching history is uncanny.

I'm not trying to start an argument here, just want to say that discrediting the possibility that Snyder calls the shots is a little naive given what we've seen.

Disagree. ..The naivete begins & ends with regards to the Shanahan situation with the contract write up & the guarantee of full control. Logic portends that this stipulation is valid not only because it has been reported ad nauseum. ..but because if it wasn't so then Shanahan wouldn't be bothered to wait for a firing to claim his money, 1. Because, 2...If Dan did overstep his bounds as per the contract & it was provable. ..then Shanahan would be within his rights to quit & still get paid citing breach of contract.

It's really that simple folks. Dan wrote himself out of this one 4 years ago & Shanahan not doing the above is the unequivocal smoking gun in this situation.

In fact...all the extracurricular leak jobs & combative coaching decisions quite clearly spell out his intentions & makes this discussion moot imho.

I really don't know how else to say that the principles of deductive reasoning are almost exclusively in favor of Mr. Snyder...IN THIS INSTANCE.

Here's what I know about Dan Snyder: If Bruce came to him and said, "Hey Dan.  Tampa's trying to steal Morocco.  We want Morocco.  Go make that happen." 

Miraculously, Morocco will be here. Synder would make him an offer he couldn't refuse. 

Say what you want about Snyder, and I can say plenty, but when he wants something, he rarely doesn't get it. He kept Gregg Williams when it looked like he was a HC candidate again, he somehow got Marvin Lewis to leave Baltimore's stellar defense and come coach for Spurrier. He got Marty to come here like 43 minutes after he went on the air and said he'd never work for Snyder.

It's one thing that you can never question about Snyder.  If somebody comes to him and says, "I want this" he'll get it for them.  Period.  

Archived