Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Black Monday" prediction poll

Gart Monk

What is your prediction for 2014?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. What is your prediction for 2014?

• Mike Shanahan is fired. New Head Coach for 2014.
    • Mike gets to finish his 5th year. It's "do-or-die"
    • Mike gets an extension with "full control"
    • Mike gets an extension with "stipulations"
    • Mike stays. Kyle, Haslett & Burns are replaced.
    • Mike stays. Haslett & Burns are replaced.
    • Specail Teams are the core problem. Just replace Burns.

Black Monday is just a week away.  It is unlkely that we will know the course for 2014, on that day, but we are all curious to know how the FO is going to handle this off season.  What do you think is ACTUALLY GOING TO HAPPEN?

I believe that Mike Shanahan is a master "politician" and has his ass covered.  There are enough excuses working in his favor to stay for 2014 (with an extension) Kyle gets one more season as Burns and Haslett become martyrs.

There are too many possibilities so I kept it as short as possible without getting into roster manuevers, trade scenerios or Dan Snyder selling the team.

My prediction in no way mirrors what I WANT to happen.  I want Shanahan fired.

My prediction:  Shanahan stays, Haslett and Burns replaced.

As much as I want to turn the page on the Shannahans, I have to agree.  That is what I've been feeling increasingly for the past few weeks. 

Snyder already made his decision which was the Kansas City game. Shanahan will be fired during the off season. I'm confident of this. Snyder has not came out publicly to silence the media that his job is safe.

The only thing that Shanahan had going for him was the offense. After yesterdays offensive performance against a horrible Dallas D, it's safe to say that his offense is officially garbage.

Yeah... He's gone.

Everyone in the know (local, national, "insiders") have said it.

How anyone feels that he is staying is beyond me. Plus, it'll be tough to sell the fans on another year of suck...er... Shanahan

There's someone in the know? I'm not sure who that might be.

Since this is what do I THINK will happen poll and not what I WANT to happen I went w/Mike stays Haslett, Burns fired. This team is so dysfunctional at this point anything that happens won't surprise me..I don't see Dan taking that 7mil hit...I WANT them all fired including some of the fans ( I keed I keed..lol) but this isn't a what do you want..it's what do you think? I just see us being stuck in this hell hole for another season...is that not failure programmed? UGH!

Worse, how people actually want that is mind blowing. 

Hail. 

Simple. This team has pretty much burned all bridges with retaining HC talent. Can you think of any available head coach that would want to coach here? There have been several that stated publicly they would not.

Simple logic can demonstrate how badly handcuffed this franchise has been since Shanny was hired. No draft picks, No cap room, what can be expected? 

I am hoping Shanny stays for the last year of the contract, and replaced ST and DC coaches.

There's someone in the know? I'm not sure who that might be.

Exactly.  There are plenty of people that "pretend" to be in the know.  However I suspect that in order to be in the know on this one these people would have to have direct access to Dan Snyder.  There are plenty of people that make guesses.  And some of those guesses will be right.  But they will be guesses all the same. 

I think there is a good chance Shanahan stays and the staff is gone including his son.  I hope Dan Snyder shops for a better replacement for Mike and makes his decision based on the available options.  I would think that the job is more desirable with the QB situation now as compared to when Shanahan came in but this team's national image is pretty bad right now.

I voted the 1st option, only because thats what I think will happen.

Is it what i'd like to see? No.

I think with the exception of the first and last option, all choices would be a benefit.

Without a doubt in my mind, Haslett and Burns both need to be shown the door immediately after the Giants game; if Haslett is here next season, don't expect to see the season getting any better, but if Mike refuses to rid the team of Haslett, then sorry but he'll have to go as well.

Simple. This team has pretty much burned all bridges with retaining HC talent. Can you think of any available head coach that would want to coach here? There have been several that stated publicly they would not.

Simple logic can demonstrate how badly handcuffed this franchise has been since Shanny was hired. No draft picks, No cap room, what can be expected? 

I am hoping Shanny stays for the last year of the contract, and replaced ST and DC coaches.

I don't want him back, even with stipulations, because of 1) his compromised relationship with our QBs and 2) I'm not convinced that he wants to be here.

Um what?

Who are these ppl that have spoken out besides Tony Dungy (who isn't considering a return to coaching?)

How do you know coaches won't come here? Has O'Brien, Jay Gruden, Bevel, Smith, Zimmer, or anybody like that said they wouldn't?

Firing Marty didn't stop coaches from wanting to come here. Neither did firing Zorn. 

There are not many football minds that will turn down a HC gig. 

The Raiders seem to get coaches to come just fine as do the Browns, Jags, etc. As long as there is money to be made, coaches will come

Someone posted a thread that the magic number to unload Shanahan and Crew a year early would be 25 milly. That's a lot of money even to Dan Snyder. I think Shanahans and family stay for year 5. Is that what i want? NO, but none of it matters. Doesn't matter who coaches or plays. Something about this franchise is just ....soft... and unintelligent.

Archived