Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Black Monday" prediction poll

Gart Monk

What is your prediction for 2014?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. What is your prediction for 2014?

• Mike Shanahan is fired. New Head Coach for 2014.
    • Mike gets to finish his 5th year. It's "do-or-die"
    • Mike gets an extension with "full control"
    • Mike gets an extension with "stipulations"
    • Mike stays. Kyle, Haslett & Burns are replaced.
    • Mike stays. Haslett & Burns are replaced.
    • Specail Teams are the core problem. Just replace Burns.

This saddens me.

He can't be GM, Head Coach and Defensive Coordinator. I hope Bruce has some say so because the way it's run now, is dysfunctional.

My guess is Bruce will be in charge of canning Shanny. And Shanny's shot back at the NFL will be as offensive coordinator. Hard for me to see him get a head coaching job unless a really undesirable place opens up like Oakland where hot candidates seem to have no interest in.

actually, ive came to the idea that shanny shouldnt be fired. kyle should be fired, haslett should be fired, and keith burns should be fired. find an actual competent offensive playcaller, defensive coordinator, and special teams coach. i think with those 3, plus an easier (4th place) schedule next season, we should be better. these are the teams we are playing next season: dallas 2x, philly 2x, giants 2x.

other home games: Rams, Seahawks, Jaguars, Titans, NFC South 4th place team (Buccaneers)

other away games: Cardinals, 49ers (their new stadium, right?), Texans, Colts, NFC North 4th place team (Vikings).

As of right now, that looks like at least an 8-8 schedule, maybe 9-7. a win against the giants and cowboys at least once, a win against the rams, jaguars, titans, bucs, texans, vikings. maybe a surprise win here or there.

You sir are delusional.  5 wins at best against that schedule if Shanny comes back.  We gotta get someone in here to turn us in a completely new direction.

Black Monday... A black hole suddenly appears at redskins park, and sucks out all but one coach. Bobby Turner is the lone survivor. I think Snyder/Allen hire a consultant, who gets the GM, who gets the coach, who gets the staff.

Anything else and I'm going to start cutting... And I'm going to like it.

Black Monday... A black hole suddenly appears at redskins park, and sucks out all but one coach. Bobby Turner is the lone survivor. I think Snyder/Allen hire a consultant, who gets the GM, who gets the coach, who gets the staff.

Anything else and I'm going to start cutting... And I'm going to like it.

A consultant?  Ugh.  Don't want that, either.

Just want to win.  Now.  And forever. :(

2) I'm not convinced that he wants to be here.

I think that is the biggest thing.  It would appear that Shanny is coaching like he doesn't want to be here and it shows on the field with just a few exceptions(Garcon).  If the HC doesn't want to be here then get rid of him and bring in someone that does.

A consultant?  Ugh.  Don't want that, either.

Just want to win.  Now.  And forever. :(

Meh, somebody has to make that call though. I don't think I trust either to do their own GM search. Someone needs to point them in the right direction. I don't think it matters who makes the hire though. It's either the baby kissing yes man or the meddlesome owner. There will be no PR victory... But at the same time, a coach and staff is not going to materialize in front of everyone

You sir are delusional. 5 wins at best against that schedule if Shanny comes back. We gotta get someone in here to turn us in a completely new direction.

Oh my god....for the LAST time, NOT delusional...I'm a diehard optimistic fan!! And I believe that with a better playcaller on offense and defense, I think we can be back to last years winning. Shanny can stay and we would win with a good play caller. That is the difference I believe. It is my opinion.

Oh my god....for the LAST time, NOT delusional...I'm a diehard optimistic fan!! And I believe that with a better playcaller on offense and defense, I think we can be back to last years winning. Shanny can stay and we would win with a good play caller. That is the difference I believe. It is my opinion.

Delusional

Answer these questions.

A) He is on year 5 of a 5 year contract. Do you extend him and why?
   I) If you dont extend him do you stick with the same coordinators?
   II) If not what coordinator is going to come here with possibly only 1 year to do something productive and then fired the next year when a whole new regime comes in?
B ) Why do you think he deserves to be here next year?

I just can't get over how so many want Shanahan back. This is a team many were expecting to compete this year to possibly have the WORST record in the league. I'm hearing "fire this guy, fire that guy, but keep Shanahan." Has some of you lost y'all minds? Why is Shanahan getting a pass? Mark my words, bring back Shanahan, say goodbye to RGIII.

Folks, we're 3-12.

Archived