Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Coaching Thread/Race to Black Monday: 1/6/25

88Comrade2000

Nah, beal, Russ has played poorly but unfortunately Nate earned this fire 

His having to hire a "game manager" after  his first game, multiple missteps directly attributable to his leadership skills, and def culminating in players fighting with each other on the field and then on the bench and sidelines simply scream for the fire

I know from your posting over the years that you don't really follow football that much or know much about it😈😛 but to people like me who wanted Nate, and the team, to make a big jump up its been one of those things where you could see it coming and just hoped somehow they'd straighten it out before years end and maybe fix stuff in the 2nd year 

Of course whoever they bring in will have to nail what to do get Russ back up to par and that among other issues still remaining won't make it easy for the next dude

• Thanks 1

Openings so far:

Carolina, Indy, Denver 

Sean Payton is lurking. He already has a staff lined up. Thing is, what will Saints ask for in compensation? 1st Round pick?

Potential Openings:

Not a good time if you’re on the bubble.

New England- Could see Bill retire or just a parting. Bill has done little since Tom left.

Dallas- If Mike doesn’t go deep into playoffs, he’s gone.

Cleveland- Do they feel the Stefanski/Watson pairing will work or they hire someone else?

Tennessee- Vrabel might be gone also if Titans miss playoffs.

Houston- Despite playing better of late, Lovie will be one and done. Texans will rebuild with a new coach.

New Orleans- Dennis Allen likely one and done. They will try again.

Atlanta- Arthur may get the boot, his tenure has been disappointing.

Las Vegas- Does Davis eat the contract or give Josh more time to get his qb first?

Arizona- Kliff needs to be gone. 

Seattle- I could see a surprise retirement from Carroll.

Staley in Los Angeles made the playoffs; so he’s safe. Sorry Sean.  I think Steve Wilks will either get the Panthers gig or a shot elsewhere. Carolina still has a shot at winning the South over Tampa.

Doubt the Titans fire Vrabel. They're still very much in the playoff race despite literally no QB and having traded an All Pro caliber WR. His teams are always well coached and he just won a power struggle against the GM. If anything his position in Tennessee is strengthened.

Can't see Arthur Smith getting fired either. He still hasn't had a chance with a real QB.

Really rooting for Ryans and Dorsey to get a shot. I also want to see Jim Caldwell on somebody's staff in the upcoming season. The man can coach. The hiring trend may we'll be for younger guys, but those dudes would be well served by having Caldwell on board.

20 hours ago, skinzplay said:

Really rooting for Ryans and Dorsey to get a shot. I also want to see Jim Caldwell on somebody's staff in the upcoming season. The man can coach. The hiring trend may we'll be for younger guys, but those dudes would be well served by having Caldwell on board.

It’s almost criminal that he hasn’t found another HC gig. He may be too old and away from the league too long for that now, but he’s the kind of guy a lot of teams, the WFT included, could bring in to improve QB and offensive player development big time. 

Edited by The Sisko
  • Like 1

Couldn't agree with you more @The Sisko. He got the damn shaft in Detroit and had too much integrity to mark himself present during that tank job in Miami. He worked absolute wonders in Detroit. They screwed up royally by jettisoning a guy who had them on the right track, all to hire more of that fool's gold from Foxboro. And if anybody thinks the officiating has sucked for us this season, go back and watch Caldwell's last season in Detroit. To quote Coach Gibbs after we got hosed in Denver, there was a lotta "mystery stuff" going on.

• Like 1