Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Russ Grimm for HC? (MET)

Canadianfanforlife

Until Shanahan is fired or resigns this will be an ongoing topic. Personally I've been a supporter of his but even I have my limits. I've seen & heard enough to realise that M.S. is not the answer. We've tried HOF coaches. We've tried college coaches. We've tried ex-players turned coaches. We've tried 2 time winning SB coaches. All in vein.

The one thing that we haven't tried (& I think would work) is to hire one of our own ex-players. Russ Grimm. As we all know he's a HOFer. He has coaching experience. He should have been hired as the Steelers HC.

Now, I don't know him personally, but I want to think he still has Redskins in him + I'm pretty sure he still wants a shot at being a HC. The fans would accept him (at least I would). He'd come cheap. The players would respect him (I think) seeing as how he played, is a SB champion & is a HOFer. I just don't see what harm could come of it. It couldn't be any worse than what we have & it certainly couldn't be any worse than it has been since Grimm's retirement. Your thoughts?

HTTR!!!

We could make Green our secondary coach. Jacoby could be our Oline coach. I'm sure Monk could coach the WRs. Is Riggins into coaching? London could stay on. I bet those guys would like him.

I know you're being sarcastic but I would love to see Green & Monk coaching in their respective positions. What harm could come of having our own HOFers coaching on our team?

HTTR!!!

I know you're being sarcastic but I would love to see Green & Monk coaching in their respective positions. What harm could come of having our own HOFers coaching on our team?

HTTR!!!

The hell if I know what works anymore. We've tried a respected position coach, a hot college coach, a HoF former coach and a future HoFer and we still suck. Why not Russ?

If he wasn't a HOF' er for the Skins, would you still want him?

If he hasn't gotten a shot at a HC position yet (and his name was been going around since I was in HS) then maybe he isn't cut out for it.

See, that's just it. Maybe a bunch of unqualified former players is exactly what the doctor ordered!

If he wasn't a HOF' er for the Skins, would you still want him?

If he hasn't gotten a shot at a HC position yet (and his name was been going around since I was in HS) then maybe he isn't cut out for it.

That's a good question & the answer is.....I don't know.

You're right, maybe he isn't cut out for it, but nobody will know until he's given the chance. People probably said the same thing about a little known offensive backfield coach for the Cardinals back in the mid 70's that went by the name of Joe Gibbs.

HTTR!!!

Y'all know what I say ...it works for Duke! Every suit on the bench played for K, and even though the system has stayed the same, so have winning results. The Redskins may just need an infusion of "let's get back to what worked". No one knows what that is better than the guys who did it.

Hail!

I'm sure he was considered for a couple of HC jobs before but I'd always be reluctant to promote directly from a position coach to HC. Aside from Grimm, hiring former fans favourites throughout the organisation rarely works in sports.

I'm not sure you're aware but he was the Offensive Line and Assistant Head Coach of the Arizona Cardinals. Granted, he wasn't the HC but assistant HC is as close you can come without actually being a HC.

HTTR!!!

Aside from Grimm, hiring former fans favourites throughout the organisation rarely works in sports.

This always reminds me of Bart Starr as the HC for GB... 8 years with only 3 winning seasons. Of course we've had Pardee (2 out of 3 winning seasons) and Petitbon (1 out 1 losing season). What I really want is for Snyder to hire a real GM and have the GM pick a HC. If the GM picked Grimm... then OK.

How many HOF players have become great head coaches?  Ditka won a SB but he really wasn't a great coach.  Forest Gregg got the Bengals to a SB, but bounced around 3 different teams.  Art Shell, Mike Munchak, Mike Singletary, Bart Starr and Dick LeBeau weren't that good.  

Grimm would bring some toughness to this team, but I would predict a lot of 8-8 seasons.  

Until Shanahan is fired or resigns this will be an ongoing topic. Personally I've been a supporter of his but even I have my limits. I've seen & heard enough to realise that M.S. is not the answer. We've tried HOF coaches. We've tried college coaches. We've tried ex-players turned coaches. We've tried 2 time winning SB coaches. All in vein.

The one thing that we haven't tried (& I think would work) is to hire one of our own ex-players. Russ Grimm. As we all know he's a HOFer. He has coaching experience. He should have been hired as the Steelers HC.

Now, I don't know him personally, but I want to think he still has Redskins in him + I'm pretty sure he still wants a shot at being a HC. The fans would accept him (at least I would). He'd come cheap. The players would respect him (I think) seeing as how he played, is a SB champion & is a HOFer. I just don't see what harm could come of it. It couldn't be any worse than what we have & it certainly couldn't be any worse than it has been since Grimm's retirement. Your thoughts?

HTTR!!!

No. You can't make silk from a hog's ear.

Russ Grimm is currently unemployed for a reason.

Let me repeat that: he is not currently employed.

So....we should make him a head coach of a fairly dysfunctional organization.

That makes sense.

Anyway, I could maybe see brining him for an interview as o-line coach. He was somewhat successful at that at times. And it will make the folks stuck in the 80s happy.

Archived