Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanahan: Shut down Ryan Kerrigan for rest of season

The Trashman

This is not news. This is a plea for Mike Shanahan to shut down Ryan Kerrigan for the rest of the season to heal up and protect him. It's obvious Kerrigan is playing hurt. Everyone can see it. Doc Walker already alluded to it. His sack total is down. He can't run over his offensive opponents anymore.

If Kerrigan is one of the, or most important person on defense, why risk further injury in meaningless games when he can rest up and come back stronger next year?

Give Rob Jackson a chance to play the next 3 games. He is the most impactful defender we have, per snap count. Let's see what he can do while Ryan heals up

If we want to do this for RG3, make sure you, Shanahan, take care of all the pieces and rest important people. Play the backups to see what they can do, especially since the backup, Rob Jackson, is an explosive player that the Skins have mysteriously forgotten to utilize in many games.

Your call Shanahan.

There is a theory flying around that Shanahan may be in DC next year after all this fiasco. Apparently Snyder and Shannie are not great enemies as the media paints them to be. They dislike each other but respect the space each has.

If this theory is true and IF Cousins plays the next 3 games like Nick Foles is currently playing, then (1) we will definitely have a qb controversy or (2) RG3 is trade bait in 2014.

This is not news. This is a plea for Mike Shanahan to shut down Ryan Kerrigan for the rest of the season to heal up and protect him. It's obvious Kerrigan is playing hurt. Everyone can see it. Doc Walker already alluded to it. His sack total is down. He can't run over his offensive opponents anymore.

If Kerrigan is one of the, or most important person on defense, why risk further injury in meaningless games when he can rest up and come back stronger next year?

Give Rob Jackson a chance to play the next 3 games. He is the most impactful defender we have, per snap count. Let's see what he can do while Ryan heals up

If we want to do this for RG3, make sure you, Shanahan, take care of all the pieces and rest important people. Play the backups to see what they can do, especially since the backup, Rob Jackson, is an explosive player that the Skins have mysteriously forgotten to utilize in many games.

Your call Shanahan.

What is Kerrigan's injury? First I've heard about him being injured.

There is a theory flying around that Shanahan may be in DC next year after all this fiasco. Apparently Snyder and Shannie are not great enemies as the media paints them to be. They dislike each other but respect the space each has.

If this theory is true and IF Cousins plays the next 3 games like Nick Foles is currently playing, then (1) we will definitely have a qb controversy or (2) RG3 is trade bait in 2014.

I take it you don't believe Cousins would be traded in that scenario? 'Cause that seems the obvious choice...

Shutting Kerrigan down should be looked in to though (actually, I would guess they have). Heard he has a knee, but don't know anything further (or if that's been confirmed). I'm guessing team docs would have looked at it and decided whether it can get worse by playing on it.

Definitely a good time to get Jenkins some PT though (or Tapp/Jackson if Jenkins can't go).

Racist point? lol. I think some of you are reading into this the wrong friggin way.

This whole post was sarcastically based and really just shows the farce behind Shanahan benching RG3. Really, shutting down RG3 to save him from further injury??? Why not tell the whole world why he is being benched?

By posting an example, in this case Kerrigan and his injury, shows how farcical the situation really is.

I hope I opened up the eyes of some of you did hard Shanahan fans.

Both of our OLB are 1 trick ponies. They aren't any good. Kerrigan just has a good motor but that is counteracted by someone who also has a good motor. Orakpo has that one bull rush move and that's about it.

I don't even know how to respond to people anymore. Is this a serious post? I hope not.

so, the thread is not actually fact-based, but a sarcastic personal jab, at a situation that in all honesty no one has 100% of everything that's happened, so you use this sarcasm as a bias tool in your opinion.

I've seen threads closed for less, and frankly, its really getting out of hand; there should be a disclaimer icon or some other form of notice that threads like this are actual sarcasm, because its really mis-leading

Archived