Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is the best potential head coach that is available?

MK25toLife

The question is, will Shanaham be fired tomorrow or will he be allowed to finish the last 3 games?

Suspect it will be after the season. The problem if you fire him now is you probably lose your OC too, and who do you promote to interim HC? Haslett? He's probably the only guy that makes sense but he sucks (not that it matters).

Frankly, it's all about the QB and our situation there is much better, add on top of that we have stuff to work with and there you go. Texans have injury problems with their offensive weapons Johnson, Foster, and now Tate, and their good TE Daniels as well. 

But my response was to someone saying Skins have a terrible roster/are unattractive option. Texans are a good spot for a HC, but actually so are Skins.

I agree alot of it is all about the qb, but I am not sure I would want robert over the #1 pick in this years draft. An argument can be made for both. Flip the script, imagine if RG3 gets injuried under the new HC or does not have a very good year next year? The forums might get even uglier. I do think the skins have some nice pieces I agree. I just am not sure I like it more then the texans. One could argue the Texans are this years Chiefs, they just need a qb.

I want a defensive-minded HC. The talent we have on offense far surpasses our defensive talent at this point and we're going to need a lot of work there to even play average D in 2014. On O, just get a good OL and it'll be a pretty easy job to coach RG3/Morris/Garcon/Reed to top 10 levels of production. Presently, we have to find creative ways to disguise our piss-poor protection and our efforts simply aren't good enough.

Here's why I wouldn't go for Briles: The reason that Robert is behind other QBs in drop-back passing and being a polished passer is the system that he ran in college. I'm not sure implementing that going backwards is really the right thing for him.

I'd prefer to go with somebody from the NFL who has recently implemented an NFL style offense with a young, mobile QB successfully.

The job of the next coaching staff is going to be to manage and groom Griffin. Period. He's the guy, he's the franchise QB. And he gets 3 more years to prove it. (Based on his 5 year rookie contract, I believe)

So, I'd like somebody who has experience implementing a traditional offense with a mobile QB.

I am wary of Briles too, but for vastly different reasons.

It seems like the guy genuinely wants to stay at Baylor and more importantly he's too close to Griffin.

But I think his offense is fine and he would do fine grooming Griffin as long as he hired an OC with NFL experience like Kelly did by hiring Pat Shurmur.

I think you believe a misconception about Baylor's offense. Baylor's offense is complex and shares many of the same concepts with Chip Kelly's offense except Baylor's offense is even more aggressive.

It doesn't guarantee success, but what hire does?

Right now, I see 3 former college coaches doing well. Jim Harbaugh, Pete Carroll, Chip Kelly. All turned football programs around in college and have made the transition to the pros fairly well.

I'll see your Harbaugh/Carroll/Kelly and raise you with Carroll(Jets,Bradiots)/Petrino/Butch Davis/Erickson(Seahags,49ers)/Mike Riley/Spurrier.

No. Guarantee.

At this point, I'll take someone who is experienced in the NFL game, even at the assistant level, rather than someone who is a pure gamble. Doesn't guarantee success at head coach, but the odds are MUCH better! This franchise and its owner cannot afford another 3-5 years of suck!

Actually, Tampa Bay has a fairly loyal fan base. As long as they win games. They haven't won much lately. You can't blame fans that don't show up when the team and the coaches barely do themselves! Especially at NFL prices.

Isnt only showing up for games when they are winning the very definition of fair weather fans? Speaking of fair weather, it was 83 DEGREES today and you can snag tickets for under $20. Nearly 4 million people in the area and they cant put 50k in the stands when theyve won 3 out of 4? Sad. 

The big issue I see with Briles is that I can't imagine the hiring won't underscore Snyder's perceived biases towards Robert. The franchise is putting up a lightning rod for controversy at that point. Then again, if we turn things around, nobody will care about that.

I like the idea of Kubiak as OC though.

I don't believe Briles is an actual candidate but piggybacking on the hypothetical the pairing of Briles + Kubiack would be a good pairing.

Innovative mind linked with a proven NFL offensive mind. Kinda mirroring but improving upon the Kelly/Shurmur pairing.

I'm sure Shanny would tell Kubiak all about how awful Snyder is. 

I'll see your Harbaugh/Carroll/Kelly and raise you with Carroll(Jets,Bradiots)/Petrino/Butch Davis/Erickson(Seahags,49ers)/Mike Riley/Spurrier.

No. Guarantee.

At this point, I'll take someone who is experienced in the NFL game, even at the assistant level, rather than someone who is a pure gamble. Doesn't guarantee success at head coach, but the odds are MUCH better! This franchise and its owner cannot afford another 3-5 years of suck!

For everyone who keeps saying Carroll/Harbaugh/Kelly, I give you Andy Reid, John Fox, Jim Schwartz, Chuck Pagano, and Ron Rivera. 

Isnt only showing up for games when they are winning the very definition of fair weather fans? Speaking of fair weather, it was 83 DEGREES today and you can snag tickets for under $20. Nearly 4 million people in the area and they cant put 50k in the stands when theyve won 3 out of 4? Sad. 

No. It's fans who will support a team if the team shows up and plays ball on Sundays! I don't have a problem with fans in this day and age of HDTV, backed up NFL parking lots that cost upwards of $50 to enter and exit, and $8 beers deciding to either (1) stay home and watch the game with cheaper beer, or (2) find something better to do altogether until the team gets their heads out.

Now, Dallass fans who believe that they have already won the Pooper Bowl EVERY year because they have been told by asshats like Bob Costas and all of the buffoons at BSPN have told them that they are "America's Team!"  I *DO* have a problem with fan jackassery like that!

Jim Fassel.  16-6 over four years in the United Football League from 2009-12.  Will be 65 next year. 

Get 'er done Danny!!

:lol:

Well he was almost the HC instead of Zorn...

Really, I have 0 faith this organization is going to make the right move. Name one that has worked so far...

Archived