Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is the best potential head coach that is available?

MK25toLife

Being sucessful in college is a lot easier than pro football.  Given the cupcake schedule at the beginning of the season, the home to away game ratio, and the recruiting advantage Alabama has, a toddler could coach them to at least a .500 record.

This is a dumb statement. He came within a miracle play of playing for a third straight NATIONAL TITLE. IN THE SEC. they get recruits too, you know? He is experiencing unprecedented dominance. And if college football is so much easier than the NFL, then how do you explain the 3 most successful coaches in the NFC: harbaugh, kelly and carroll 

Robert Griffin's relationship with Dan Snyder is a problem. Read the press clippings from RG3 and Shanahan this year closely.

Why don't you cut to the chase and present the evidence you think is out there, since you're the one making the assertion.

What Shanahan, Allen, and Snyder need to do is find who keeps leaking information to the press.  It seems that regardless of coach or players, someone is a constant leak into the inner workings of the Redskins.  This person has single-handedly undermined everything good and bad at Redskins park.  This person(s) need to be fired and possibly sued.

How about we just stop the shenanigans and become a functioning, professionally run franchise? And then the media has nothing to report. The leaks are symptomatic of a dysfunctional institution, not an individual. 

What Shanahan, Allen, and Snyder need to do is find who keeps leaking information to the press.  It seems that regardless of coach or players, someone is a constant leak into the inner workings of the Redskins.  This person has single-handedly undermined everything good and bad at Redskins park.  This person(s) need to be fired and possibly sued.

Shanahan need not look beyond his nose.

This is a dumb statement. He came within a miracle play of playing for a third straight NATIONAL TITLE. IN THE SEC. they get recruits too, you know? He is experiencing unprecedented dominance. And if college football is so much easier than the NFL, then how do you explain the 3 most successful coaches in the NFC: harbaugh, kelly and carroll 

Harbaugh, Carroll and Kelly come from the Pac 12....where there isn't a cup cake schedule and the home/away ratio is the same.  They play as close to an NFL schedule as possible in college.  Let's look at the last SEC coaches that came to the NFL

Saban: Failed in Miami

Petrino:  Stabbed Atlanta in the back

Spurrier:  Do I even need to explain?

These people saying we're not gonna be able to get a top coach are either speaking in anger/frustration, or don't know what they're talking about. There are 32 coaching jobs in the NFL- 5 or so which will be available this year. Of those 5, 2-3 will be for historically bad franchises in 2nd tier markets, without most of the major weapons and cash this one has.

Anyone the Skins offer, will accept. The only time we have been rebuffed was by Steve spagnuolo, because he had other opportunities, and believe it or not, we were in worse shape then than we are now. We have cash to spend and a qb in place, in a top market. We can get whoever we want.

Graziano article for starters..

I'll ask again--where's the proof? There's nothing in that article that proves anything. In fact, a lot of it just doesn't make sense.

The only thing noteworthy about Graziano's article was that it represented shots being fired from Shanahan's camp on his way out, making it an ugly separation.

Harbaugh, Carroll and Kelly come from the Pac 12....where there isn't a cup cake schedule and the home/away ratio is the same.  They play as close to an NFL schedule as possible in college.

/argument. If you are going to argue that the PAC 12 is closer to the NFL than the SEC, I can't have a debate with you, for you don't know college football

BTW, Petrino was louisville.

These people saying we're not gonna be able to get a top coach are either speaking in anger/frustration, or don't know what they're talking about. There are 32 coaching jobs in the NFL- 5 or so which will be available this year. Of those 5, 2-3 will be for historically bad franchises in 2nd tier markets, without most of the major weapons and cash this one has.

Anyone the Skins offer, will accept. The only time we have been rebuffed was by Steve spagnuolo, because he had other opportunities, and believe it or not, we were in worse shape then than we are now. We have cash to spend and a qb in place, in a top market. We can get whoever we want.

This is filled with a lot of truth, whether people like it or not.

I hope the story of the issue between Snyder and Shanahan is simply rumor-mongering.  Quite frankly, top quality coaches aren't going to want to work in an organization that is going to set them up to fail.  Snyder sabotaged Norv Turner with the QB; he fired Schottenheimer after one year; he hamstrung Spurrier and Zorn with Vinny Cerrato and forced a OC change on Zorn.  The only coach he left alone was Gibbs but player decisions by Cerrato screwed him up as well.  The Shanahan regime was supposed to right the ship and finally put in place an organization that at least had the possibility of succeeding.  While Shanahan had his weaknesses the days of star players having a separate protected relationship with the owner were over.  If that's NOT true then it doesn't matter who is the coach.  The organization will always suck.

Benskins26 "we can get whomever we want".

The top candidates will go for the best opportunity not just any opportunity.  Was Zorn really the best candidate at the time?  Don't forget, Schottenheimer warned just about everyone in the coaching community to beware of Snyder.  The takers may be the ones who want a shot at a higher level coaching position but don't have the credentials yet to be taken by better teams.   

Nick Saban and Art Briles, are you SERIOUS?  Yeah, let's bring in a guy who already screwed over one NFL team before.  Or a guy who lucked into coaching a Big 12 team at very weak point.  Makes total sense.

And Jon Gruden?  Wow.  This is not Madden.

Briles may have lucked into a job. But he has proven to be an excellent coach and recruiter. Baylor was nothing before he came there.

/argument. If you are going to argue that the PAC 12 is closer to the NFL than the SEC, I can't have a debate with you, for you don't know college football

BTW, Petrino was louisville.

Strength of schedule rankings:

Alabama: 42

Auburn: 20

Missouri: 31

LSU: 27

South Carolina: 30

Texas A&M: 29

Stanford: 4

Oregon: 28

Arizona State: 2

Washington: 13

UCLA: 6

USC: 14

Arizona: 18

Explain to me again how the SEC schedule is better than the Pac 12?

EDIT:  Baylor's ranking is 60 for anybody who is curious......

Not anyone nice qoute from Dungy  'Tony Dungy on Dan Snyder: 'I would not want to work for him''

Strength of schedule rankings:

Alabama: 42

Auburn: 20

Missouri: 31

LSU: 27

South Carolina: 30

Texas A&M: 29

Stanford: 4

Oregon: 28

Arizona State: 2

Washington: 13

UCLA: 6

USC: 14

Arizona: 18

Explain to me again how the SEC schedule is better than the Pac 12?

where did I say anything about "strength of schedule?" I said the SEC is better than the PAC 12. That's it.  I'm done arguing with you and digressing from the point of the thread. But just Do me a favor, approach any knowledgeable college football fan, maybe even the NCAA college football thread in the tailgate, and bring that argument the "PAC 12 is a better conference than the SEC and closer to the NFL" to the table and see if you don't get laughed at.

Not anyone nice qoute from Dungy  'Tony Dungy on Dan Snyder: 'I would not want to work for him''

Marty Schottenheimer had a similar quote but even more personally against Snyder and then in months was the coach of the Washington Redskins.

Who gives a **** about Dungy since we aren't interested in him>

Archived