Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is the best potential head coach that is available?

MK25toLife

Briles supporters:

We have an obvious and documented problem with favoritism with RG3 and you want the FO to go out and get a coach that is directly associated with said QB? 

We do?  I wasn't aware that Shanahan's public relations maneuver meant there was an actual problem.

Please no no no to Art Briles..   Nick Saban.. Hahaha.. seriously.. He's a great over bearing control freak coach that thrives in college, who pro players would smack in the mouth... I say keep our coaches and improve your roster.  If that's not possible hire a SF / SEA assistant who can work with this offense and improve our D..

What about someone from the Seattle coaching staff? Their defense is incredible and obviously they are doing a good job with Wilson and if not the SF coaching staff.  I think they skins should have gotten that scruffy looking Ryan defensive coordinator when he was available.

I wasn't in favor of canning Shannahan but his record here is dismal.  At the very least see what he can do with all the cap space and draft picks for his final year and get a d cord.

Every Head Coach's record has been abysmal here.

You cant trust him at all.. look what he did to the dolphins..

He knows he quit. To me, it Just means he won't do it again, as a second incident would surely ruin his repuation and cement his legacy as a quitter. He'd also be looking to prove he can do it on this level, much like Pete carroll now.

I'm just spitballing right now, but if you are looking for a head coach, how could you ignore perhaps the most successful one in the biz...

We are actually going to need someone that wants to take the job. That's going to be difficult in itself 

Eh, I don't think this will be a problem to be honest.

a) it's a head coaching job, and those are sparse.

b.) RGIII is still a franchise QB, possibly a transcendent one (if 2012 is anything to be believed).

c) we have cap space, some good picks, and some very good players at key positions in Trent Williams, Alfred Morris, Pierre Garcon, Jordan Reed, Brian Orakpo (maybe), Ryan Kerrigan, Barry Cofield.

d) a coach that wins here will be exalted like Joe Gibbs was.

e) $$$

We are actually going to need someone that wants to take the job. That's going to be difficult in itself

It's actually not, despite the Snyder stuff.

We have TONS of cap room, an early second round pick and all of our draft picks going forward other than our first.

In addition, we've got a QB coaches are going to want to work with.

He knows he quit. To me, it Just means he won't do it again, as a second incident would surely ruin his repuation and cement his legacy as a quitter. He'd also be looking to prove he can do it on this level, much like Pete carroll now.

I'm just spitballing right now, but if you are looking for a head coach, how could you ignore perhaps the most successful one in the biz...

Being sucessful in college is a lot easier than pro football.  Given the cupcake schedule at the beginning of the season, the home to away game ratio, and the recruiting advantage Alabama has, a toddler could coach them to at least a .500 record.

What Shanahan, Allen, and Snyder need to do is find who keeps leaking information to the press.  It seems that regardless of coach or players, someone is a constant leak into the inner workings of the Redskins.  This person has single-handedly undermined everything good and bad at Redskins park.  This person(s) need to be fired and possibly sued.

Archived