Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nfl.com: Fred Davis, I've Nodded Off In Meetings

MustangSteve

Fred Davis wasn't moved before Tuesday's trade deadline, despite the Washington Redskinsbest efforts. He doesn't sound like a guy who's too thrilled about it.

The veteran tight end -- supplanted on the depth chart byJordan Reed -- didn't hold back when asked if he had hoped to change teams this week.

"Definitely," he told USA Today. "If I was on another team, you'd see what I can do."

Davis has been inactive each of the last two weeks for theRedskinsHe suggested the team's decision-making is connected to a clause in his contract tied to the amount of games he's on the active roster.

Whatever the intentions may be, Davis doesn't appear too intent on getting back in the good graces of coach Mike Shanahan. The tight end openly discussed sleeping in team meetings on Wednesday.

Click Link for Rest: http://es.redskins.com/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=new_post&f=10

Still a moron, I see. Won't miss him when he's gone, though I do wish we could have gotten something for him via trade.

And I think it would have been more likely (being able to trade him) if we had tried to feature him for a few weeks rather than deactivating him because he's in the doghouse. We don't have the talent to spare.

So bust 3 of 3 is on his way out.  What a 2nd round we had huh?  Imagine we used those picks wisely....Jordy Nelson, Jamaal Charles, Matt Forte, Ray Rice, Desean Jackson, Brandon Flowers, Calais Campbell....holy cow that was a STACKED 2nd round....how the hell did we not get 1 of them lol

Jamaal Charles was a 3rd (but your point still stands), although we didn't remotely need a RB at the time. Nelson/Jackson would have been a nice combo, but who knows how they would have turned out here. We STILL haven't developed any decent homegrown WR's in recent memory.

Jamaal Charles was a 3rd (but your point still stands), although we didn't remotely need a RB at the time. Nelson/Jackson would have been a nice combo, but who knows how they would have turned out here. We STILL haven't developed any decent homegrown WR's in recent memory.

idk, i'd say hankerson is coming along pretty well. other than that, nobody else comes to mind.

That article in the OP is misleading about Frederick Davis.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9904340/fred-davis-washington-redskins-says-money-factor-not-being-active

"I did come here for less money, so it shows loyalty to the Redskins," Davis said. "I want to play and help the team. I know I can. I know I'm able. I know I have the ability to, definitely can be a playmaker for somebody."

idk, i'd say hankerson is coming along pretty well. other than that, nobody else comes to mind.

Hankerson is mediocre. If we would have thrown him on the field immediately as a rookie he'd probably have done about what he's doing now, other than maybe having a lesser knowledge of the playbook. Hankerson is not a good starting WR. In an ideal world, he's our #4 WR with a more dynamic guy outside across from Garçon and a reliable playmaker in the slot.

Exactly! Sometimes I really think it's the organization and not the players...

“I’ve never slept through a whole meeting but I’ve nodded off,” Davis said. “Everyone nods off. It’s dark in there. You’re watching film. You nod off. You wake up, get something to drink, go back. I’ve done that. I think everybody’s done that.”

I highly doubt "everybody's" fallen asleep during a film session.  He is just the only one dumb enough to admit it to the media. This, coming from the guy that embarrassed represented himself in court in a display of pure comedic gold, so it's not to be unexpected. 

+1 on the possible sleep disorder. No joking. It would explain oversleeping day one on his new job. Dare I think most sleep disorders are not diagnosed.

IF him sleeping during meetings is the cause for his being inactive, the mystery is solved. It's easy to see Mike not tolerating this stuff.  I bet he has been falling asleep in meetings his entire career.

So bust 3 of 3 is on his way out.  What a 2nd round we had huh?  Imagine we used those picks wisely....Jordy Nelson, Jamaal Charles, Matt Forte, Ray Rice, Desean Jackson, Brandon Flowers, Calais Campbell....holy cow that was a STACKED 2nd round....how the hell did we not get 1 of them lol

Man, that's such a depressing thought.  The Snyder/Cerrato GM period for the Skins was a dark, dark time,....

Considering it is Halloween, that is a truly horrifying list. I thought Davis was set to resurrect his career this year, shows what I know. I did think Reed was a steal, just didn't realize he would get up to speed so quickly. 

if he keeps falling asleep in meetings they ought to check him out for a sleep disorder

Well,  that wacky tabacci does make you sleepy [ thats what I heard ].

You can read into it a number of ways, but I read it as he is more worried about getting official starts to get his bonus more than focusing on playing like the TE he COULD have been. He could have been up there with Graham from N.O. but chose to be a slacker instead.

Cooley is one of his biggest cheerleaders, but he even suggested a few days ago on the show that this was likely part of the problem with Fred.

If you're practicing poorly, if you're falling asleep and not paying attention in meetings, if you're missing assignments in the game....how can you justify activating and playing that guy? What does that say to the rest of the ream.

We as fans RANTED for years about Snyder, Cerratto, and coaches over that tenure giving preferential treatment to players, about a culture that led to people getting complacent and ruining team chemistry, etc. We cheered about the "change of culture" on this team since Shanahan came around. Yet we sit here and grill Shanahan for not putting his "best players" on the field, even though doing so in this case would seem to send a horrible message to the rest of the team...."screw off all you'd like; if you can make plays you'll still get to play".

What's most frustrating about this is that Jordy Nelson and Calais Campbell, specifically, were two HUGE favorites on this board as potential people for us to pick up in that draft. I mean I remember hearing both those names constantly.

A lot of time people talk about "what if's" in draft and latch onto guys in positions that weren't really reasonable 2nd round needs then or where kind of surprise players that you didn't even think of back during the draft. But in this case those were two guys many of the fans were "banging the table" for in that draft.

Fred, Fred, Fred c'mon man. You don't say you fell asleep during a meeting. Although I'm sure he isn't the first person.

Here is a story from Jimmy Johnson:

I treat everybody different but fair. If a back-up special teammer falls asleep during a meeting I cut him.

If Troy Aikman falls asleep during a meeting I'll bring him a pillow.

John Thompson relayed by Doc Walker:

Do you hate your guy more then the other team?

Archived