Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

49 minutes ago, purbeast said:

You also need to have 2 switches to do that.   

I am pretty sure the novelty of it will wear off very quickly to me, but my 5 year old is obsessed with Mario right now.  He isn't quite as into Mario Kart as he once was but he used to draw the tracks outside with chalk.  He also likes building his Thomas tracks.  So I think this will be something he enjoys even just creating tracks himself and driving on them.

I do plan on getting him his own Switch at some point probably for Xmas though, so who knows if by then we will even be playing with it anymore lol.

Oh yea he’s gonna love it. I used to love the hot wheels tracks and I used to make these little tracks for my marble collection to race through the house. I can image the 5 y/o me going crazy over this. 

I kinda want one just so I can make Thanos (my dawg) an obstacle in the race lol

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Oh yea he’s gonna love it. I used to love the hot wheels tracks and I used to make these little tracks for my marble collection to race through the house. I can image the 5 y/o me going crazy over this. 

I kinda want one just so I can make Thanos (my dawg) an obstacle in the race lol

Every review I have watched of this, they all have a pet running around getting in the way lol.  Either a cat or dog is always checking it out.  I saw like 3 or 4 different ones too.

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

SHOCKED that Nintendo has another cash grab. At least it's not shovelware this time. 

Eh, $100 for a game + the remote control car that you use to play the game, as well as the physical gates you need to create the courses, is far from a "cash grab".  I think $100 is a pretty fair price.  What do you think is a non "cash grab" price as you call it?

Remote control cars alone are like $40 or $50.  This is one with a camera on it and then the game to play along with it.  

Now how long it will be fun for is another question.  But I can tell you my son who is 5 plays the same levels over and over in Mario Kart, New Super Mario Brothers, and Mario Odyssey all the time so I'm sure he will get hours of fun out of it.

I'm starting to get more interested in Cyberpunk. I'll wait to buy it on the PS5 though. I have a huge backlog at the moment. I've spent a little less than $100 the last two weeks buying some games I've missed the past couple of years while not playing.

I got

Subnautica

Last Day of June

Uncharted - Lost Legacy

Borderlands 3

Resident Evil 2

Death Stranding

Control

Okay this Mario Kart Live thing is pretty damn cool. I don't know how long the novelty will last but first impressions are very good.
I am not getting any crappy video like that one review. It looks just like those trailers for me. I did get into a hiccupy part when I made a track that went behind walls and was literally a lap through my kitchen, dining room, and living room, but once I moved seats it worked fine.

I also can't believe how they have drifting working and feeling like drifting in Mario Kart. Obviously the RC car doesn't drift but the way they make it turn and on screen shows you drifting truly feels like drifting.

It's also crazy how much faster it looks like you are going on screen than if you look at the RC car.

I swept up my floor before we started playing and there is so much dust and stuff already built up on the tires of the car after like 90 minutes of playing. I am concerned that it will get into the wheel part and start to effect the speed but hopefully if we clean it after each use it doesn't.

The way items and stuff work is neat too. The enemies are kind of an after thought though at least what I've played so far. I feel like I'm just racing with myself most of the time. There is a lot of commotion on the courses sometimes though too so it has that MK feel.

Again not sure how long this will last for myself as being cool, but it is neat as hell so far.

Oh and I didn't realize MK Live the game was a free download. I thought it came with the whole thing. That is both good and bad to me. It's bad in that you are literally paying $100 for an RC car and cardboard. It's good that it means you can just get another car and as long as you have another Switch you can play multiplayer because the game is free to download.

EDIT:

We just did a course where Kamek does magic and it mirrors the course mid-race and it's wild.  When that happens the course flip flops mirrored.  And the way it works is the RC car goes left when you push right and right when you push left.  Very wild seeing your house mirrored and it controlling as though you are playing it mirrored.

Not either of these systems, but I just bought my 3rd Xbox 360.  This is it for me with this rickety ass system.  Want to finish out the Halo series and I have a bunch of games for the 360.  Saving money while waiting for the next gen.

Ranking the Halo games without considering their multiplayer modes (I'm about to get in to ODST)

1) Reach.  Every level except 2 are outstanding.  Space level is poor and the last level is mediocre.  Otherwise, holy ****.  Survival mode is wicked.

2) Halo 3.  Chief's peak badassery.  The Covenant fears him, and keeps screaming **** like "oh no, THE DEMON!!!" when you appear in front of them.  Best Flood experience, too, who I never cared for.

3) Halo 1.  Nostalgia screams to me that this should be #1.  The first 5 levels are absolutely legendary, but The Flood just doesn't hold up to the tactical firefights The Covenant provide.  Would be #1 if they didn't flood-The Flood for the majority of the second half of the game.

4) Halo 2.  I don't understand the absolute love for this game by many people.  A lot of complaints, but I find the campaign mediocre almost the whole way through.

5) Halo 4.  Not as bad as I "heard" it would be, but yeah.  When the new developer gives a roundabout apology after the end credits, you know they ****ed up.

2 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Not either of these systems, but I just bought my 3rd Xbox 360.  This is it for me with this rickety ass system.  Want to finish out the Halo series and I have a bunch of games for the 360.  Saving money while waiting for the next gen.

Ranking the Halo games without considering their multiplayer modes (I'm about to get in to ODST)

1) Reach.  Every level except 2 are outstanding.  Space level is poor and the last level is mediocre.  Otherwise, holy ****.  Survival mode is wicked.

2) Halo 3.  Chief's peak badassery.  The Covenant fears him, and keeps screaming **** like "oh no, THE DEMON!!!" when you appear in front of them.  Best Flood experience, too, who I never cared for.

3) Halo 1.  Nostalgia screams to me that this should be #1.  The first 5 levels are absolutely legendary, but The Flood just doesn't hold up to the tactical firefights The Covenant provide.  Would be #1 if they didn't flood-The Flood for the majority of the second half of the game.

4) Halo 2.  I don't understand the absolute love for this game by many people.  A lot of complaints, but I find the campaign mediocre almost the whole way through.

5) Halo 4.  Not as bad as I "heard" it would be, but yeah.  When the new developer gives a roundabout apology after the end credits, you know they ****ed up.

halo 5 is easily the worst so just wait til you get there. the story is a disappointment coming off 4 and I don’t think there are really any truly great levels.  

From a campaign perspective for me its: 

1) Halo 2: expanded the lore in exciting ways seeing the covenant in full detail. The arbiter is an incredible character that has the best arc in this game of any character in the series. Good villains in truth and Tartarus. Peak sgt Johnson.  Some epic levels and moments like defending New Mombasa, the scarab fight, giving the covenant back their bomb, exploring delta halo to take out Mercy, the first time you play as arbiter alongside other elites and covenant, high charity, seeing the covenant civil war break out, the grave mind, stopping halo from being activated, and an awesoke cliffhanger. Easily the best written halo.

Should be noted that it’s Multiplayer essentially created Xbox live and console multiplayer as we know it

2) Halo Reach: every level is fantastic with the exception of the first one which is still good. The covenant are a threat again. Fighting elites again. You know the story so you know what happens but it’s still suspenseful. They did a great job showing you fighting a losing war and slowly taking losses and facing the realization that it’s over. Armor abilities work really well in the campaign and add a nice mix on the gameplay. 

The Long Night it Solace might be the best and coolest Halo level. You start out storming a beach to claim a secret military base with an advanced combat fighter in it. You then pilot it out of the base and into space for the first ever space battle in a halo game, then land the fighter on a covenant corvette supercarrier to fight your way to the bridge to place a bomb and destroy the ship. Unbelievable. Walks up to the beginning of halo 1 beautifully

3) Halo: the one that started it all. Incredible gameplay, incredible iconic levels and level design. Limited story but enough setup to expand upon in future games. Not really any flaws behind some of the early levels are recycled later in the game but who cares it’s too much fun and the story justifies it

4) Halo 4: I love the story of this game. A dark, personal story of love and loss that humanizes Chief for the first time. An outstanding villain in the didact who has some of the best lines/monologue: of the entire series. The levels are all fun and the Requiem shield world is great setting for a game. The introduction of the prometheans mixed gameplay up enough to keep it fresh. I know a lot of people didn’t like them but I thought they are fun and challenging. I think the biggest flaw in this game is that to fully understand the didact and his backstory you need to find the terminal in each level they lays it out in more detail

5) Halo 3 ODST: for a side game this one is just awesome. Dropping into New Mombassa as an ODST right as the city was destroyed in Halo 2 was an exhilarating open. I love the mystery of walking thru an open world city to locate the rest of your squad that you are separated from. Then when you find a clue for easy squad member you then play the level as them to see what happened to them. It’s a really well designed structure for the game and works perfectly. The levels are all fun, the vehicle sections are great and playing as a retailer person instead of a superhuman spartan really ups the tension.

6) Halo 3: I was supremely disappointed with this campaign. Probably my biggest video game disappointment ever. I just think the story and campaign suck. Arbiter is useless. He’s a side character that you don’t even know is there. Truth is a subpar villain that is a completely different character than he was in Halo 2 for no reason. It doesn’t pick up after Halo 2 Cliffhanger but later with no explanation of what happened in between. It takes 60% of the entire game to get to Voi and Truth’s ship which is what Chief was on at the end of Halo 2. The entire thing feels like filler. It has the 3 worst Halo levels in the entire series. Sierra 117, Crows Nest and Cortana. The only redeeming quality of the game is because the Ark and the Covenant are great levels, The Covenant being a top 5 Halo level. The game ends with Halo which is cool for nostalgia reasons but it just an homage to Halo 1. A nice conclusion to the trilogy but disappointing with what good have been had they made a real game with a real story instead of taking the 2 ideas they had leftover from Halo 2 and throwing 5 levels of filler around it. 

7: Halo 5. The gameplay is smooth as silk and excellent. You never feel more like a

super soldier badass than you do in this one with the abilities you have. It has some really cool locations like the elite homework’s Shanghelios. It’s just not that fun from a level design perspective. The story truly sucks and is completely opposite every piece of marketing for the game for 2 years leading up to it. I have no idea what they were thinking. It could have been good with Chief going awol and a new spartan team tracking him down but the way it’s handled is really poor. Also some other story elements I won’t spoil seem a bit ridiculous and they wrote themselves into a corner at the end of this. I will never forgive the **** writer for what he did in this game. It just stunk. Going thru levels as Chief and then as Locke wasn’t a good idea. Switching between antagonists is fine as it worked brilliantly in Halo 2 but it has to be fun, you have to have good things for each to do like in Halo 2 and that wasn’t the case here. There are some really cool moments  but everything about it feels like a missed opportunity. It ends on a cool cliffhanger that gives them a chance to reset things for Halo 6/infinite but I am curious to see how they recover from this misstep. 

Here's a video of MK Live in action.  Notice how slow the RC car goes but on screen it just looks noticeably faster and has a sense of speed. Probably just because it's so low to the ground.  This is 50cc and it goes up to 200cc but I don't have that or 150cc unlocked yet.

16 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Here's a video of MK Live in action.  Notice how slow the RC car goes but on screen it just looks noticeably faster and has a sense of speed. Probably just because it's so low to the ground.  This is 50cc and it goes up to 200cc but I don't have that or 150cc unlocked yet.

As long as your kid loves it, great purchase.  But being honest, looks like a dud of a game.

Just now, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

As long as your kid loves it, great purchase.  But being honest, looks like a dud of a game.

Yeah no clue how long the novelty will last to me.  I'm sure it will last much longer with him.  He was already playing with his Mario toys with the kart.  Like he had his figures "cheering" on the side while he drove around the track and after he finished, they came over to cheer for Mario winning.

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

halo 5 is easily the worst so just wait til you get there. the story is a disappointment coming off 4 and I don’t think there are really any truly great levels.  

From a campaign perspective for me its: 

1) Halo 2: expanded the lore in exciting ways seeing the covenant in full detail. The arbiter is an incredible character that has the best arc in this game of any character in the series. Good villains in truth and Tartarus. Peak sgt Johnson.  Some epic levels and moments like defending New Mombasa, the scarab fight, giving the covenant back their bomb, exploring delta halo to take out Mercy, the first time you play as arbiter alongside other elites and covenant, high charity, seeing the covenant civil war break out, the grave mind, stopping halo from being activated, and an awesoke cliffhanger. Easily the best written halo.

Should be noted that it’s Multiplayer essentially created Xbox live and console multiplayer as we know it

2) Halo Reach: every level is fantastic with the exception of the first one which is still good. The covenant are a threat again. Fighting elites again. You know the story so you know what happens but it’s still suspenseful. They did a great job showing you fighting a losing war and slowly taking losses and facing the realization that it’s over. Armor abilities work really well in the campaign and add a nice mix on the gameplay. 

The Long Night it Solace might be the best and coolest Halo level. You start out storming a beach to claim a secret military base with an advanced combat fighter in it. You then pilot it out of the base and into space for the first ever space battle in a halo game, then land the fighter on a covenant corvette supercarrier to fight your way to the bridge to place a bomb and destroy the ship. Unbelievable. Walks up to the beginning of halo 1 beautifully

3) Halo: the one that started it all. Incredible gameplay, incredible iconic levels and level design. Limited story but enough setup to expand upon in future games. Not really any flaws behind some of the early levels are recycled later in the game but who cares it’s too much fun and the story justifies it

4) Halo 4: I love the story of this game. A dark, personal story of love and loss that humanizes Chief for the first time. An outstanding villain in the didact who has some of the best lines/monologue: of the entire series. The levels are all fun and the Requiem shield world is great setting for a game. The introduction of the prometheans mixed gameplay up enough to keep it fresh. I know a lot of people didn’t like them but I thought they are fun and challenging. I think the biggest flaw in this game is that to fully understand the didact and his backstory you need to find the terminal in each level they lays it out in more detail

5) Halo 3 ODST: for a side game this one is just awesome. Dropping into New Mombassa as an ODST right as the city was destroyed in Halo 2 was an exhilarating open. I love the mystery of walking thru an open world city to locate the rest of your squad that you are separated from. Then when you find a clue for easy squad member you then play the level as them to see what happened to them. It’s a really well designed structure for the game and works perfectly. The levels are all fun, the vehicle sections are great and playing as a retailer person instead of a superhuman spartan really ups the tension.

6) Halo 3: I was supremely disappointed with this campaign. Probably my biggest video game disappointment ever. I just think the story and campaign suck. Arbiter is useless. He’s a side character that you don’t even know is there. Truth is a subpar villain that is a completely different character than he was in Halo 2 for no reason. It doesn’t pick up after Halo 2 Cliffhanger but later with no explanation of what happened in between. It takes 60% of the entire game to get to Voi and Truth’s ship which is what Chief was on at the end of Halo 2. The entire thing feels like filler. It has the 3 worst Halo levels in the entire series. Sierra 117, Crows Nest and Cortana. The only redeeming quality of the game is because the Ark and the Covenant are great levels, The Covenant being a top 5 Halo level. The game ends with Halo which is cool for nostalgia reasons but it just an homage to Halo 1. A nice conclusion to the trilogy but disappointing with what good have been had they made a real game with a real story instead of taking the 2 ideas they had leftover from Halo 2 and throwing 5 levels of filler around it. 

7: Halo 5. The gameplay is smooth as silk and excellent. You never feel more like a

super soldier badass than you do in this one with the abilities you have. It has some really cool locations like the elite homework’s Shanghelios. It’s just not that fun from a level design perspective. The story truly sucks and is completely opposite every piece of marketing for the game for 2 years leading up to it. I have no idea what they were thinking. It could have been good with Chief going awol and a new spartan team tracking him down but the way it’s handled is really poor. Also some other story elements I won’t spoil seem a bit ridiculous and they wrote themselves into a corner at the end of this. I will never forgive the **** writer for what he did in this game. It just stunk. Going thru levels as Chief and then as Locke wasn’t a good idea. Switching between antagonists is fine as it worked brilliantly in Halo 2 but it has to be fun, you have to have good things for each to do like in Halo 2 and that wasn’t the case here. There are some really cool moments  but everything about it feels like a missed opportunity. It ends on a cool cliffhanger that gives them a chance to reset things for Halo 6/infinite but I am curious to see how they recover from this misstep. 

You did not just put Halo 4 above Halo 3, and referenced GRAVEMIND as a good thing about Halo Poo, I mean 2.

The level "The Ark" from Halo 3 is better than the entire Halo 4 campaign.

I could write a frickin book about everything you just said, good lord!  

*Contemplates breaking sobriety*

19 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I hollered at Days Gone via PSN. Not really feeling it (controls seem lethargic). Might check out RE: Revelations 2

it didn’t click with me either and I was hyping it around here for a couple years when it came out. It’s just not as polished as it needs to be. But I’ll go back to it because it’s still pretty fun with the horse mechanic and having to fill your bike up with gas adds some strategy to things and I like how you can so easily get overwhelmed 

35 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

You did not just put Halo 4 above Halo 3, and referenced GRAVEMIND as a good thing about Halo Poo, I mean 2.

The level "The Ark" from Halo 3 is better than the entire Halo 4 campaign.

I could write a frickin book about everything you just said, good lord!  

*Contemplates breaking sobriety*

the gravemind was an awesome addition to Halo 2. That cutscene is legendary.

“This one is machine and nerve and has his mind concluded. This one is but flesh and faith, and is the more deluded” 

The level of the same name wasn’t the best but for flood levels it wasn’t terrible seeing them fight the covenant on high charity. So many great story moments in halo 2 and moments in the campaign that were important to the war and the universe. 

Halo 3 sucked. it had 2 good levels and the story was such a letdown compared to how deep and lore expanding Halo 2 was. Completely botched and it was easy to see they had no ide what to do with it since the story was supposed to end in halo 2 they just couldn’t fit it all in one game so they padded the couple of ideas from halo 2 like the ark and ending the covenant and flood together with a bunch of useless levels in the beginning that did nothing for the story or characters. 

Halo 4 had several really fun levels and the story at least made me care about everything that was happening even if during the levels that weren’t that great. It brought mystery, suspense back while adding tons of heart that Halo 3 did not have despite being the end of a trilogy. 

if we are including multiplayer halo 3 would be higher but just from campaign, Halo 4 outclasses it easily aside from The Ark and The Covenant 

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

did you finish Spider-Man? 

Yep. Repetitive in some areas but at the "Spectacular " difficulty,  things stayed pretty fresh I guess.

It was fun. 9.5/10 story. Gutwrenching at the end. I haven't played the DLC yet tho, and didn't want to fully comment until I did.

Not anywhere near my preferred group of supervillains, but good nonetheless. 

I'm a Goblin/Symbiote man.

55 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm a Goblin/Symbiote man.

did you see the post credits scene?

none of the other villains really got any shine since the focus was Mr Negative and Octavius. I thought Otto was handled really well. Excited for what they will do with the next one. I imagine the Miles Morales game will setup the actual sequel to this 

Archived