Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

the gravemind was an awesome addition to Halo 2. That cutscene is legendary.

“This one is machine and nerve and has his mind concluded. This one is but flesh and faith, and is the more deluded” 

The level of the same name wasn’t the best but for flood levels it wasn’t terrible seeing them fight the covenant on high charity. So many great story moments in halo 2 and moments in the campaign that were important to the war and the universe. 

Halo 3 sucked. it had 2 good levels and the story was such a letdown compared to how deep and lore expanding Halo 2 was. Completely botched and it was easy to see they had no ide what to do with it since the story was supposed to end in halo 2 they just couldn’t fit it all in one game so they padded the couple of ideas from halo 2 like the ark and ending the covenant and flood together with a bunch of useless levels in the beginning that did nothing for the story or characters. 

Halo 4 had several really fun levels and the story at least made me care about everything that was happening even if during the levels that weren’t that great. It brought mystery, suspense back while adding tons of heart that Halo 3 did not have despite being the end of a trilogy. 

if we are including multiplayer halo 3 would be higher but just from campaign, Halo 4 outclasses it easily aside from The Ark and The Covenant 

Man, the firefights in Halo 3 are like UFC fights compared to Streetbeefs on Youtube that is Halo 2 and 4.  I don't know wtf you have against Sierra 117 and Crows Nest.  Such a SAVE by Bungie bringing back that OG feel.  You actually FELT the kills again, whereas in Halo 2 it was like the mfs were suddenly dead and every kill felt like, "well, ok then."

I can't believe you like Gravemind.  At least we know what Chief looks like.  Rick Moranis from Little Shop of Horrors.  Great to see our protagonists being toyed with by a plant.

Chief crashing like a meteorite, Johnson thinking he was dead.  "Call for evac, heavy lift gear, we ain't leavin him here".  Chief grabs Johnson's wrist.  "No, you're not."  Makes me tear up still.

Blasts through an entire company, defends the base for evac, sabotages it with a Nuke.  Super cool.  So what if Arbiter shoots like a Storm Trooper, welcome to friendly AI in the Halo series.  At least I'm not getting run over by my own Marines like I'm a prostitute in GTA like they do in Halo 2.

And what's with the ****ing shield balance in Halo 2?  Chief has "new armor" that is worse than it was in Halo 1, and the Elites have that ****ing red plasma shield that blocked Obi Wan from helping Qui Gon when he fought Darth Maul.  You ever play it on Legendary?  The ****ing first bay is harder than absolute ****.  The silver Elites?  Gold Elites?  They can barrel roll like 50 yards, and cover each other to heal quick as HELL.

The shield animation is so poor, the firefights and situations are mundane most of the time.  The only damn firefight up to standards is when you're trapped in the courtyard at the beginning of level 2.  But then the level gets ruined by having to drive a boring ass Ghost the last quarter.  Who the **** wants to use a Ghost????

****ing tank part in the next level is the most linear **** ever.  Wtf.  If you think 117 is linear, that bull**** is like fighting in a sewer drain.

Man I'm gonna stop, and play the 5th level at the factory, where you knock out the AA battery at the end.  Boss ****.  Only bad level in that game is Cortana...and it's BAD.  Maybe the worst ever.  But the level where the Flood shows up is the best Flood level ever.

On 10/9/2020 at 9:30 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Man I have not been able to stop playing this new game I saw on gamepass A Plague Tale: Innocence. 

set during 14th century France, it revolves around a young French girl named Amicia and her little brother Hugo trying to survive both the plague that has seized the countryside and the French Inquisition who wants Hugo for unknown reasons. It’s a 3rd person stealth, horror, action game. It’s tense, it’s super dramatic, it’s beautiful, it’s one heartfelt stomach punch after another. I’ve said “Jesus Christ” like 5 times and I’m only a few hours in. It’s pretty dark and brutal as these two children fight for survival and ultimately lose more and more of their innocence in the process. The combat, stealth gameplay, characters, story and setting all go together extremely well.  The relationship between Amicia and Hugo is really touching. She barely knows him because he’s been sick all his life and kept away from her so as they embark on this journey together she’s basically learning who her brother is and they get to know another and bond through this horror. 

ive been blown away so far. Can’t believe this game isn’t more known 

Played the first 3 levels last night based on your recommendation, momma. Thx. Enjoyed (probably not appropriate due to the subject matter) what I've seen so far. 

11 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

can't believe you like Gravemind.  At least we know what Chief looks like.  Rick Moranis from Little Shop of Horrors.  Great to see our protagonists being toyed with by a plant.

being toyed with not by a plant but by the collected host mind of the flood that had been thriving on Delta Halo for thousands of years after they had beached containment 

Chief crashing like a meteorite, Johnson thinking he was dead.  "Call for evac, heavy lift gear, we ain't leavin him here".  Chief grabs Johnson's wrist.  "No, you're not."  Makes me tear up still.

sure it was fine but this is a bad beginning when it doesn’t pick up where Halo 2 left off. We have no idea why Chief jumped out of the ship and then spends the next 5 levels trying to get back to it. Chief was on the ship at the end of Halo 2 and had just entered Earth’s defense system. Arbiter and Johnson are on Delta Halo. Then Halo 3 starts and Arbiter and Johnson are on Earth while Chief is still on the ship moving thru the Earth’s atmosphere. What????

Blasts through an entire company, defends the base for evac, sabotages it with a Nuke.  Super cool.  So what if Arbiter shoots like a Storm Trooper, welcome to friendly AI in the Halo series.  At least I'm not getting run over by my own Marines like I'm a prostitute in GTA like they do in Halo 2.

im not worried about the AI. I care that Arbiter has nothing to do. He drove the plot in Halo 2 and had fantastic lines, fantastic scenes and a wonderful arc discovering that his entire religion and beliefs system was a lie. He doesn’t even get to kill Truth In this since the Flood gets him first. 

And what's with the ****ing shield balance in Halo 2?  Chief has "new armor" that is worse than it was in Halo 1, and the Elites have that ****ing red plasma shield that blocked Obi Wan from helping Qui Gon when he fought Darth Maul.  You ever play it on Legendary?  The ****ing first bay is harder than absolute ****.  The silver Elites?  Gold Elites?  They can barrel roll like 50 yards, and cover each other to heal quick as HELL.

I liked changing Chiefs armor in Halo 2 and the gameplay change where we don’t need health packs. And I love playing on Legendary. Halo 3 legendary is a piece of cake because brutes are a joke and not a worth replacement to Elites. Elites in Halo 2 had shields and if you didn’t finish them off they’d recharge their shields. You can easily pop the helmets off the Brutes in 3 and they never recover. Elites dodging and just mowing you down with plasma rifles in Halo 2 made the game a lot harder and more strategic. The brutes in Halo 2 were also different and mixed up gameplay. They were watered down worthless elites knockoffs in halo 3. 

****ing tank part in the next level is the most linear **** ever.  Wtf.  If you think 117 is linear, that bull**** is like fighting in a sewer drain.

I don’t think 117 is linear, I just think it’s pointless. It’s uninspired. Oh Johnson gets captured because of course he does. He gets captured every time he’s sent alone anywhere. Same with rats nest. Pointless. We have to fight to get back here to a base that we are leaving and have to blow up anyway. Neither of the two levels advance the story at all. Hell neither of the first 5 levels do. The goal when Chief wakes up is to get to Truth’s ship and it takes 5 levels just to get there. it’s all meaningless filler. It doesn’t drive the story forward it doesn’t push character development at all. You have to get to the end of level 5 when y out find the message from Cortana to actually get a story development. 

And the laughable Miranda line in Rats Nest:

soldier: “ma’am squad leaders are requesting a rally point, where should they go?”

Miranda: (****s pistol) “To war”

Cringe. 

Aside from 60% of the game being pointless filler, the story just makes no sense. The flood has  completely overtaken the Covenant capital city High Charity. There are 10s of millions of covenant on High Charity that are now part of the flood. And in Halo 3 the ancient and intelligent Gravemind decides while holding the capital city of one of the two universe superpowers travels all the way across the galaxy from Delta Halo to earth and doesn’t bother sending a single

ship to another planet. They could literally infect the entire universe again and they just plow the entire thing into the ark which is the one place where they can be destroyed. It’s silly. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It appears I have made a grave mistake...

I just love having the ability to use this meme in context lol. 

I myself have only played 30 min of it but I’m saving it for PS5 at this point. But it will def be on my short list.

On 10/18/2020 at 11:15 AM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

being toyed with not by a plant but by the collected host mind of the flood that had been thriving on Delta Halo for thousands of years after they had beached containment 

sure it was fine but this is a bad beginning when it doesn’t pick up where Halo 2 left off. We have no idea why Chief jumped out of the ship and then spends the next 5 levels trying to get back to it. Chief was on the ship at the end of Halo 2 and had just entered Earth’s defense system. Arbiter and Johnson are on Delta Halo. Then Halo 3 starts and Arbiter and Johnson are on Earth while Chief is still on the ship moving thru the Earth’s atmosphere. What????

im not worried about the AI. I care that Arbiter has nothing to do. He drove the plot in Halo 2 and had fantastic lines, fantastic scenes and a wonderful arc discovering that his entire religion and beliefs system was a lie. He doesn’t even get to kill Truth In this since the Flood gets him first. 

I liked changing Chiefs armor in Halo 2 and the gameplay change where we don’t need health packs. And I love playing on Legendary. Halo 3 legendary is a piece of cake because brutes are a joke and not a worth replacement to Elites. Elites in Halo 2 had shields and if you didn’t finish them off they’d recharge their shields. You can easily pop the helmets off the Brutes in 3 and they never recover. Elites dodging and just mowing you down with plasma rifles in Halo 2 made the game a lot harder and more strategic. The brutes in Halo 2 were also different and mixed up gameplay. They were watered down worthless elites knockoffs in halo 3. 

I don’t think 117 is linear, I just think it’s pointless. It’s uninspired. Oh Johnson gets captured because of course he does. He gets captured every time he’s sent alone anywhere. Same with rats nest. Pointless. We have to fight to get back here to a base that we are leaving and have to blow up anyway. Neither of the two levels advance the story at all. Hell neither of the first 5 levels do. The goal when Chief wakes up is to get to Truth’s ship and it takes 5 levels just to get there. it’s all meaningless filler. It doesn’t drive the story forward it doesn’t push character development at all. You have to get to the end of level 5 when y out find the message from Cortana to actually get a story development. 

And the laughable Miranda line in Rats Nest:

soldier: “ma’am squad leaders are requesting a rally point, where should they go?”

Miranda: (****s pistol) “To war”

Cringe. 

Aside from 60% of the game being pointless filler, the story just makes no sense. The flood has  completely overtaken the Covenant capital city High Charity. There are 10s of millions of covenant on High Charity that are now part of the flood. And in Halo 3 the ancient and intelligent Gravemind decides while holding the capital city of one of the two universe superpowers travels all the way across the galaxy from Delta Halo to earth and doesn’t bother sending a single

ship to another planet. They could literally infect the entire universe again and they just plow the entire thing into the ark which is the one place where they can be destroyed. It’s silly. 

Obviously you're focusing on the story arc, character development, what have you...and I'm about the gameplay.

You can 2 hitter-quitter Elites in Halo 2 just like you can do to Brutes in Halo 3.  Except you have to charge a plasma pistol then switch to the AR/Carbine.  Like the Ghost, who wants to use a plasma pistol???  Absolutely lame.

I reckon if Chief thought he could run roughshod through the ship, he'da done it.  Jumped to form up and save Marines.  Then comes the organized push.

Whatever.  Halo 2 isn't bad, I'm just not dialed in when I play it.  Reach, 3 and 1 have me in leaned-over in my chair mode.

On 10/19/2020 at 9:41 PM, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Like the Ghost, who wants to use a plasma pistol???

its worlds harder and more fun than Halo 3 even with the noob combo. 

and ghosts? Nothing as awesome as ghost splatters and Halo 2 added the hijack ability too. 

also, speaking of gameplay, the equipment in halo 3 wasn’t that fun for me. Drop shields and bubble shields and such. They had their place in multiplayer which was amazing but didn’t work in the campaign. 

Archived