Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

I wouldn't pay attention to those speed run numbers. Didn't someone speed run through Skyrim and beat it in like 20 minutes or some ridiculous amount?

With that said, the new MGS is really more of a demo than anything else. I'm not sure if I want to get it either, at least until the price drops. Plus Infamous comes out this Friday anyway.

the 37 minute run is just an average playthrough. It's not a speedrun. I'm sure there's more content outside of that (which is why I would pay 15 bucks for it), but the main story is roughly 45 minutes to an hour and a half long. I bet a full achievement/trophy playthrough (collectibles, and whatever else is in there) would be between 4-10 hours. Worth 15 bucks.

the 37 minute run is just an average playthrough. It's not a speedrun. I'm sure there's more content outside of that (which is why I would pay 15 bucks for it), but the main story is roughly 45 minutes to an hour and a half long. I bet a full achievement/trophy playthrough (collectibles, and whatever else is in there) would be between 4-10 hours. Worth 15 bucks.

Yeah I'm reading now and it actually is really short. I'm definitely not spending $30 on it. I'll wait till it drops. The actual game isn't out for another year anyway.

Not one post about Sony revealing its virtual reality headset guys? Im ashamed! But apparently some developers have said it is ahead of oculus rift.

In my defense, my friend is the creator of the Oculus Rift, so I'm not going to be pumping up his competitors.

Now that out of the way, Virtual Reality won't be great for this generation of consoles. You want no less than 1080p @60 FPS with no drops, and you're not gonna get that from these consoles; you need a PC.

Secondly, about developers saying it's ahead of the Oculus, I have a strong suspicion they're comparing it to the devkit which is old technology by now. I was actually talking to my friend about it the other day (I finally tried out a devkit) and he said he was actually pretty embarrassed by the devkit as what they're working with right now is light-years better.

Thirdly, knowing Sony and their VR products, it's going to cost an arm and a leg, while at Oculus, the goal was to make an affordable consumer product.

'Titanfall 2' PS4 Release Likely

Rumors pouring out over the last 24 hours that Titanfall 2 will be picked up by EA, becoming a multiplatform game.  Good stuff, as I hear Titanfall is a pretty good shooter.  Us PS4 players will get to play a new and improved version of Titanfall in a couple years when the sequel drops, and all the next installments after that.  Nice. 

This news somewhat sucks Microsoft though, as Titanfall is probably one of Xbox One's "top 5" exclusives through 2015.  Playstation folks being able to play Titanfall 2, 3, 4, etc on the PS4 is a huge win for Sony.  Thanks EA!

As a Sony fan, I have to admit that the reviews for Titanfall are very positive, and the youtube videos I've seen make it look like a fun game.  Titanfall could've ended up being one of Xbox One's biggest exclusives of this new generation, much like HALO was for Xbox 360.  Titanfall exclusive to Microsoft could've been one of the main reasons to buy an Xbox One for years to come.  But nope, not anymore.  Sony will have Titanfall from here on out.  B)

ASSOCIATED PRESS

Titanfall hasn't even been out for a week - and it's still not out on Xbox 360.

But the enormous critical (and presumably commercial) success of the game has made a sequel almost inevitable. And yes - it looks like it's coming out on PS4 too.

multiple links:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/03/20/titanfall-2-ps4_n_4999158.html

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/20/titanfall-2-coming-to-ps4-claim-insiders-4665460/

http://bgr.com/2014/03/20/titanfall-2-ps4-xbox-one/

http://www.uproxx.com/gammasquad/2014/03/will-titanfall-2-come-to-the-ps4/

^^^Meh i wouldn't get too excited. Bought Titanfall day 1 and haven't been impressed at all. Will be returning it this week to get max trade in value

Ya know, you're not the first person here on ES to say that...

I haven't played, so I honestly have no idea.  Vids I've seen look fun, reminds somewhat of Killzone but with faster gameplay.  But then again there are people on xbox forums and gaming forums in general who say its kinda meh.  Okay and all, but no "killer app." 

Either way, I'll probably give it a whirl when Titanfall 2 comes out for PS4. 

I haven't played, so I honestly have no idea.  Vids I've seen look fun, reminds somewhat of Killzone but with faster gameplay.  But then again there are people on xbox forums and gaming forums in general who say its kinda meh.  Okay and all, but no "killer app." 

it's nothing like killzone...also, it's been assumed that TF2 is coming to PS4 since Microsoft and EA signed the deal for Microsoft exclusivity (Since Respawn head said the deal is for the first game only basically the day the deal was struck). It would be a shock if they signed another deal for TF2, not the other way around...

I really like the style of it, but I was worried that the gameplay itself would get boring or repetitive.

it's a short platformer with puzzles that involve drawing lines to solve them. every world adds a new drawing mechanic. boring and repetitive is a personal thing so i can't really comment on that.

In my defense, my friend is the creator of the Oculus Rift, so I'm not going to be pumping up his competitors.

Now that out of the way, Virtual Reality won't be great for this generation of consoles. You want no less than 1080p @60 FPS with no drops, and you're not gonna get that from these consoles; you need a PC.

Secondly, about developers saying it's ahead of the Oculus, I have a strong suspicion they're comparing it to the devkit which is old technology by now. I was actually talking to my friend about it the other day (I finally tried out a devkit) and he said he was actually pretty embarrassed by the devkit as what they're working with right now is light-years better.

Thirdly, knowing Sony and their VR products, it's going to cost an arm and a leg, while at Oculus, the goal was to make an affordable consumer product.

Agree with you on most of that. But Sony recently said they are gunning for between 200-300 per headset. 

Though I'm 31 and still play video games religiously, I refuse to see myself as a gamer nerd. lol

Sitting in my living room with a Wes Welker concussion helmet....I just can't man.  Maybe I'll like it if I get a chance to try it, but I'll probably pass...

Agree with you on most of that. But Sony recently said they are gunning for between 200-300 per headset. 

When? I just read yesterday that they refused to even give a ballpark for the price. Also, it might be AWESOME but a $300 headset for what will likely be a $350 dollar system is steep. Don't get me wrong, I'll buy one if it's any good but still...

Oh and Infamous got an 8.7 from IGN which is definitely good enough for me to buy it considering A) it's really preeetttyyy, and B) there aren't any other games coming out until Watch Dogs at the end of May.

B space ) makes a smiley? Had no idea lol

Yea, for all the hype it was a big time disappointment. Im sure some people love it but for me idk really wasn't anything that great or new. 

When? I just read yesterday that they refused to even give a ballpark for the price. Also, it might be AWESOME but a $300 headset for what will likely be a $350 dollar system is steep. Don't get me wrong, I'll buy one if it's any good but still...

Oh and Infamous got an 8.7 from IGN which is definitely good enough for me to buy it considering A) it's really preeetttyyy, and B) there aren't any other games coming out until Watch Dogs at the end of May.

B space ) makes a smiley? Had no idea lol

http://n4g.com/news/1477786/morpheus-targeting-249-299-price-sonys-studios-working-on-absolutely-fantastic-things-insider

Yea, for all the hype it was a big time disappointment. Im sure some people love it but for me idk really wasn't anything that great or new. 

I've been playing on PC and while it is fun the screen tearing and horrible AI are kind of off-putting.  

Archived