Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

I agree that campaigns are a waste of time. I've never finished one FPS campaign. Not even Half Life 2.

I'm quite the opposite. I find multiplayer to be a waste of time (in the sense that I'll play multiplayer for the express purpose of wasting away time). Online multiplayer, I find, is more about the destination (winning, K/D ratio, etc.) than the journey, and everyone quickly memorizes the maps and gets their favorite camping spots or map-specific tricks they'll use over-and-over. It's a bit different of a story when playing in-person with friends, but I prefer games like Smash Bros for that than shooters. Otherwise, I tend to gravitate to single-player experiences.

oh man, 17 years later, i think i still have the first map from the campaign memorized.

Haha I remember getting lost on Surface (the snow level) for so long and just walking around forever when I was little. Oh hey finally a shack in the distance...let me just go see what's up here (alarm goes off) dang...dead, killed by Klobbs

I'm quite the opposite... Otherwise, I tend to gravitate to single-player experiences.

I agree for the most part except as it relates to FPS, with a few exceptions thrown in, obviously

Halo campaigns are worth the price alone. The multiplayer is a bonus.

Some classics were great too like GoldenEye, PD and the Half Life series too.

I should have added the Bioshock series to this. Awful omission on my part but they are FPS with outstanding campaigns.

Haha I remember getting lost on Surface (the snow level) for so long and just walking around forever when I was little. Oh hey finally a shack in the distance...let me just go see what's up here (alarm goes off) dang...dead, killed by Klobbs

awwww man, the klobbs!  worst multiplayer gun in history.  We called it "Klobber schlobber."  LOL

Goldeneye might be my favorite game ever. I still remember when I finally got the Invincibility cheat, which required beating Facility on the hardest difficulty in 2:30(correct me if I'm wrong). My palms were sweaty and I screamed so loud when I got it.

So can someone give me the rundown on Infamous? I never played the first two. I know it's open world action. How is the story? Do the decisions you make matter? I love games where your decisions influence the story and the possibility of being good/evil. I heard though that it's hard to be good because you can't kill anyone, how hard is it to just go around incapacitating people?

I love games where your decisions influence the story and the possibility of being good/evil. I heard though that it's hard to be good because you can't kill anyone, how hard is it to just go around incapacitating people?

did you by any chance play Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas?  You'd love those if you enjoy developing your character. 

I'm hearing good things about Second Son, thought I haven't gotten around to downloading it yet.

And you sir, are correct about the Goldeneye run.  :)

good ol' proximity mines

Infamous: Second Son and Watch Dogs are just appetizers to Tom Clancy's The Division.

The Division will be the closest a video game has ever come to reality - in regard to its engine and visuals. Add to that, the fact that it will be released within the first year or so of the console's launch - it leads me to imagine what PS4 games will look like 4 years from now.

Hopefully, I will have shed all of my childish desires at that point and not be concerned with video games anymore, reducing my capacity for time-wasting. I can dream, right?

Hopefully, I will have shed all of my childish desires at that point and not be concerned with video games anymore, reducing my capacity for time-wasting. I can dream, right?

not sure how old you are, but I turn 32 in 3 weeks, and I'm more into video games than I've ever been.

Honestly, I didn't play video games at all from 18 to about 27.  Before my wife got me a PS3 in '07, the last gaming console I had was N64 in the late 90s.

not sure how old you are, but I turn 32 in 3 weeks, and I'm more into video games than I've ever been.

Honestly, I didn't play video games at all from 18 to about 27.  Before my wife got me a PS3 in '07, the last gaming console I had was N64 in the late 90s.

All I know is, the more video games I play, the less time I invest going to the gym.

I was that guy on golden eye that knew all the spawn points. They werent random there were 5 or 6 of them every map and you spawned at each one in a row. I only ran with the yellow strafing keys too so if i got you once it was over. Even without it though my aim was so on point with that N64 controller it didnt matter. Seriously and this isnt an exageration... We played 4 player all the time for almost a year and i lost maybe 5 games. Didnt matter what weapons or ruleset. It was to the point where i was banned from playing multiplayer with my friends lol. Only weapons that gave me any sort of trouble was proximity mines on stack because my friends would wall themselves in up top and take shots at me while i was aiming at the walls to clear them. Loved GoldenEye.

I was that guy on golden eye that knew all the spawn points. They werent random there were 5 or 6 of them every map and you spawned at each one in a row. I only ran with the yellow strafing keys too so if i got you once it was over. Even without it though my aim was so on point with that N64 controller it didnt matter. Seriously and this isnt an exageration... We played 4 player all the time for almost a year and i lost maybe 5 games. Didnt matter what weapons or ruleset. It was to the point where i was banned from playing multiplayer with my friends lol. Only weapons that gave me any sort of trouble was proximity mines on stack because my friends would wall themselves in up top and take shots at me while i was aiming at the walls to clear them. Loved GoldenEye.

Yeah I was pretty baller at Goldeneye too.

No shooter has come close since. Maybe Halo, but there was just something special about Goldeneye.

In my defense, my friend is the creator of the Oculus Rift, so I'm not going to be pumping up his competitors.

Now that out of the way, Virtual Reality won't be great for this generation of consoles. You want no less than 1080p @60 FPS with no drops, and you're not gonna get that from these consoles; you need a PC.

Secondly, about developers saying it's ahead of the Oculus, I have a strong suspicion they're comparing it to the devkit which is old technology by now. I was actually talking to my friend about it the other day (I finally tried out a devkit) and he said he was actually pretty embarrassed by the devkit as what they're working with right now is light-years better.

Thirdly, knowing Sony and their VR products, it's going to cost an arm and a leg, while at Oculus, the goal was to make an affordable consumer product.

You're friend must be one rich son of a gun now.

But of all companies, WHY FACEBOOK!?!?!

You're friend must be one rich son of a gun now.

But of all companies, WHY FACEBOOK!?!?!

I haven't been able to get into contact with him since the news came in (I bet he's quite busy right now), but I'm sure he'll be quite wealthy when this is all over with.

As for Facebook, don't let that get to you. Until I hear otherwise, my understanding is that they'll still be rather autonomous and continue what they're doing, but now they have the backing of a company with an endless pool of money instead of the measly kickstarter and venture-capitalist money they'd been working off of.

Don't think of facebook as the website, but as a business. They bought Instagram and Snapchat, but people are still happy with those services, are they not? I think Zuckerberg is just excited about the possibilities of Virtual Reality for social networking. I know I had already seen the possibilities with a 3d camera system to have be able to meet with people where you every body-move would be translated in the virtual world by your avatar (and you could have interesting non-human avatars if you so please).

And Zazzaro, don't you dare go PS4 VR. I will haunt your dreams, and you'll be disappointed. :)

I haven't been able to get into contact with him since the news came in (I bet he's quite busy right now), but I'm sure he'll be quite wealthy when this is all over with.As for Facebook, don't let that get to you. Until I hear otherwise, my understanding is that they'll still be rather autonomous and continue what they're doing, but now they have the backing of a company with an endless pool of money instead of the measly kickstarter and venture-capitalist money they'd been working off of.Don't think of facebook as the website, but as a business. They bought Instagram and Snapchat, but people are still happy with those services, are they not? I think Zuckerberg is just excited about the possibilities of Virtual Reality for social networking. I know I had already seen the possibilities with a 3d camera system to have be able to meet with people where you every body-move would be translated in the virtual world by your avatar (and you could have interesting non-human avatars if you so please).And Zazzaro, don't you dare go PS4 VR. I will haunt your dreams, and you'll be disappointed. :)

Maybe for now they won't be involved but I can see the OR shifting away from gaming and more towards social aspects in the future. We will see but I think Facebook buying them out is lame.

Maybe for now they won't be involved but I can see the OR shifting away from gaming and more towards social aspects in the future. We will see but I think Facebook buying them out is lame.

I think the people already at facebook will focus on the social aspects while the people at Oculus will continue to do what they do with facebook's backing.

Has anyone tried purchasing games digitally over PSN? Is it fast/reliable? I normally prefer hard copies for console but I do like the convenience of not having to go to the store.

All the time.  Works just fine.  having a credit card stored makes is super easy.

Archived