Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

13 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Starfield might not release until the next gen consoles either.  :( 

Yeah, and it seems like the type of **** that could be pushed back an extra year. For a game that has been "In development" for as long as it has, and is supposed to be launched "soon," I find it shocking that theres no gameplay footage.

Considering Bethesda's recent bs, feels like another messy launch waiting to happen.

So, I played Battle Royale last night and was clueless.  There were hardly any other players around my squad, honestly, I thought it was glitching or something cause it started the game with 150 players, squads of 3 (50 squads total).  Had really no idea what in the hell I was doing.  Died and ended up in the gulag, clueless what the hell that meant too lol.

Anyhow, this was a video made prior to it being rolled out, but the guy did a great job explaining everything.

I played Fortnite and PUBG and it seemed like there was still a lot of action, both when you wanted it and tried to avoid it.  I guess this map is a lot larger than Fortnite maps and I have to be patient and let the combat come to my squad or go after it with contracts.  Gonna give it another go tonight.  I also played the cash grab game, that was pretty cool.

Edit:  looks like the video I watched is no longer available :( 

Warzone is sick, plunder also sick. 

I thought it was a good mix of running around collecting loot and getting some decent guns before all hell breaks loose.

nothing worse than landing and dying right away because the crowd is too big. 

we also tended to play the outskirts rather than the middle of the circle from the drop, but if you prefer the action I’m sure you could arrange for it from the jump 

Just now, LLandryistheshiz said:

Warzone is sick, plunder also sick. 

I thought it was a good mix of running around collecting loot and getting some decent guns before all hell breaks loose.

nothing worse than landing and dying right away because the crowd is too big. 

we also tended to play the outskirts rather than the middle of the circle from the drop, but if you prefer the action I’m sure you could arrange for it from the jump 

Is Plunder the one where you grab cash?  Yeah, I wish that video was still available, basically, it walked you through the entire gameplay.  His squad dropped in the top corner of the map.  Then he was teaching how everything worked.  Like grabbing the gasmask cause the fog is crazy worse without it when the map shrinks.  Grabbing cash so you can buy UAVs, etc.

How to get your custom weapons drop from the store or the random drop that makes you vulnerable.  Contracts and bounties, what the gulag means if you die.  It was about 22 minutes, his squad of two won it all.  But it helped me see exactly how I needed to approach the game and why I wasn't seeing much action in the beginning.  I'm sure I'll have a lot more fun with it tonight, now that I know what to actually do.

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

So, I played Battle Royale last night and was clueless.  There were hardly any other players around my squad, honestly, I thought it was glitching or something cause it started the game with 150 players, squads of 3 (50 squads total).  Had really no idea what in the hell I was doing.  Died and ended up in the gulag, clueless what the hell that meant too lol.

How long are the "rounds" before the map shrinks?

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

How long are the "rounds" before the map shrinks?

Not sure, maybe 4 1/2 minutes before each map shrink.  It looked like that in this video:

But then there were other timers for 2 1/2 minutes, 1 1/2 etc., but I think that was some of the challenges like bounty or defending an area.  

Yeah plunder is the same drop from above mechanic, but with no circle or gas. You can resplendent every 20-30 seconds, and use a custom loadout from the start. 

goal is to have the most cash after 30 min. You lose half your cash if you die, others can pick up. There are choppers you can call in to safely deposit cash. These are hot spots for getting wrecked lol

also the top 3 teams are marked on the map so you’re never safe if you’re doing well gotta stash it in the bank

On 3/6/2020 at 1:38 PM, Warhead36 said:

FF7 Remake Demo was pretty cool, although I much preferred switching to Classic Mode and doing the battles that way to bring back the old FF feel. Can't stand button mashing.

Yeah visually and audibly it was fantastic. I've been tellin people that I'll have to let the battle system grow on me though. I hope they don't eff this up with the "episode" or chapter formula.

Also, anyone been peepin the RE3 remake? Can't wait for it. However it looks like it's going to be even more stressful than the RE2 remake with how relentless Nemesis is going to be lol.

1 hour ago, Captain James said:

Yeah visually and audibly it was fantastic. I've been tellin people that I'll have to let the battle system grow on me though. I hope they don't eff this up with the "episode" or chapter formula.

Also, anyone been peepin the RE3 remake? Can't wait for it. However it looks like it's going to be even more stressful than the RE2 remake with how relentless Nemesis is going to be lol.

After playing FF15 and hating it, I'm over FF unless it's the old school turn based style.

The (ninth?) run-through of Fallout 4 continues.  Usually in the past, I'd efficiently move through the story.  This time, I am intentionally not doing that, instead, I'm trying to **** around and get to the highest level possible.  I think the highest level I had ever gotten to before was probably somewhere around 75.  I'm at 85 now and have a long way to go.  I just finished NukaWorld (killed all of the raiders) and just started Far Harbor (will be nuking the religious zealots, per my videogaming policy to always do that).  This is the first time I've ever gotten leveled up enough to get the Wasteland Whisperer perk, which allows you to pacify and control monsters.  I have all 3 levels.  Far Harbor is full of monsters, so this is fun AF.  I also downloaded a bunch of creation club content, some of which was fun, some of which was pointless but got me some XP.  I haven't really gotten anywhere with any of the factions yet, other than to meet them and do some preliminary trust-gaining stuff and get their companions and do those quests.    

I can't remember if I posted this or not but the most recent game i've finished was Death Stranding a while ago. 

I loved it all the way through. It's an experience unlike anything I've ever played. It ends with basically a 3 hour long movie with a couple 10 minute gameplay sections mixed in. But that finish wraps up the story and questions remaining. It saves it's best surprises for the very end and when it all comes together it just hits you right in the ****ing soul. 

Just a beautiful haunting trip of a game. I can't even imagine the mind it takes to come up with this world and characters. This was a classic.

--

Since i finished,  I've gone back through God of War on New Game +. I think it's even better the second time since I have a better understanding of the Norse mythology and everything going on. This is an all-time great game. 

10 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The (ninth?) run-through of Fallout 4 continues.  Usually in the past, I'd efficiently move through the story.  This time, I am intentionally not doing that, instead, I'm trying to **** around and get to the highest level possible.  I think the highest level I had ever gotten to before was probably somewhere around 75.  I'm at 85 now and have a long way to go.  I just finished NukaWorld (killed all of the raiders) and just started Far Harbor (will be nuking the religious zealots, per my videogaming policy to always do that).  This is the first time I've ever gotten leveled up enough to get the Wasteland Whisperer perk, which allows you to pacify and control monsters.  I have all 3 levels.  Far Harbor is full of monsters, so this is fun AF.  I also downloaded a bunch of creation club content, some of which was fun, some of which was pointless but got me some XP.  I haven't really gotten anywhere with any of the factions yet, other than to meet them and do some preliminary trust-gaining stuff and get their companions and do those quests.    

I'm basically a snake oil salesman/politician. 9 intelligence, 10 charisma, suit wearing (literally, I always make them wear a suit) badass.

I use the AI power armour and a companion, or the AI and another robot (from the Automatron DLC) and always roll 3 deep,  taking over every settlement,  raking in fistfuls of blood money off the backs of my "Employees" and ruling the 

Minuteman faction with an iron fist. 

Theres no relationship I cant exploit, no negotiation I cant win, and no chem I wont experiment with (also have the "Nerd Rage" perk).

It's fun, but it can be incredibly OP at times.

It's most fun when making the settlers fight each other in the pits, matching them up unfairly (one got blown to pieces with the rpg), adding monsters to it, and also staging killzones and fighting off waves of enemies at the settlements.

The lore is cool too. Never took the time getting the hack skill up to read all the terminals, and my deathbots lockpick everything else. There is nothing I cannot access

You appear to be way better at the game than me. I kind of abhor settlement building and avoid it. Ive maxed out charisma, perception, agility and luck so I can get people to do what I want and **** everyone else up in combat. I built and modded the enclave power armor from creation club, but i dont use it, i use weaved army fatigues and legendary armor pieces. I found an explosive radium rifle that mows down everything, and a wounding combat shotgun for indoor use. Big Boy handles the rest. 

Currently doing Far Harbor with Nick, who has an armored trench coat and uses spray n pray and Lorenzos gun (which I took the mod and put it on a troubleshooters gamma gun). 

My go-to is the CC "Manwell" big game rifle (inspired by Dick Cheney), and the alien rifle which I modded (I also have maxed out all crafting skills) to shoot energy bombs. Good for crowd control, and I just run and hide while the muscle takes out everything else.

It's a good system I have going.  Any bot that tries me gets hacked and it turns into a 4 man unit. Very effective when going up against those immortal sentry bots (at least they're immortal on Very Hard).

Settlement building is awesome if you fill your charisma tree. I basically hustle purified water like an 80's cartel kingpin. Currently sitting on 50k in caps and it's time for the weekly tributes (then I spend it on supplies, guns and armor and food for the next settlement ). I've built up an entire network of caravans.

Stores, arenas, games, I can do it all.

Archived