Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Playing uncharted 4 for the first time. Been on my list forever but I wanted to go thru the Uncharted Collection as refresher sonde I hadn’t played them in years and just finished that again this week. 

Some Thoughts: 

Uncharted 1 was fun but limited in story and the controls were loose and sloppy imo. Still awesome introduction to the series. 

Uncharted 2 - a timeless masterpiece. Some of the best set pieces in gaming. Expands on the story, characters, graphics and gunplay immensely. A Hollywood action movie and Pretty much perfect from start to finish. 

Uncharted 3 - honestly kinda disappointing. The graphics are even better and the writing, characters and story are the best in the series to this point. Going back and diving into Drakes childhood was excellent. But the gunplay got worse. Hit detection problems and bullet spongey regular baddies. Plus the settings for the first 3/4 of the game don’t really do it for me. The castle early on that gets set on fire was just overkill. The castle in Syria wasn’t very compelling. It just didn’t have that sense of awe and wonder. The game improves dramatically once they hit the desert tho and has a pretty strong finish. 

Uncharted 4. Holy ****. I’m still only a couple hours in but This is the perfect evolution of the series that I had hoped for. Graphics are ridiculous. We dive further into Drake’s past which is really well done. The normal life Drake is struggling with makes so much sense and was a perfect direction to go to. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen better written characters in a game. It helps that several of the characters we’ve come to know over the years but I’m just blown away at the quality of the dialogue between the characters. This is a wonderful story so far. I mean the dinner scene between drake and Elena was just perfect and was probably part of a 15 minutes period of cutscenes. I love that they are taking the time to tell the story right. It’s what I loved about TLOU and they have taken it up a notch here. 

The gunplay is even better too. Enemies and the guns just flow so smoothly together. Even the hand to hand combat is greatly improved. 

Just really impressed so far. Im not getting any sleep this weekend. 

On 12/7/2017 at 2:15 PM, Xameil said:

Sheesh...you guys are making me want to breakout my FO4 again and do more then just the game....I think I'll wait to see if it comes out for VR next year

Pretty crazy. Currently in a  hospital shootout in the Power Armour.

Spacial awareness is all jacked up in the tight quarters, but im just mowing them down with the big minigun

Aaaasnd plot twist. Jump to the bottom and get blitzed vy a Deathclaw. Knew something stupid was coming.....

So, as mentioned before, we got my daughter a Nintendo Switch for Christmas.  My parents have bought Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Mario Odyssey for her.  I got her a pro controller, charging station, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle and two steering wheels.  I probably will pick up a microSD card as she will need one and they are pretty cheap.

Was thinking about buying her another game, she is 9 years old, will be 10 in March, any recommendations?  I thought about Zelda, but not sure, haven't really played it or read up on it, would that be too advanced?  Also thought about Splatoon 2.  Any suggestions?

Not my forte.

Been playing more Fallout, and finally realized why im getting my ass unnaturally kicked :the super mutant Normandy level farm raid, fast and fidgety ghouls/tunneling mole rats, and now last night, this twitchy, cracked out Spiderman-Power Ranger looking dude named "The Triggerman," that came out of nowhere, utilizing cover like a creepy AI, and one shots me

It's that "immersive gaming" mod. Now i know, at least. Didn't know wtf was going on, and the "Triggerman" was when i finally knew someone was ****ing with me :ols:

5 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

So, as mentioned before, we got my daughter a Nintendo Switch for Christmas.  My parents have bought Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Mario Odyssey for her.  I got her a pro controller, charging station, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle and two steering wheels.  I probably will pick up a microSD card as she will need one and they are pretty cheap.

Was thinking about buying her another game, she is 9 years old, will be 10 in March, any recommendations?  I thought about Zelda, but not sure, haven't really played it or read up on it, would that be too advanced?  Also thought about Splatoon 2.  Any suggestions?

I wouldn't worry too much about Zelda being "too advanced".  Don't underestimate kids' ability to pick up and play.  Especially given how open-ended the game is, just running around exploring might be a great experience for a kid.

I had fun with the original Splatoon, though disconnects came to be rather frustrating, be it me getting disconnected from a game or my teammates disconnecting guaranteeing a loss.

Other suggestions: Arms would probably be a good choice if she has someone to play with.  Would be better with a second set of joycons so two people could play with motion controls.  I've only played the demo, but Pokken Tournament DX is pretty fun continuing the theme of multiplayer vs. games.  Plus it's pokemon, so all the better for a 9 year old girl.  Stardew Valley is a farming/life simulator that people tend to really like.  Might be an option to consider.

Finished UC4 Sunday. Just breathtaking. I couldn't think of a more perfect ending to the series and the story of Nathan Drake. I really enjoyed the pirate treasure hunt more than probably any of the other cities/treasures of the previous games too. This game was flawless start to end for me.

That epilogue too. Just wow. Naughty Dog is on another level from anyone else in their storytelling. 

Makes me even more excited for TLOU 2. 

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Finished UC4 Sunday. Just breathtaking. I couldn't think of a more perfect ending to the series and the story of Nathan Drake. I really enjoyed the pirate treasure hunt more than probably any of the other cities/treasures of the previous games too. This game was flawless start to end for me.

That epilogue too. Just wow. Naughty Dog is on another level from anyone else in their storytelling. 

Pretty much what I thought when I finished it. Although I have to say Bethesda might be closing the gap with games like Wolfenstein 2. 

41 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I just finished The Last of Us. Not my favorite game in terms of gameplay, but the game is gorgeous and I cant rememeber ever being so emotionally invested in characters in a video game. And then the end was so perfect. It’s like the Shawshank of video games. 

My man! Agree totally 

13 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

Pretty much what I thought when I finished it. Although I have to say Bethesda might be closing the gap with games like Wolfenstein 2. 

Yeah I definitely need to grab that one soon

10 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

So Im pretty sure Im getting Horizon Zero Dawn and or the new Wolfenstein game for xmas. Very much excited for HZD. 

After that it sounds like i need to try the Nathan Drake series. Do I need to start one the first one?  I still have my PS3 if so. 

Yes you should definitely do that. They have 1-3 remastered for PS4 as the Nathan Drake Collection for like $30 too if you’d rather play those instead of the PS3 versions. 

Start with the first one because the stories and characters build thru each game 

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yes you should definitely do that. They have 1-3 remastered for PS4 as the Nathan Drake Collection for like $30 too if you’d rather play those instead of the PS3 versions. 

Start with the first one because the stories and characters build thru each game 

Perfect. Thanks!

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

So Im pretty sure Im getting Horizon Zero Dawn and or the new Wolfenstein game for xmas. Very much excited for HZD. 

After that it sounds like i need to try the Nathan Drake series. Do I need to start one the first one?  I still have my PS3 if so. 

Be sure to grab "the complete edition" which has all the new DLC on disc. I'm getting it myself and looking forward to it.

I sure hope they come out with a Mass Effect: Andromeda complete edition or GOTY edition. That game would be pretty damn good if they

could just get rid of all the bugs. 

15 hours ago, Mournblade said:

I sure hope they come out with a Mass Effect: Andromeda complete edition or GOTY edition. That game would be pretty damn good if they

could just get rid of all the bugs. 

I doubt it. EA has officially abandoned that game, canceled all DLC in development, they basically patched the bugs and are now pretending it doesn't exist. 

19 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I've tried to run through the Uncharted Series. I've been stuck on UC1 for months, that game is bad. Decent story, but the controls are awful. Maybe I've been a bit spoiled by the Tomb Raider games. 

49 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I've tried to run through the Uncharted Series. I've been stuck on UC1 for months, that game is bad. Decent story, but the controls are awful. Maybe I've been a bit spoiled by the Tomb Raider games. 

Yeah the controls are really sloppy and loose in UC1. Stick with it though because it lays a solid foundation. You kinda just have to get thru 1 to get the story, the characters and the ticks that the series is all about.

UC2 improves the controls, gunplay, climbing, hand combat, pretty much everything immensely. 

On 12/11/2017 at 8:29 PM, PokerPacker said:

I wouldn't worry too much about Zelda being "too advanced".  Don't underestimate kids' ability to pick up and play.  Especially given how open-ended the game is, just running around exploring might be a great experience for a kid.

I had fun with the original Splatoon, though disconnects came to be rather frustrating, be it me getting disconnected from a game or my teammates disconnecting guaranteeing a loss.

Other suggestions: Arms would probably be a good choice if she has someone to play with.  Would be better with a second set of joycons so two people could play with motion controls.  I've only played the demo, but Pokken Tournament DX is pretty fun continuing the theme of multiplayer vs. games.  Plus it's pokemon, so all the better for a 9 year old girl.  Stardew Valley is a farming/life simulator that people tend to really like.  Might be an option to consider.

I forgot I had a $50 gift card from Best Buy from work, ended up getting two games for her.  Went with Zelda and Splatoon 2.  Didn't tell the wife about this, going to surprise my daughter (wife too I guess) an hour or so after we open gifts Christmas morning and get her all set-up to play the Switch, then toss her another gift.  Then wait another hour, do it again.  

2 hours ago, Pick6 said:

Wolfenstein 2 was a blast. The story is ridiculous, but in a good way and fits in the world they have created.

Bethesda has really up the ante with that game. With Wolfenstein 2 we get a glimpse at what Skyrim 2, Fallout 5

and future iterations of Bethesda games are going to look like. And the future is bright. 

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yeah the controls are really sloppy and loose in UC1. Stick with it though because it lays a solid foundation. You kinda just have to get thru 1 to get the story, the characters and the ticks that the series is all about.

UC2 improves the controls, gunplay, climbing, hand combat, pretty much everything immensely. 

Yeah, I played through most of UC 2 back on PS3. That game was awesome. I'm really looking forward to that. Maybe I can try to finish UC1 off this weekend. 

54 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

Bethesda has really up the ante with that game. With Wolfenstein 2 we get a glimpse at what Skyrim 2, Fallout 5

and future iterations of Bethesda games are going to look like. And the future is bright. 

I hope this is true, but I doubt it. I generally avoid Skyrim and Fallout because I don't like the gameplay and how the stories are developed. Unless Bethesda starts demanding the games they publish use the same game engine that MachineGames uses in Wolfenstein 2, I don't think the next Fallout and Skyrim will look close to what we got with Wolfenstein 2. Plus those games have open world environments, where W2 has your more traditional levels. W2 isn't as CPU demanding as an open world game so I'm not sure it will would work out. Part of the problem with ME:Andromeda and the facial animations was due to EA demanding Bioware use the Frostbite engine, which was fine for Battlefield, but a lot of the built-in assets that the Unreal Engine came with had to be developed from the ground up in the Frostbite engine on Andromeda. I can imagine those kind of limitations happening in this case. 

9 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I forgot I had a $50 gift card from Best Buy from work, ended up getting two games for her.  Went with Zelda and Splatoon 2.  Didn't tell the wife about this, going to surprise my daughter (wife too I guess) an hour or so after we open gifts Christmas morning and get her all set-up to play the Switch, then toss her another gift.  Then wait another hour, do it again.  

Dad! You didn't forget me did you?:ols:

Is Splatoon a multiplayer only?  

Archived