Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Exactly Was The Plan Against Denver?

SoCalSkinsFan1975

Lol half the time there is no pocket. I swear some of you guys don't have a clue. Pocket passer or not the play calling is horrible. IM pretty sure kirk was getting laid out the little time he was in there.

I am so glad you wrote this before I went off.  There WAS NO pocket people. It collapsed like a cheap tent every time Griffin took a step back to pass in the 2nd half.   I do not understand our OC at all.  Okay so why are you abandoning the run which got you 14 points up for repeated passes in a collapsing pocket?  How about using the mobility of your QB and in the pistol,  anything but leave him back there to get killed.  Also what I could see was that receivers fell down which lead to the 2nd INT and none of them were able to break loose from the man to man coverage.    Additionally our Defense should have blitzed Manning repeatedly coming out the second half.   That whiner Peyton had how many turnovers??? 2-3?  Why not amp up the pressure because he can't handle pressure. We got no pressure on him in the second half.   What a mess.  And then we send in Cousin's.  Everyone's "solution" to RG3 and he throws an INT by eyeballing his receiver from the snap.    

Maybe someday we will draft a POCKET passer, not some scrambing guy that sometimes makes a decent throw

We did that twice and we ruined them as well. Keep crying and begging for more QBs who won't succeed here because god knows we can always blame them for our issues.

Reed played QB.  Just when the game started to shift I would have called a play no one seen.  We had Banks throw passes for TD.  Kyle was amazing when he showed us the pistol.  He could not make a creative call?  I saw Mat Stafford catch the whole Dallas D Line sleeping for a TD to win the game.

Kyle Shanahan is his own offense's worst enemy.  It bewilders me that he comes up with such creative and innovative plays, yet cannot just buckle down and call the simple zone running plays when the situation calls for it.  When the Redskins were up 21-7, and the game was somewhat in our favor, there was 3 straight possessions that 1 running play was called.  Keep in mind this was in a game that Morris already had 95 yards rushing.  So obviously the running game was working just fine.

Not to mention we have a OL that is built for the running game and the ZBS, they totally suck, huge suck, at pass protection.

Well....I think that we can all safely say that this team is awful. Yes, I hate to say it as much as anyone here wants to hear it, but it's true.

We Stink!!!   RG III is VERY overrated (CANNOT read defenses!!  ALWAYS throws to his 1st option), we have lousy receivers (Garcon and Reed are good, Hankerson is average and everyone else sucks)  , Terrible Coaching (ALL of them), AWFUL special teams, mediocre defense and no #1 pick in the 2014 draft because we overspent for Griffin.  We had better strike gold in Free Agency because we need a LOT of help.

lmao he throws to his first read because we have nothing else to throw too. He hits moss it gets dropped, Robinson drops it and for all the crap he got on that Morgan throw if Josh actually turns his head around instead of waiting til' the last minute he could've adjusted and made the play. He gets no help whatsoever, from his OL, receivers or sadly his OC. This team is a joke and we are ruining a supremely talented QB so our OC can stroke his ego.

Kyle Shanahan is his own offense's worst enemy.  It bewilders me that he comes up with such creative and innovative plays, yet cannot just buckle down and call the simple zone running plays when the situation calls for it.  When the Redskins were up 21-7, and the game was somewhat in our favor, there was 3 straight possessions that 1 running play was called.  Keep in mind this was in a game that Morris already had 95 yards rushing.  So obviously the running game was working just fine.

Not only that, but even when Denver went 28 and 31 points with a whole quarter left... he CONTINUED the aerial crash burn which QUICKLY handed the ball back to Manning. Kyle acted as if Denver was 3 TDs ahead of us and we were in catch up mode. EvenTroy has more sense than Kyle.

Plan ? Plan? We don't need no stinkin' plan !

Kyle was too busy playing marbles to come up with anything creative; his creativeness was last year, now he's just another sucky OC.

I thought he was coming around, but I was wrong; he's the same guy Houston let go of because of the same thing; lack of constant adjustment.

The Broncos were giving up the most pass plays of 20+ yds in the league!  Kyle didn't know what to do and neither did his QB.

No excuse.  You keep with the run and short passes.  5 yards here, 6 yards here.  Keep Manning off the feild.  No excuse for the play calling.

I agree on the short passes.  I'm not sure all of the deep balls were play calls though.  That deep ball to a double covered receiver that RG3 rocketed after missing Morgan on first down was his choice.  There were several plays when RG3 had a check down option and didn't pull the trigger. On one he had Helu open on the sideline but ran around instead and ended up running around for no gain instead.  

Point is I think the lack of short passes weren't entirely on Kyle.  Normally one option will seek to stretch the field while other options are working to get open in different areas.  This is not to say I like Kyle's play calling.  He was killed for his play calling early last year too IIRC.  Before the skins went on a crazy winning streak. 

lmao he throws to his first read because we have nothing else to throw too. He hits moss it gets dropped, Robinson drops it and for all the crap he got on that Morgan throw if Josh actually turns his head around instead of waiting til' the last minute he could've adjusted and made the play. He gets no help whatsoever, from his OL, receivers or sadly his OC. This team is a joke and we are ruining a supremely talented QB so our OC can stroke his ego.

Not to mention we have a OL that is built for the running game and the ZBS, they totally suck, huge suck, at pass protection.

There's plenty of blame to go around but, I can't look past the O-Line as the #1 problem today. I mean, we have the single best LT in all of football and I will defend that statement to anyone. However, the rest of 'em are getting absolutely abused out there. Free runners right up the middle on almost every passing play. The only time RGIII has any time to throw is when we keep 7 or 8 guys in to block. Even then 'steiger is getting blown up.

POCKET!! WHAT POCKET???

Clearly RGIII still has to develop as a passer. That much is certain. But, I don't see how we can point the finger at him for not getting to his 2nd, 3rd, or 4th reads when the guy barely has time to look off his first read. How can we rip him for his accuracy issues when he can't step into his throws? 33 passes and he gets hit EIGHTEEN TIMES!! EIGHTEEN!! No exotic blitz packages or crazy zone coverage schemes either. Just simple line stunts with man-to-man coverage on the back end. Steiger, Montgomery, and Chester got man handled today.

The O-Line is an 80% rebuild.

Absolutely deserved this loss. Alfred had 7.1 YPC at one point.  

Two long scoring drives of 6-8 minutes with pounding Alf and slashing with Helu, keeping our defense fresh and Manning off the field would have sealed that game.  

****ing ridiculous that Kyle just decided to start throwing it all over the place, especially when the receivers kept dropping passes everywhere.  I'm not one to whine about playcalling every week but today was absurd.  

Of course no one asked Shanny in the postgame presser why they abandoned the pass and Kyle never has to face the music for anything like that.  

Over the past 3 years, I can count on 1 hand the times I said "Kyle had a great game plan". There are times when he runs a play in a game, with success, and that play isn't run again for several weeks. Sometimes, it's never called again.

That 4th down goal line call that Denver made to score a TD: Classic pick pass play. Same type of play Brady runs in NE. Run the 2 biggest WRs straight up the field, run the quick WR behind them cutting to the sideline. No one there to cover the quick WR. TD. Why hasn't Kyle added these type of pick plays to the offense? Hell, he should have run quick screen left, quick screen right, wheel route to Helu all night. Get the defense running sideline to sideline with a dose of Almo up the middle.

I just don't get it. There are 2 great RBs on this team and they don't use them. Helu had 1 reception today. That's almost as bad as not running Almo. Sad that Kyle gets a pass in all of this.

Plan ? Plan? We don't need no stinkin' plan !

Kyle was too busy playing marbles to come up with anything creative; his creativeness was last year, now he's just another sucky OC.

I thought he was coming around, but I was wrong; he's the same guy Houston let go of because of the same thing; lack of constant adjustment.

The Broncos were giving up the most pass plays of 20+ yds in the league!  Kyle didn't know what to do and neither did his QB.

It's a funny old game, as they say (or do over in England). I was really shocked at how little success we had against Denver through the air. Why do you think this was? 

THANK YOU!!! Yes, the ball to Morgan was behind him. it could have been a better throw. However, when I saw the replay, it was clearly a catchable ball. Morgan wasn't ready for it at all!!! He turned his around way too late for it and that meant he couldn't react to it when it got there. The pass was behind him but, I doubt he catches it even if its perfectly thrown. MORGAN WASN'T LOOKIING!!

Santana is a human drop machine right now and Aldrick is BRUTAL. SO frustrating.

You'd think they'd find a way to get our 3 best pass catchers on the field at the same time (Garcon, Reed, & Fred Davis) but I guess that's too obvious a solution.

THANK YOU!!! Yes, the ball to Morgan was behind him. it could have been a better throw. However, when I saw the replay, it was clearly a catchable ball. Morgan wasn't ready for it at all!!! He turned his around way too late for it and that meant he couldn't react to it when it got there. The pass was behind him but, I doubt he catches it even if its perfectly thrown. MORGAN WASN'T LOOKIING!!

Santana is a human drop machine right now and Aldrick is BRUTAL. SO frustrating.

You'd think they'd find a way to get our 3 best pass catchers on the field at the same time (Garcon, Reed, & Fred Davis) but I guess that's too obvious a solution.

It was completely catchable.  IMO, anything in the torso is catchable, even if it's on the back shoulder.  

The receivers just aren't good.  Aldrick can't catch with his hands, neither can Morgan I don't think.  Moss is at the end of his career, which is sad.  Garcon has been a disappointment this year, he's not a game breaker but probably a solid #2.   Hankerson hasn't been that great, either.

Of course when you have two wide open guys that could get big gains but your QB doesn't even see them, that's another issue altogether...

Sadly I too have seen enough from the Shanahans. I'm just not sure where we go from here with the next head coach. I'd like to see our defense go back to a 4-3 though. The 2nd half of this game was just a joke and Griffin was getting murdered. How can one expect Griffin to go through his progressions when there is constant pressure and he cannot step into most of his throws. 18 hits on 30 drop backs, absolutely pathetic. I would like to see he scramble more and then slide not sure what happened to his run game after the last two weeks but without the RO threat to freeze the defense and give our O-line the jump on them, our O-line is toast and a complete waste outside of Trent Williams. Sucks. Oh well onto the next one maybe the coaching staff will decide to run the ball.

It was completely catchable.  IMO, anything in the torso is catchable, even if it's on the back shoulder.  

The receivers just aren't good.  Aldrick can't catch with his hands, neither can Morgan I don't think.  Moss is at the end of his career, which is sad.  Garcon has been a disappointment this year, he's not a game breaker but probably a solid #2.   Hankerson hasn't been that great, either.

Of course when you have two wide open guys that could get big gains but your QB doesn't even see them, that's another issue altogether...

At the NFL level, the elite level of your craft, anything you get a hand on should be caught no excuses.

IM just wondering I live in Michigan. So I don't hear the press conference very often after games. My question is does anyone ask Mike any tough questions about play calling and coaching period. Or does everyone just **** foot around the tough questions.

Directives

A. To exonerate Fred Davis as the highest priority. 

B. Replace Paul with Robinson in our base offense

C. Expect this to be the week our OL can pass protect. Game plan for it and do not adjust if it fails. 

D. Run Morris and then surprise 'em by going deep. 

E. Tell Haslet to hang on, or just whatever. Again, sorry we didn't go 4-3, Jim.  

F. Tell the media we just need to practice better.  

Sad thing is, its the stuff off the practice field hurting our team.  The Shans are living in fantasy land thinking teams still buy into our play action for easy touchdowns.  That our OL can protect our prized asset with no rollouts needed. Dare I think our 2nd or 3rd best pass option for RG3 was inactive. We finally sat Paul... yet went to Robinson. While Denver has studs all over the field for Manning. Welker. *Thomas. Decker. On and on. 

We never had the ball up 14. After the DHall TD, the next time we got the ball the score was 21-14. We ran the ball on that drive and it stalled at midfield. Next time we got the ball it was tied at 21 and we ran two pass plays that worked perfectly from a a coaching perspective... Morgan was wide open on the first down play and RG missed him and Aldrick was open on the third down play and he dropped it.

We never had the ball up 14. After the DHall TD, the next time we got the ball the score was 21-14. We ran the ball on that drive and it stalled at midfield. Next time we got the ball it was tied at 21 and we ran two pass plays that worked perfectly from a a coaching perspective... Morgan was wide open on the first down play and RG missed him and Aldrick was open on the third down play and he dropped it.

I know I got on RG earlier, but I don't think he should take all the blame on this play. Don't you think Morgan should have turned his head a little earlier?

Archived