Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Surprised If Kirk Was Traded This Week?

End2round2sanders

Stop.

We're not trading anyone or trading for anyone.

Thank you.

Its not a good idea; trade Cousins away, ESPECIALLY to a division rival. You must be high to contemplate or even entertain this idea.

[ scenario ] 

Cousins is traded away; Griffin gets injured, pulled hamstring, broke finger, anything, and it keeps him off the field for a few weeks, AND

the Redskins are on a winning streak [ i.e. last season ] or battling for the NFCE crown.  You're willing to put Grossman in? Really?

Cousins is gone, no other options unless you want to give White a call; BUT, we got a draft pick. Alot of good that draft pick does you at that

time, huh...

I wouldn't put "serious playoff aspirations" and the Rams together. The Bears wouldn't bother unless they wanted a QB controversy for next year... and we don't  give aid and comfort to an enemy in our division. 

I would say... forget it.

Cutler is a FA at the end of the year who will want a lot of money and has not proven he can make it through a season unharmed. The last 3 Bears seasons have been derailed by Cutler injuries. Cousins could be a great out for the Bears FO. Could be something to consider in the offseason. 

Per Schefter the Rams called Brett Favre to gauge interest on his return. So perhaps they are in the market for a QB. I have no idea why they would do that. They have an excuse to bottom out and get a high pick, no reason to bring that train wreck Favre in. 

This might be the MOST value Kirk Cousins will ever have.  As soon as the offseason hits, his value will drop, since this years draft is stacked with QB's.  If we trade Kirk Cousins, we'd be able to pick up a quality backup QB prospect in the 4th round.

I'm not sure if we should, but if we want to trade him, now is the time.

Lol, ES is the craziest forum in the world. RG3 has a couple of bad games and 50% of ES members are like "PUT COUSINS IN RG3 IS OVER, WE WANT KIRK AHHHHHH"

Then, RG3 has a good game and 50% of ES members are like "TRADE KIRK WE CAN GET A FIRST ROUND SICK LEGIT WIDE RECEIVER WOOOOO"

Heres the truth whether you want to hear it or not:

We dont know if RG3 is good or not. We dont. We have to accept the possibility that last year was a fluke or that his knee made him a different player. Yes he had a good game last week, but what if he has a few bad ones in the next few weeks? The verdict is not in yet with how good of a qb Griffin is. I love him, I want him to be amazing, but I do see certain issues with him going through progressions and other things that are probably easily fixxed. Regardless, we have a second string QB behind him that could be amazing. And therefore, until Griffin is mentioned as a top 10 qb, or that we are all 100% sure without a shadow of a doubt that hes the real deal, then I'd look to trade Cousins. But, for now, Im holding on to Captain Kirk with all my might. Right now, the only way I trade Cousins is for a ridiculous price, like 1 1st rounder, a 2nd rounder and a 3rd rounder or something.

I agree w/Slateman.  We've gotta have a qualified backup.  Period.  As much as I would cheer for Rex, he ain't it. 

Kirk can get it done.  We drafted RGIII, and Kirk.  He's got great stats in college, just like RGIII.  He just hasn't gotten to play much.  But we've gotta keep him. 

Lol, ES is the craziest forum in the world. RG3 has a couple of bad games and 50% of ES members are like "PUT COUSINS IN RG3 IS OVER, WE WANT KIRK AHHHHHH"

Then, RG3 has a good game and 50% of ES members are like "TRADE KIRK WE CAN GET A FIRST ROUND SICK LEGIT WIDE RECEIVER WOOOOO"

We dont know if RG3 is good or not. We dont. We have to accept the possibility that last year was a fluke or that his knee made him a different player. Yes he had a good game last week, but what if he has a few bad ones in the next few weeks? The verdict is not in yet with how good of a qb Griffin is. I love him, I want him to be amazing, but I do see certain issues with him going through progressions and other things that are probably easily fixxed. Regardless, we have a second string QB behind him that could be amazing. And therefore, until Griffin is mentioned as a top 10 qb, or that we are all 100% sure without a shadow of a doubt that hes the real deal, then I'd look to trade Cousins. But, for now, Im holding on to Captain Kirk with all my might. Right now, the only way I trade Cousins is for a ridiculous price, like 1 1st rounder, a 2nd rounder and a 3rd rounder or something.

Post of the day. Sone of the **** I've read about him on here is literally insane. Now after one game, it all changes lol.

If he opens the Broncos game with a first quarter pick, it'll start again.

I've been saying that he has not been a worry this year. 

I think Kirk's value would be pretty high considering the talent coming out of the draft, but I would hope that our FO is aware of the lack of progression with Griffin in regards to his pocket passing (staring down targets, not reading the D). It's definitely possible though.

Previous knee injuries for RG3 or no, look how Cutler went down, just randomly.  I think Shannahan fully understands the importance of the backup.  Hell, I dunno how long Josh freaking McCown has been with the Bears, but his performance (mostly) showed what it means to have a guy in the system.  Kirk Cousins was born in our system, I want him around for as long as possible.

Im sure shanahan understand the importance of the back up, but that doesnt mean Cousins will want to stay a back up for the rest of his career. Im sure he wants an opportunity to run the show whether it be in washington or somewhere else.

• 3 weeks later...

So, for reasons we all know, I've been scouring 2014 free agent lists and draft outlooks.

At this point, our Defense has been so badly exposed, the idea of keeping 'a backup plan' for RG3 is laughable.

A 2nd rounder and a ham sammich should be jumped on. We need so much help building on D that a 2nd rounder goes a LONG way.

Look, in for a penny/;pound with RG3. Try another project in late 5-6th round this year at QB. But really, given the need, we HAVE to part ways. Further, it would prove to have been a solid pick Basically he won us a playoff meaningful game and likely recoup us a higher draft pick. The luxury of a 'backup plan' has left the building.

Frankly, none of us have seen enough of him anyway. Could be a bust.

SORRY, BUT HAVE TO VENT. GET PICKS NOW!!!!

Well, if teams aren't lining up to offer 1st round picks for him, maybe he's not that good. There were some teams that really needed a QB instead they opted to wait it out for the draft. That says a lot. He wasn't that good in the game we beat cleveland last year. He was already putting us in a hole with his INT in that game. Luckily Weeden was worse and gifted us a couple INTs himself. Focus on how the game was won instead of the fact that we won.

Well, if teams aren't lining up to offer 1st round picks for him, maybe he's not that good. There were some teams that really needed a QB instead they opted to wait it out for the draft. That says a lot. He wasn't that good in the game we beat cleveland last year. He was already putting us in a hole with his INT in that game. Luckily Weeden was worse and gifted us a couple INTs himself. Focus on how the game was won instead of the fact that we won.

Uhhh Kirk was 26-37 with 2 TD 1 INT and a rating of 104.4 against Cleveland last year. 

Again, at this point it's gonna be a pre-draft trade. So, hopefully enough interest is garnered. I'm HOPING for a 2nd rder. However, my point is, we cant get choosy, we have to unload him for a 3rd IMO. This defense is so far behind.

I looked at Defensive FA in 2014. A lot of good safeties. However, LB's not so promising. Further, I think we need Rob Jackson and Orakpo. Rak obviously gonna demand probably twice what he actually has earned over last few years. So, we got problems at LB.

Can somebody please tell me what our Def upgrade model looks like???? The O is fine and the Shanny's stay. Our D needs remodeling from coaching on down. Which bothers me, because may mean a 'learning curve' season to boot.

Uhhh Kirk was 26-37 with 2 TD 1 INT and a rating of 104.4 against Cleveland last year. 

He threw the INTs before the 2 TDs. Like I said, Weeden was awful and made it an easy win for us. We did a lot of gimmicky bootlegs to last us that one game until RG3 came back. It's not like Kirk was sitting behind that OL throwing darts all day. Plus, teams have been burnt the last couple of years trading for other team's back up (like Colb & Flynn), so I doubt any team would offer a 1st for him.

I don't see him traded for a second rounder. I don't think he's had enough exposure to prove anything. If RG3's knee gets banged up in say week 14 and we are sitting on something like 4-9 going into our last three games then I could see sitting RG3 for his own health and giving KC some exposure. I starting t feel confident, despite some of the flaws that RG3 has shown this year, that he's a keeper and will be productive for years.

Our D really does need a makeover at many spots including OC. Our offense is almost there although I think we need one more good target for RG3 besides Garcon and Reed. Good slot guy and someone opposite Garcon. I like Hankerson, but don't have confidence in him as the number two guy. He'd be great in four receiver sets.

The thing is we wasted 2 years to get a pick that might be 2 rounds better while we could have gotten someone who worked into the starting lineup

and if we didn't have him we probably miss the playoffs last year.  

I don't see him traded for a second rounder. I don't think he's had enough exposure to prove anything. If RG3's knee gets banged up in say week 14 and we are sitting on something like 4-9 going into our last three games then I could see sitting RG3 for his own health and giving KC some exposure. I starting t feel confident, despite some of the flaws that RG3 has shown this year, that he's a keeper and will be productive for years.

Our D really does need a makeover at many spots including OC. Our offense is almost there although I think we need one more good target for RG3 besides Garcon and Reed. Good slot guy and someone opposite Garcon. I like Hankerson, but don't have confidence in him as the number two guy. He'd be great in four receiver sets.

Matt Flynn has less exposure I think, and despite what people say about teams learning things don't change that much in the NFL.  

I agree, a 2nd rounder is a reach right now. But as far as RG3 goes as a keeper...no doubt. Made a lot of good throws in the past few weeks, even on that INJURED knee. He's def a keeper and has franchise quality, even 2 levels slower than last year. The WR target I'd like to get is Decker. Big dude, gots nose for the end zone, I think a nice fit.

Again, we need Defensive draft picks.Need to ship KC ASAP.

Hopefully Griffin stays healthy the rest of the year so Cousins doesn't have to play. 

After the season, I'd prefer a 2nd for Cousins, but I'd take a 3rd. As another poster stated, we can bring in some much needed fresh blood on defense with the possibility of drafting another project QB in the late rounds.

Archived