Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Could Beat Chicago But Looking At The Rest.

bonesbr549

Well Dallas is behind us and Chicago ahead.  I think we can take them, but when I look at the rest of the season, I only see two more that I really feel the way we are playing we will take.   I see a split with NY, and a possible win with the Falcons.    Depressingly I only see 4 wins.  I feel like the jack in the box on the island of misfit toys.  Maybe next year.     Sure does look like I've seen this movie before.   

I'm sure I will hear it for this, but as badly as we have been all season, we are only a handful of plays away from being 3-2 right now with a win over Detroit and Dallas. We didn't make it happen though and lost but I don't think it's as hopeless as many others. We were in position but didn't execute or finish when we could have. 4 of our next 5 are very winnable even with as bad as we have been, not including any improvement that might actually happen, Chicago, SD, Minnesota and Philly. 

Let's see how do after that stretch before we throw in the towel. 

Yeah, well, after we lost to Carolina, I gave us no chance of beating NY, Baltimore or Dallas twice. But there it is. You can't make week 17 predictions in October.

ok, ive been thinking about this a little bit...in the dallas vs philly game next week, who would we want to win that game, in case we even our record at 4-4 and need to play catch-up? im assuming we would want philly to win, right? cause between dallas and philly, i think philly is the worse team. so if we get some wins going, philly messing up down the stretch would be easier to see than dallas losing games down the stretch for the division race right?

ok, ive been thinking about this a little bit...in the dallas vs philly game next week, who would we want to win that game, in case we even our record at 4-4 and need to play catch-up? im assuming we would want philly to win, right? cause between dallas and philly, i think philly is the worse team. so if we get some wins going, philly messing up down the stretch would be easier to see than dallas losing games down the stretch for the division race right?

Cooley, I think we're at a point where we need to stop worrying about what other teams are doing and win some games.

But to your question, I guess you cheer for Philly because you would like the teams to split and you assume that Dallas will win down at Jerry World.  Looking at the respective schedules for the rest of the year, you might have to give the slight edge to the Eagles.  The way things are looking, the Birds should be in the mix for the NFC East for the rest of the year.

As for the Skins, I do think we start to turn it around in the W-L fairly soon......to some extent.  Unfortunately, I can see this team doing just enough to tease us all into thinking about playoff possibilities, but in the end, we lose just enough games to end up at 7-9. 

Anything could happen - the Skins are only two games behind with 10 left.  But Dallas has already played Denver and KC, which look like sure losses for the Skins.  Plus, the Skins still need to play SF and the Cowboys got to play the Rams from the NFCW.  And a loss to Philly would probably be fatal as well.  Someplace, the Skins need to get some quality wins, and I don't see them beating Chicago next week.  I'm not sure where those quality wins are going to come from.

Unfortunately, the losses won't get us a better draft pick, since only the Rams are going to benefit from that...

I'm by no means advocating for us to lose out, but to say that losing out doesn't help our draft is erroneous. We're only missing one pick, the first rounder. Getting a pick at he top of the 2nd round is still very valuable. Again, I'd rather win every game from here. But losses will get us a better pick.

Regardless everyone knows this team is not any good, but just looking strictly at records.  

If this team is at 3-5, the cowboys and eagles will have 4 losses after 8 weeks out too, meaning we are still going to be 1 behind in the loss column. 

This team can very well win the division because it stinks.  The injuries to Ware and Murray are going to hurt the cowboys alot 

We will go 2-2 the next 4 games wins in Minn and home against SD. That will make us 3-6. We will then lose to SF and KC and win two against the Giants (we are built to beat them) and then win at  Atlanta and Home against Dallas - this will make us 7-9.

Well Dallas is behind us and Chicago ahead.  I think we can take them, but when I look at the rest of the season, I only see two more that I really feel the way we are playing we will take.   I see a split with NY, and a possible win with the Falcons.    Depressingly I only see 4 wins.  I feel like the jack in the box on the island of misfit toys.  Maybe next year.     Sure does look like I've seen this movie before.   

Cool story dudette.

Minnesota's trying to change starting QBs in the middle of the year, does that make them a favorite?  And what have the Giants done to merit that consideration?  They have two more losses than us

If one looks at the records of the teams we have face thus far, they have ranged from mediocre to pretty darn good. I am not expecting some massive turnaround but I think we can get to 5 or 6 wins comfortably. That is no consolation but every team goes through its ups and downs and after shanahan evicerated our Special Teams,failed to improve the O-line, Robert coming off of injury and us not having any great targets or consistant third down backs, we are not too far off. With the cap money we will have next season, a chance to improve the O-line, Robert's baptism by fire this season as far as developoing his passing game under extreme duress and fletch's retirement, not to mention the easier schedule, I think next season we will see at least an even record and more home wins. The future is bright and I will enjoy the show no matter how pessimistic some of you are.

We only have one decenT safety playing... EJ biggest is filling in because Rambo is still learning... We couldn't re-sign key players bc of our cap penalty, but expect us to be much better next season.... RG3 looked better and will be much better next game

I thought we played really well, despite not scoring the TDs. Our defense played great too. STs we saw how the back end talent has been hurt because of the Mara fee.

I wish we won, but I liked what I saw.

I thought the D played well, but not the O. No protection and Garcon dropping passes. Our ST's were playing OK (except for punting)... until last night. Sure, we sucked, but the thing that pissed me off last night was that Dallas wasn't exactly playing lights out either given the two easy setups for 14 of their points w/one given (run back TD). Not saying that in the end we would have won, but it might have been at least CLOSE enough to where we MIGHT have.

How in the world can people think we can beat Chicago? They have a better QB, a potent running game and fairly intimidating receivers. If our offense can't execute against the cowboys and their off-the-stree D-line we're somehow suppose to fair well against Chicago's D? Lets not forget Hester also returns punts/kicks for them... There is no rationale reason to think we ought to be favorites.

That being said, I will hope the flip switches yet again. But that's all it is at this point, irrational hope.  

I think we lose the next two. Maybe three given Rivers has his mojo back.

Then, at 1-7, I the team throws the towel in this year could get epically bad.

Hail.

If that happens there is zero percent chance wholesale changes aren't made. Including Shanny. I don't think that happens though.

How in the world can people think we can beat Chicago? They have a better QB, a potent running game and fairly intimidating receivers. If our offense can't execute against the cowboys and their off-the-stree D-line we're somehow suppose to fair well against Chicago's D? Lets not forget Hester also returns punts/kicks for them... There is no rationale reason to think we ought to be favorites.

That being said, I will hope the flip switches yet again. But that's all it is at this point, irrational hope.

Bears defense is great at causing and capitalizing on turnovers--- but in general, they are pretty "eh." Detroit torched them and the Giants went up and down the field on them with a decent amount of ease. Bears defense is OK, not special at all.

Offensively, they are probably the second worst offense we will have faced this year.

RG's continued struggles have me uneasy about any game, but right now, I think we find a way this Sunday.

Regardless everyone knows this team is not any good, but just looking strictly at records.  

If this team is at 3-5, the cowboys and eagles will have 4 losses after 8 weeks out too, meaning we are still going to be 1 behind in the loss column. 

This team can very well win the division because it stinks.  The injuries to Ware and Murray are going to hurt the cowboys alot 

Didn't seem to bother them against the Skins. 

People need to be realistic....a bad team without a 2014 first round draft choice may be bad for 3-4 years.

Bears defense is great at causing and capitalizing on turnovers--- but in general, they are pretty "eh." Detroit torched them and the Giants went up and down the field on them with a decent amount of ease. Bears defense is OK, not special at all.

Offensively, they are probably the second worst offense we will have faced this year.

RG's continued struggles have me uneasy about any game, but right now, I think we find a way this Sunday.

RG III has been considerably looser with the ball this year. I think it's fairly likely he'll have a turnover or 2 this sunday. White this isn't the bears D of old, I would say it has played better football then the cowboys of late. The only thing we have going for us that we'll be home. Otherwise I don't see why we fair against the bears then say the cowboys. They're about the same as the Packers and  better then DET. So....yeah...

They're the third worst offense we will have played but they only differ from DET by 9 yards in those rankings. They're still in the top half of the league. Which should concern everyone. 

I think RG III will continue incremental improvements but we'll continue to fail in every phase of the game compared to the competition. This team has no mojo to it. I only see 2 or 3 realistic wins left on the schedule. 

Archived