Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Could Beat Chicago But Looking At The Rest.

bonesbr549

At present, the way the Skins are playing, I just don't think we are capable of beating anyone.

1/  The offense stinks.  The passing game is way off.   When you take a look at RG III's throwing motion, you will see that it's flawed.  It's not the same motion he had last year, prior to his injury.   This year, RG III is not planting his right leg, and rotating his hips when making the throw.  As a result, his accuracy and velocity are adversely impacted.

2/ Special team play is beyond pathetic.   This lot is anything BUT special.

3/  Defensively, our secondary is fragile.  Besides, Hall and Wilson, the rest are forgettable.

If that happens there is zero percent chance wholesale changes aren't made. Including Shanny. I don't think that happens though.

Bears defense is great at causing and capitalizing on turnovers--- but in general, they are pretty "eh." Detroit torched them and the Giants went up and down the field on them with a decent amount of ease. Bears defense is OK, not special at all.

Offensively, they are probably the second worst offense we will have faced this year.

RG's continued struggles have me uneasy about any game, but right now, I think we find a way this Sunday.

Agreed on wholesale changes.

As far as Detroit and NYG go... they are vertical passing teams.  The cover 2 scheme that Chicago runs is built to kill this offense.

Didn't seem to bother them against the Skins.

People need to be realistic....a bad team without a 2014 first round draft choice may be bad for 3-4 years.

If that happens RG will officially be a bust-- if he was still the QB at that point.

Our offense and defense had issues last night but let's be realistic, special teams lost that game for us. I actually saw some improvements in RGIII compared to earlier in the season and our defense did a better job than we'd seen in a while. I think we can beat Chicago too, but we have to stop the penalties and we have to continue RGII's development and stop ****ting the bed on special teams.  

If that happens there is zero percent chance wholesale changes aren't made. Including Shanny. I don't think that happens though.

Bears defense is great at causing and capitalizing on turnovers--- but in general, they are pretty "eh." Detroit torched them and the Giants went up and down the field on them with a decent amount of ease. Bears defense is OK, not special at all.

Offensively, they are probably the second worst offense we will have faced this year.

RG's continued struggles have me uneasy about any game, but right now, I think we find a way this Sunday.

The Bears have a good and balanced offense.  The Skins D looked good against Dallas once Murray left the game and the Cowboys became one-dimensional.  I expect a heavy dose of Forte and then Culter's got Marshall, Jeffries and Bennett to throw to.

The Bears D has lost Melton so they're not as strong up the middle, but our OL had problems against the Cowboy backups inside.  

Oh and they have Hester returning kicks.  

Well I really think that we are about to go on a run to get back in the race. Dallas is not that good and won at Jerryworld with a couple timely blown calls by the referees. That supposedly blocked into the ball call during the punt was a BS call. Any other team would have had the ball but Dallas gets the call of the century as per the normal NFL referees. But the Offense was off again and RGIII is still struggling. But it was the special teams that lost the game. We got rid of Danny Smith for who? He even made things worse by getting a penalty because he was in the refs way. Are you serious. But even with all that I am feeling they will turn the corner and start a winning streak that gets them back into the hunt at least. I even think they can beat Denver. Think I am crazy? Well maybe. But we only allowed Romo sits to pee less than 200 yards passing when the week before he threw for 508 yards against the Broncos. We even put up over 400 yards total offense against them to their 200+ yards but like I said it was the special teams that did us in.

The Bears have a good and balanced offense. The Skins D looked good against Dallas once Murray left the game and the Cowboys became one-dimensional. I expect a heavy dose of Forte and then Culter's got Marshall, Jeffries and Bennett to throw to.

The Bears D has lost Melton so they're not as strong up the middle, but our OL had problems against the Cowboy backups inside.

Oh and they have Hester returning kicks.

Bears offense is OK. Nothing special. Certainly not bad or easy to defend either, but not overly explosive or dynamic. And Cutler still has consistency issues and can be pressured. And of course, as always, our CBs fare better against bigger, slower WRs. Forte worries me because he is a good pass catcher and London can't cover backs anymore.

Match up wise, I think the Eagles, Packers, and Lions were tougher for us--I think the Bears O is about on par with Dallas.

Our offense and defense had issues last night but let's be realistic, special teams lost that game for us. I actually saw some improvements in RGIII compared to earlier in the season and our defense did a better job than we'd seen in a while. I think we can beat Chicago too, but we have to stop the penalties and we have to continue RGII's development and stop ****ting the bed on special teams.  

I agree.  I think the defense played their best game of the year.  Allbeit on short fields.  No telling what could've happened either way, though.

The rest of this year will be about RG3's development.

By the way...who got that pick yesterday, bro? :D

We will go 2-2 the next 4 games wins in Minn and home against SD. That will make us 3-6. We will then lose to SF and KC and win two against the Giants (we are built to beat them) and then win at  Atlanta and Home against Dallas - this will make us 7-9.

SF is entirely beatable.  So is KC.  We just have to play.   I still like Shannys so far, much better than hearing about the yellow and black. 

I dont understand how at this point people can sit here and actually think we are better than Chicago....lol

Only victory so far was against a team playing their backup.....and then released him b/c he's that bad the following week. We are in for a LONG season everyone...

It may very well be a long season...the staff may be out the door and I am not sold that RG is our future either, but.....the better team doesn't always win the NFL, not by a longshot. The difference between a 10-6 team and a 6-10 team is slim these days. It's a Pick Em game in Vegas for a reason.

Watch us beat Chicago and Denver, and then everyone on this board will start losing their minds....

Yes, if we win the next two, the board will go bonkers, but that isn't going to happen. I think a more realistic scenario is that we beat Chicago and lose to Denver. I then think a win over SD is logical, leaving us at 3-5 heading into the second half. At that point, you'd see a decent mix of emotions around here.

It is a little surprising that the Skins are a 1 point favorite right now.  I'm having a hard time seeing where the points are going to come from, even if Chicago's defense isn't what it once was.  They still have a better defense than Dallas and they have a better running game on offense.

Oddly, each team has only one win against the spread this year.

I think Chicago is ripe for the taking. Their defensive line is shot and they have to start their rookie MLB. Not to mention they have lost their starting safety and Tillman is hurt. So our offense should be able to get it rolling against this team, plus they run a 4-3 which is ideal for the read option. Denver will be emotionally drained after the trip to Indy and playing their heart out for Peyton. And San Diego will be making a second trip to the east coast in three weeks. So not saying we'll beat Denver but I know we can beat the Chargers and Vikings, so at worst if we get it together no reason we cant be 4-5 with momentum. I honestly think we'll be 5-4!

This team will be lucky to find itself 8-8 for the season. My prediction is that we will be getting a gift  basket from the Rams for being such a distinctly awful team. Which of course will get them an even better 1st round choice come draft time.

We can't even get the basics of this game done, tackling, blocking, special teams coverage, limiting penalties, giving up the ball.

My prediction for this years team records is 6-10. That is just how bad this team is.

Further I would say that after we lose to Chicago and Denver it might be time to give the ball to Cousins to allow him to develop and to see what he can offer as a quarterback.

I've been clobberred before for my realistic view of this team so I am ready to take the heat.

I have never been one to shy away from speaking truth to power and I believe my record on this site has been consistent.

Having been a fan since 67 I believe I know enough about football to be credible in my opinion.

This team has so many problems it would be unlikely it can turn the season around, but I would be very happy if it would happen.

I have very serious doubts.

My prediction for this years team records is 6-10. That is just how bad this team is.

Further I would say that after we lose to Chicago and Denver it might be time to give the ball to Cousins to allow him to develop and to see what he can offer as a quarterback.

I've been clobberred before for my realistic view of this team so I am ready to take the heat.

I must be funny.  To me 6-10 isn't really a bad team.  For a bad team to be 6-10 they have to have excellent luck.  6-10 is an average team that has bounces go against them.

At 1-6, it might still be a tad early to make that move and I highly doubt the brass would basically as they'd be fighting for their jobs. 

But when we are out of contention officially, I'd be all for Cousins coming in. Not for the reason you suggest, but to put tape of him out there in live action if we are serious about shipping him. 

Hail. 

If the Skins lose the next two games, the only reason to start Cousins would be to put on a dog and pony show for a trade in the off season.  This is a high risk proposition, since if he loses most of his starts, his value will be next to nothing and he's probably the only person on the roster that can be traded for something above a third rounder without losing a starter.  I don't think trading RG3 is a realistic possibility because of the injury, the significance of which would be greatly amplified if Cousins went on a win streak.

If Cousins were to come in and the team loses, then he would lose his trade value almost completely.  And there would be general despair about the future of the offense.  Maybe that would be a good thing, because they need to use the $15M in recovered cap space on the OL and WRs.

I legitimately think we have a good shot of beating Chicago and San Diego at home. I'm not convinced we will, but they're winnable games. Go into Minnesota 3-5 against a weak Vikings team and who knows? Other than Denver, this next month is quite manageable. 4-5 would be actually be a better start than last season.

Will that happen? I doubt it, but I'm not exactly quivering looking ahead. One of Chicago, San Diego and Minnesota may reach the playoffs, but these aren't exactly juggernauts and we have two of them at home. If we lose out, we're ****ing horrible.

Archived