Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Could Beat Chicago But Looking At The Rest.

bonesbr549

At 1-6, it might still be a tad early to make that move and I highly doubt the brass would basically as they'd be fighting for their jobs. 

But when we are out of contention officially, I'd be all for Cousins coming in. Not for the reason you suggest, but to put tape of him out there in live action if we are serious about shipping him. 

Hail. 

When we are out of contention, I think the focus of the season should be strictly to throw as much at your future QB as you can. Putting Cousins in for those games would indicate that the team is unsure of its direction at QB. To me, what we are seeing in Griffin's game is that he needs as many reps as he can get in a traditional passing offense. I wouldn't cheat him of that just in the hopes that Cousins slightly improves his trade value. I also wouldn't be looking to trade Cousins this off-season either.

I truly hope the Redskins organization is more confident in RG3 than the fanbase is. Taking learning opportunities away from our franchise QB to potentially boost the trade value of his backup? The hell?

If you guys want RG3 to learn humility, the second half of this season may be the perfect time for that.  :lol:

If we instantly became the team we were last year I could see us beating these teams and we'd still need help to win the division. I give it about a 5% chance:

Chicago

San Diego

Minnesota

Philadelphia

New York Giants

Atlanta 

Dallas

New York Giants

That would still only leave us with 9 wins and we'd have to win out in the division. Sadly, I just don't see this team getting it turned around, at least not to this magnitude. Not really sure I saw it coming last year either but I just can't see us beating Chicago and San Diego. 

Before anyone goes ape****, make sure you read my first paragraph and realize I'm saying this is what we'd have to do and that I'm not saying I think it will happen. 

We aren't beating Denver, and we likely aren't beating San Fran. KC is really good, but their style of play means the game will be close so we could have a chance at stealing it late.

Every other game is winnable, but we aren't substantially better than any of those beatable teams.

It's looking like a 5-11/6-10 type season. If RG3 plays well at the end of the year, I'd be happy, regardless of record.

Archived