Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: Redskins Sign T Troy Kropog

TK

September 25, 2013

REDSKINS SIGN T TROY KROPOG

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed free agent tackle Troy Kropog (Crow-POG) to the team’s practice squad. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. Kropog fills the roster slot vacated by tackle Xavier Nixon, who signed to the Indianapolis Colts’ active roster from the Redskins’ practice squad.

Kropog (6-6, 295) was originally drafted by the Tennessee Titans in the fourth round of the 2009 NFL Draft (135th overall). He has appeared in seven NFL games, all with the Titans from 2009-12. He was acquired on waivers by the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sept. 12, 2012, before being released three days later. He signed to the Minnesota Vikings’ practice squad on Sept. 18 that season and was added to their active roster on Dec. 7. He was released by the Vikings on Sept. 1, 2013.

Kropog, 27, played collegiately at Tulane, where he started 36 games for the Green Wave and was named team captain as a senior. He attended Archbishop Rummel H.S. in Metairie, La., where he lettered in both football and track and field. He was born on July 31, 1986.

How is this guy still PS eligible? :lol:

I saw his name and thought to myself... this dude is on Madden 2010!?!  Which is the only Madden I play... but I digress.

Bummer about losing Nixon, but Indy runs a blocking scheme more similar to the one he ran at Florida.

Trueblood and Pashos as starters for Oakland and Atlanta right? Look at the depth we got...well, had. 

Pashos was a really good run blocker... I agree he should have been kept over Polumbus. Oakland is the #1 rushing offense.

Trueblood was terrible, just terrible but I'm also not sure he's the full time starter there in Atlanta. I did see him on the sidelines however and saw his jersey and though to myself "there can't be a family of crappy Trueblood lineman, could there?".

Welcome to the team Tony...hope that you can contribute over the long haul.

:lol:  Was that by accident or on purpose?  Because it's brilliant with the right answer.

Pashos was a really good run blocker... I agree he should have been kept over Polumbus. Oakland is the #1 rushing offense.

I was very surprised that Pashos was cut.  And I believe he was the first one to go.  Pat freaking White...

:lol:  Was that by accident or on purpose?  Because it's brilliant with the right answer.

I was very surprised that Pashos was cut.  And I believe he was the first one to go.  Pat freaking White...

We just couldn't afford to let White go. I mean he is the eventual #2 fringe #1 QB on this team, plus if we released him, NFC East teams would immediately scoop him up, tie him to a chair in a dark room with a flickering lamp overhead and beat him until he spilled the secrets of our offense...

HA! That was completely by accident...however I definitely felt that we should have kept Pashos over White so that must have been my subconscious speaking

HA! That was completely by accident...however I definitely felt that we should have kept Pashos over White so that must have been my subconscious speaking

I thought you were implying that he would never see the field.  Kind of the ilk of the old Green Bay "We'll miss you Brent."  Too funny.

Trueblood was terrible, just terrible but I'm also not sure he's the full time starter there in Atlanta. I did see him on the sidelines however and saw his jersey and though to myself "there can't be a family of crappy Trueblood lineman, could there?".

I I would say Oak is pretty far off in terms of being the #1 rushing team (I'm not looking at total yards).  Pryor has ran a lot but McFadden hasn't done anything (3.9 yard average).  If you look at true running game then they are in the bottom half of the league so far.

We just couldn't afford to let White go. I mean he is the eventual #2 fringe #1 QB on this team, plus if we released him, NFC East teams would immediately scoop him up, tie him to a chair in a dark room with a flickering lamp overhead and beat him until he spilled the secrets of our offense...

And that worked out pretty well huh? My Dad told me to never waste the opportunity to shut up.

His name is Go Pork spelled backwards. Proof we're still trying in vain to recreate the Hogs, but going in the wrong direction. :(

Damn, we've signed an anagram.

If you spell Polumbus backwards, add a few letters, then take away the number you first thought of, you get Sub Par Pass Blocker :P.

Hope it works out for Nixon.

Archived