Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 16: Donald Trumps wins Presidency. God Help us all!

88Comrade2000

I think he's not interested in being a Senator for a long time. I think he wants to make bigger money than that.

Like Hillary? 

Senators seem to make plenty...or their families ;)

I was listening to Jerry Brown this morning on Meet the Press. I wish he would run....again. Even at 76, I wouldn't be surprised to see him beat Hillary.

Brown has done an excellent job in cleaning up Schwarzenegger's mess.

As for Cruz..I don't see him as a quitter like Palin. I think he will be there as long as his constituency wants his fake Reaganomics style politics.  

Ted Cruz better be getting well paid.  I think he's the second biggest fundraising tool the Republicans have.  (Second to President Obama.) 

Between the loons throwing money at him, and the people who actually have brains throwing money at anybody who's not a whackjob, he's got to be great for keeping the cash flowing. 

Like Hillary? 

Senators seem to make plenty...or their families ;)

She left and is making sick money. But she's also power hungry and wants to be the 1st woman President. I can't tell what Cruz's ambitions are.

Rand Paul supporters crashed Ted Cruz's presidential campaign announcement

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/rand-paul-supporters-crashed-ted-cruzs-presidential-campaign-announcement-2015-3#ixzz3VDhFYwnn

http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2015/03/23/394732942/republican-thorn-ted-cruz-announces-run-for-president

Ted Cruz and family practice waving.

What the hell is going on with his crotch? Does red, white & blue American Patriotism shoot from his penis?

ap964100852246-56c8734c0192f3a64799f01a1

Also practices kissing his wife:

ap684812953838_custom-3047cd510831106c37

We haven't been especially well served by recent American presidents. Might as well try a Canadian? Will we see a rise of the Democratic Birther movement?

I was listening to Jerry Brown this morning on Meet the Press. I wish he would run....again. Even at 76, I wouldn't be surprised to see him beat Hillary.

Jerry Brown is doing a terrific job out here, but he missed his chance to be President.  

Nationally, he would never be able to live down the Governor Moonbeam label anyway.  

Or the "Democrat from California" label.

We will see if Gavin Newsom can get away from it in about 10 years. 

As for Cruz..I'd say he does well at first and then gets creamed by a more centrist candidate (who will then have to go full fake religious right at the end to get the GOP nomination).

i know everyone else is gung-ho for term limits... but frankly we should invite MORE gubernors to come back after a decade or so out of the capitol.     I'm sure lots and lots of them are able to take a deep breath and look back (once they are out for a few years) and see things much more clearly, and see how they would do things differently.    people really do get on the job training that they just can;t get anywhere else.  

Of course.. there would also be some awful people that would've just learned better how to abuse the office.  

-------------------------------------------

if they weren't soooo damned old, it would be fascinating to see what Jimmy Carter round dos, or GHWBush part deaux would look like this time around?  

i know everyone else is gung-ho for term limits... but frankly we should invite MORE gubernors to come back after a decade or so out of the capitol.     I'm sure lots and lots of them are able to take a deep breath and look back (once they are out for a few years) and see things much more clearly, and see how they would do things differently.    people really do get on the job training that they just can;t get anywhere else.  

Of course.. there would also be some awful people that would've just learned better how to abuse the office.  

-------------------------------------------

if they weren't soooo damned old, it would be fascinating to see what Jimmy Carter round dos, or GHWBush part deaux would look like this time around?  

Yeah, Mike Huckabee seems extra crazy these days so I don't know about that. Seriously though, it seems like the governors that do a good job in their states don't really get looked at for President these days.

Cruz announcing at Jerry Falwell's University.

Do these faux politicians plan on campaigning for anything other than personality differences? Any policies that much different than standard GOP items?

Ted Cruz's Speech: My family lineage is relatable, somethings wrong with America, the solution to America is Christian voters voting for me, American jobs are gone due to government regulation. I am going to promise a bunch of stufd that sounds good, like "Standing up to Islamic terrorism" and "I will help give you affordable health care and insurance" -- without articulating how my plans will work. I am not going to forget my shout out to Reagan and I will collect your phone information so I can spam you with more false promise until my campaign dies out.

*Sigh*

Ted Cruz believes he will get all of the TEA PARTY vote. He believes the evangelicals will see that he's one of them and flock to him.  He also, feels he will get some of the Libertarian vote.  He believes all those voters who have stayed home; will come and not only give him the nomination but give him the Presidency.

I think the Dems would love for Cruz to be the nominee.  The Dems would probably do at least as good as Obama did against Mccain and Clinton did in his 2 wins.

Could he win the nomination?  Sure; but I think the mainstream Republican voter will be looking at other candidates.  They actually want to win.

Not that I don't think Dems are different. At this point Dems represent the status quo that has been around for 20+ years. They are not trying to rock the boat or fix many of these problems I have in the country, and even their last policy accomplishment was aimed at health care which is a problem.

Continue the wars, continue to favor big business, continue to support immigration.

I think the GOP "cures" are more laughable

Who was the last mainstream GOP Presidential candidate that ran and got nominated that didn't have to sell himself to the Moral Majority? Or at least skew farther right than ever before in his career?

so you agree a mainstreamer is a waste of time then

so you agree a mainstreamer is a waste of time then

How would anyone know?

The GOP hasn't let one be mainstream and run on mainstream moderate conservative agenda in a long time. Instead, the GOP keeps picking moderates and making them go right (and losing because of it).

Extremist views aren't electable at the national level. They might work in Podunk county in TexArKana but not on the national level. 

I mean Cruz talks about freeing people from government dependency, but what does he think about Medicare?

Isn't Medicare a huge elephant in the room regarding government discussion? Let's ignore all the docs who rely on getting paid as dependent...

Larry his goalposts moved, not mine....both McCain and Romney were clearly mainstreamers.

That he claims the Primary made them otherwise is just smoke and the move.

nice gif though

Larry his goalposts moved, not mine....both McCain and Romney were clearly mainstreamers.

Actually, they weren't. They simply were, compared to the extreme right wing.

Nonetheless, your comment was that the mainstreamers had done badly.

They haven't. They haven't seen the playing field. The GOP won't give them the ball.

To do a bad job, they'd have to be elected. And the GOP won't let them.

Archived