Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 16: Donald Trumps wins Presidency. God Help us all!

88Comrade2000

you seriously think the indictment is gonna hurt Perry?  :lol:

Well, in republican circles no but in a national election yes.

Perry will never overcome that first impression.  He foolishly thought he could run and still be governor and jump in late.  You want to run for President; you basically have to spend almost of all of your time running and basically ingnore your current job.

I would add Andrew Cuomo to the Dem list. 

Since Hillary may announce as soon as next month; I cross Andrew off the list.  He and that NY senator that succeed Hillary may run in the future but they will not challenge Hillary this time.  There is no real race on the Dem side.

• 2 weeks later...

way too early,but I wish the writer was correct about conservatives.....history says otherwise

Jeb will go as far as he wishes

Jeb will have the money, but if the Scott Walker wins 3 or all 4 of the February 2016 primaries/caucuses; he will have the big mo going into Super Tuesday. 

It's 3/18/2015. One year from now, we could very well have our nominees.  While the primary/caucus schedule isn't finalized yet; if you are going to be running for President, you need to be doing the following:

1.  Setting up your campaign organization
2.  Fundraising
3.  Officially launch your campaign

Right now, we know that February 2016 will have the Iowa caususes, New Hampshire Primary, South Carolina Primary and the Neveda Caucus/Primary.  That will be for both parties. For the Republicans anyway, the first 2 weeks of March the delegated will be proportionally awarded. After that, it's winner take all.  I don't know how the Democratic will be doing theirs. There will probably be at least one Super Tuesday in March 2016.

For the Dems, if you want to knock out Hillary; then you have to win probably at least 2 or those early states to have some momentum. You need to be announcing now, especially with her current problems.  Raising lots of money will be paramount.  Are there many Dems that will be able to that against Hillary?  She needs to suffer a fatal blow that basically renders her campaign unwinnable before most people will give up her.

For the Republicans,  all the candidates also need to officially announce now.  You are going to have to raise alot of money.  Jeb Bush is going suck alot of money from the establishment and their donors but he really isn't that popular with the actual voters. So there's an opening. Scott Walker, if he doesn't implode is clearly the front runner now.  Mario Rubio, better start convincing some people he's a better alternative to Bush than Walker.   Ted Cruz, Ben Carson may excite the tea party base but neither men will be going far.  Rand Paul will have his share of voters and may win some caucus but he won't be the nominee.  Christ Christie, he won't be getting much support.  Some of the other people will be running for jobs in a Republican administration or Veep or pushing a cause.  Huckabee won't do as well as he did last time because they are some other candidates that could actually get the nomination and satisfy the religious right.

It should get interesting very soon, as it already is.

Well, looks like this thread will be getting into full gear now.

Tomorrow, apparently Ted Cruz will formally announce his entry into the race.  Rand Paul, I think will announce on April 7.

http://www.chron.com/news/politics/us/article/Ted-Cruz-to-announce-presidential-bid-Monday-6150890.php

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/236476-20-republicans-wholl-run-for-president

Apparently, there already is one candidate in the race.

Mark Everson:   http://www.markforamerica.com/

Oh, the first post will keep a list of who's in or out.  Right now, despite all that activity; only Mark Everson has declared.  Mark, you should already drop out because you will be overshadowed quickly.

With Cruz set to announce tomorrow and Rand Paul shortly;  the front runners Walker, Rubio and Bush need to formally announce.  Also, anyone of the Dem side; who wants to challenge Hillary needs to announce.  Hillary, frankly needs to announce also.

I might move to Costa Rica if Cruz wins.

I hear it is nice, sounds like a win either way :)

Don't think he has much of a shot myself, course I didn't think Senator was happening either.

Tell the truth , would yaprefer him or Jeb? :lol:

I think Cruz being the very smart guy he is, has a plan here for his next career after this run. Of course anything can happen and the longest of shots lands him in the White House. I don't think any of us think he'll even make it to the general. 

But this is how he makes millions a year not from lobbyists. Radio/TV Shows. Books. Speeches, reality tv. The Palin route. 

Going to get really sick of him well before the election. That includes everybody who announces this damn early.

Next career?.....you think he is giving up his Senate job?

If he has the backers , all he does is expand his influence and voice and remain a Senator or POTUS.

only thing he loses is his Canadian citizenship. :P

Next career?.....you think he is giving up his Senate job?

If he has the backers , all he does is expand his influence and voice and remain a Senator or POTUS.

only thing he loses is his Canadian citizenship. :P

I think he's not interested in being a Senator for a long time. I think he wants to make bigger money than that.

Archived