Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

As A Redskins Fan, I Want The Truth ! Poll

GoSkins561

Redskins are lying?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. I see people accusing Shanny and the Redskins of lying all of the time, who thinks the Redskins as an organization needs to be honest with us, as fans?

• Yes, they need to be honest to us as fans
    • Yes, I am a season ticket holder, I feel like I deserve an honest explanation as a fan.
    • No, what happens in the locker room should stay in the locker room
    • No, They are privately owned, they can tell us whatever they want as fans.
    • You can't handle the truth!!

I voted the No what happens in Vegas yada yada...I think there are things we as fans should be told...but there are things that we shouldn't be privy to...it's part of the strategy...if you reveal your hand you have no real advantage ..you certainly don't want to give

opponents your weaknesses either...so be as honest as you can w/o jeapordizing strategy or players' health..

Because at the moment we have rapid speculation blaming the coaches/ 10 for not wanting to run/ outside influences et all.

This constant attention and speculation is serving nobody well. Least of all the team.

Hail.

As long as the team is on the same page and doesn't succumb to the pressure or feed the fire then I have no problem with the team being mum.

They are ultimately the ones out there losing, if they feel that the best way is to avoid the media then more power to them. As long as they work it out, we don't need to know anything.

Because at the moment we have rapid speculation blaming the coaches/ 10 for not wanting to run/ outside influences et all. 

This constant attention and speculation is serving nobody well. Least of all the team. 

Hail. 

But, what good does "knowing" do for the media or the fans?  Why do people give a rip?

But, what good "knowing" do for us the media or the fans?  Why do people give a rip?

The whole scheme appears to of changed from last year to the point the O is absolutely dead and ZERO threat to anyone without the threat of 10's legs. There's been constant back and forth talk on him running ever since the injury to the point his family piped up with what should happen. 

Doesn't that at least concern you enough to want to know exactly what's going on here?

Hail. 

Personally I don't think us fans/media could handle the truth. lol

For example audio recording just was released on Bo Pelini behind closed doors saying how he really feels about the NU fans/media. They want to crucify him at Nebraska. hahaha 

PS... I was going to post the recording but it had vulgar language in it, but you can youtube it if you want to hear it for yourself. 

The whole scheme appears to of changed from last year to the point the O is absolutely dead and ZERO threat to anyone without the threat of 10's legs. There's been constant back and forth talk on him running ever since the injury to the point his family piped up with what should happen. 

Doesn't that at least concern you enough to want to know exactly what's going on here?

Hail. 

I hate every media poop storm we have been through over the past 10 years and would prefer the organization and RG3 went silent while working on all of the perceived issues internally, just think of how nice it would be if our coaches and players were not required  and chose not to discuss any internal matters with the media. 

I think Shanahan is actually pretty candid whenever being candid isn't a big tactical disadvantage. As much as can be expected from a coach. If people want more, they're not going to get it from any coach.

I think there is a culture of "gotcha" journalism that punishes coaches and players for candor. They report stories with poor understanding of context/perspective because sensationalism is how they compete with each other.

And I think Shanahan's job is of a very technical nature, and that NFL fans/media are football illiterate. I think they simply could not understand Shanahan if he spoke with candor on the technical aspects of his job, and it's the same for every coach. I don't think people even know what questions to ask really.

I think the discourse about the NFL among fans/media is awful compared to other major sports leagues. There are exceptions, but in general, the NFL media does a poor job and fans are mostly laymen with very little connection to and understanding of the league and the game itself.

And I think the NFL likes it this way and it likes being able to so successfully sell the drama of the league and keep a largely mainstream fan base.

Hail. 

The only part about that is,  well, there's alot of parts to it.

If RGIII is scared, its hard to run the RO. If the RO is figured out and stopped, whats left? The RO should be an accessory pkg, not the side dish, main course, and dessert, because if its stopped then the offense becomes predictable. It gets into creativity in playcalling by Kyle and RGIII shaking off the mental rust.

BTW, cookies are in the mail ! :)

As was mentioned above, Shanahan is reasonably candid about things that aren't tactical or strategic in nature.  He's not like some coaches who tell us nothing, he tells us what he can without compromising the team.

I think that sometimes the view that Shanny lies comes from sensational media pieces.  The media was constantly talking up some big conflict between Robert and Mike, and when they said there wasn't really one, people act like someone isn't telling the truth.

As was mentioned above, Shanahan is reasonably candid about things that aren't tactical or strategic in nature.  He's not like some coaches who tell us nothing, he tells us what he can without compromising the team.

I think that sometimes the view that Shanny lies comes from sensational media pieces.  The media was constantly talking up some big conflict between Robert and Mike, and when they said there wasn't really one, people act like someone isn't telling the truth.

Exactly, it's like their whole deal is well because we THINK this is what is going on, if you don't admit we are correct on what's going on....you are lying to us.

Shanny could insist in his pressers that the sky is green and the grass is blue for all I care.  "He's lying to us"  

Yup, and so what.  Who cares what he tells them, or us for that matter.

Archived