Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ios 7 Is Available For Download!

Springfield

I just did it on my phone over wifi.

Settings ---> General ---> Software Update

Yeah I got wise and did that. then I had to spend an hour deleting unused aps, photos and music to make room for the download.

It started out telling me 3 hours remaining but it's been about an hour and it's now saying 45 minutes.

I've got Starbucks wifi I use at work. Started with 2 hours. Then went to 3. Then 8. At one time it was at 18 hours. Finally said screw the over air & lets's try iTunes. iTunes started at 4 hours & is currently at 2 hours but hasn't extended time out like wifi was doing. 

I don't get it, I thought I downloaded it, took about 7 minutes.  Then I agreed to the terms and it says software update is unavailable. try again later.

I got that as well. You just have to keep pushing through and hope that it works. Took me about 15 minutes to get it to work but once it starts installing, you'll be good to go.

I don't get it, I thought I downloaded it, took about 7 minutes. Then I agreed to the terms and it says software update is unavailable. try again later.

1. turn off wait 5 minutes then turn on

2. Turn off wifi

3. Hard Reset (hold the home and on off button at the same time until restart)

4. Turn on wifi

5. Click install and it should work

Saw this and it did work for me. Don't know if I was lucky or it's for real.

Well ... my mind is blown. This update is certainly ... very radical

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505143_162-57603408/install-ios-7-today-heres-whats-new/

I downloaded it today. The UI is much better. Really like what apple did with this one. 

They basically caught up their OS with Android's capabilities.  About time.  I was sick of watching my wife struggle with basic things like switching apps, and not having an android version of the "control center" !

One thing I am curious of is if their "Air Drop" works with Androids.  I constantly take pictures/video and transfer them to my tablet.   I have to email and/or good drive/share them with my wife.  If I can transfer them to her easier that would be nice.

1. turn off wait 5 minutes then turn on

2. Turn off wifi

3. Hard Reset (hold the home and on off button at the same time until restart)

4. Turn on wifi

5. Click install and it should work

Saw this and it did work for me. Don't know if I was lucky or it's for real.

Too much work. :)  I got the same message after my download and hit update anyway. It worked fine.

I like it but I think they went a little too far with the super thin font. It looks beautiful but it's a little hard to see at times.

Then again I may be used to it by tomorrow. LOL

Too much work. :) I got the same message after my download and hit update anyway. It worked fine.

I wasn't so lucky, I tried it like 10 times and no go, read on line people trying over 30 times and getting the same error. I never got an update button, just a grayed out install button that did nothing when you hit it

I like the web browser but there is one thing I'll have to get used to. I used to hit the top of the screen to go to the top of a page, for instance if I were on ES and I wanted to go to the top of the page so I could go back to the tailgate I'd hit the top of the screen to go to the top of the page.

Now when I hit the top of the screen it brings up the address field. I have to hit it again to get to the top of the page.

I do like how the bottom goes away as you scroll down.

I know. First world problems.

I'm also going to give iTunes Radio a chance to unseat Pandora as my music service of choice. I do like the options in iTunes Radio of what kind of music you want to play on a certain station (hits, variety, discovery). I'll be playing around with this as time goes by.

Yeah I think iTunes radio may put Pandora out of business. Pandora already had enough competition with the various browser services and now you can access iTunes songs and the iTunes radio in one spot. Bye bye pandora.

I say that, but then in my own iPhone centric world forget that there are others who don't use an iPhone ... so pandora will survive

I tried Spotify, their free radio service really. I didn't like it. It wasn't playing music I wanted to hear.

I've got like 4 or 5 Pandora stations that I hardly ever have to give a thumbs up or thumbs down to because they are always playing music I like.

If iTunes Radio can't do that, then I'll go right back to Pandora. I don't know if Spotify or iTunes Radio use the same type of technology that Pandora does but Pandora is incredibly efficient at creating stations that play music that I want to hear. I want to hear music that sounds a certain way, not music that other people who like what I like are listening to.

One thing I have not figured out how to do on iTunes radio I like on Pandora is have it play songs randomly from your stations you set up.

I'm not sure I follow.

I'm not sure I follow.

For instance I have a 70s station a Bluegrass station a Johnny Cash station and a Wicked a Beatles station etc... I can set pandora to randomly play songs from those stations without me having to change any station. So I always get a good eclectic set of tunes.

For instance I have a 70s station a Bluegrass station a Johnny Cash station and a Wicked a Beatles station etc... I can set pandora to randomly play songs from those stations without me having to change any station. So I always get a good eclectic set of tunes.

I see. I don't know if I've seen that in there yet.

Perhaps something for a future update.

Archived