Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ios 7 Is Available For Download!

Springfield

Since we are on the topic of music does anyone on the board use iTunes Match?

I have literally 20-30 thousand songs on my computer and the though of being able to access them through the cloud sounds pretty cool. The reviews I've read are generally poor though. Things like songs not uploading, songs replaced with censored versions, wrong versions of the songs uploaded. Anybody here use it?

iOS 7 sucks. Apple is right back to where it was when Jobs left the first time. Complete fail by apple. Even their new ads are copying the old Microsoft strategy. More people use it than anything else, so be a sheep and stay on the bandwagon.

I can't believe how ugly the interface is. Apple is about clean minimalist design not cartoon colors.

I like the camera software update, but that's it. I have a lot invested in my apple products but the Galaxy is looking better and better to me. If they are going to do a bad copy of android might as well switch to android.

You can't skip anymore than Pandora on the ITunes radio. I think it's like 5 or 6 skips in a certain time period.

Love the new look. Slick and smooth. The only gripe would be you can no longer close all the apps down like you used to be able to do through double pressing the home button. (Unless I'm missing something.). Power saving, however small, is vital with all the apps on these things.

Oh yeah, just under 10 minutes. When I read some of the posts looking at hours, I have to ask if y'all are still on dialup. Lol.

HAil.

Clean minimalist design doesn't mean absent of color. Apple has always gone to and away from color under Jobs. Remember the colored iMacs? Colored iPod mini's, etc. Ivy lead the movement to aluminum, black, and glass, and led this one. It isn't in spite of Jobs.

Overall first impressions with iOS7:
- seems battery is draining faster, I don't know if that is the new OS or me playing around with it more to figure it out
- love the way to cancel out of apps
- dislike the new swipe to delete emails version, there was nothing wrong with the old swip (unless I did it wrong)
- love the new safari feel, and remembering passwords (especially nice for BBs)
- like consolidating all my apps and basically going back to one screen with my folders
- weather app is very nice
- calendars ... I am just not use to it yet but first impressions are they made it more difficult to quickly view
- I don't see the need for the photo filters etc. but I don't like instagram etc. so no benefit there

Overall it seems to look and feel much nicer on the bigger iPad than the iPhone 5, but I'm glad they made some of the functional changes. Hopefully they tighten up some of the areas and the battery thing is initial.

I think it's overall very "meh." I don't really like the flatness, the colors but I'll probably get used to it over time. I don't think there's much that's really better with it, just different ways of doing the same things.  Sure, it's a nicer way to close out apps, the interface with safari may be better but...as far as groundbreaking advancements, it doesn't do anything special.  

Safe to say that Apple has really fallen behind here.  I must admit I've seen some Droid/samsung phones and thought, "Damn, that looks pretty nice" but I don't like the idea of making the jump just yet.  Tempting, though.  

I will say iTunes radio is really nice, I've been listening for awhile and haven't heard a commercial yet.  They're probably able to go commercial-less due to the fact that you can one tap and purchase a song very easily while it's playing.  It's a free service but they'll sell more songs because of it.

LOVE the swipe up for Bluetooth.

Double tapping the browses to get a back button, not so much.

One thing I've noticed is that if you start scrolling up moderately, the search/address field get bigger (so you can hit the top of the page and go to the top) and the back button disappear.

More complicated than the last browser but it saves the double tap.

Another thing that I don't like about the browser is when you open a new tab or go to the address/search bar it brings up apple/Disney/ESPN/yahoo instead of bookmarked sites. I'm never going to any one of those site, bring up what I use the most or have bookmarked. Waste of space.

Ok, fixed that. Just had to add the sites I want to favorites and delete all the pre-loaded stuff.

Okay can someone explain something to me?

I just got a new macbook pro (2 days ago) and last night it said I had a software update. The update was for iOS7.

I thought that iOS7 upgrade was only for iPhones and iPads. Can someone clarify if all macbooks and imacs are getting the upgrade as well?

Okay can someone explain something to me?

I just got a new macbook pro (2 days ago) and last night it said I had a software update. The update was for iOS7.

I thought that iOS7 upgrade was only for iPhones and iPads. Can someone clarify if all macbooks and imacs are getting the upgrade as well?

I think you might have misread the update. There was an OS X update, and iTunes 11 and 11.1 to prepare for iOS7 and iTunes radio.  If not do you have a screenshot?

Did they say why or do you have a link?

It was a lead story at CNN. Probably still there. They gave several reasons, actually. The main one being, let them fix the 'bugs' before you waste your time downloading it. Plus, you can't go back to your old OS once you do. Also said it could sap your battery life, etc. It was an interesting article.

Did they say why or do you have a link?

Maybe he's talking about this?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/18/tech/mobile/ios-7-upgrade-faq/index.html?hpt=te_r1

Older devices can experience frustrating performance issues when upgraded to a new OS. The iOS 7 software was designed specifically for the hardware that's faster than your trusty old iPhone 4. If your device is anything older than the most recent generation, it might suddenly slow down, and battery life can suffer.

I think you might have misread the update. There was an OS X update, and iTunes 11 and 11.1 to prepare for iOS7 and iTunes radio.  If not do you have a screenshot?

I think I know what happened. My phone is synched to the macbook apparently and the update i saw on the macbook was actually meant for my phone

Archived