Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ios 7 Is Available For Download!

Springfield

Best feature....blocking calls!  

Btw, I'm disappointed I can't zoom video with my 4S...why couldn't they have made that available  for the 4s?

Also if you want to save some battery life turn reduce motion ON. This will reduce the motion of the home screen parallax  effects...floating clouds, etc.

settings>general>Accessbility>Reduce motion

Yeah I think iTunes radio may put Pandora out of business. Pandora already had enough competition with the various browser services and now you can access iTunes songs and the iTunes radio in one spot. Bye bye pandora.

I say that, but then in my own iPhone centric world forget that there are others who don't use an iPhone ... so pandora will survive

Pandora will indeed. Google play didn't do much to is market, and there are far more Google phones that iPhones out there.

I'm curious on the reviews though. Do people like iOS 7?

I think that the largest difference is the look. I think the function is generally the same.

I don't use the notification center or the control center very much. The only difference for me will be turning bluetooth on and off as I need it versus just leaving it on all the time.

The new pictures layout is different. I don't know if I'd say better but it is definitely different. At first glance, I think it's cool I just don't know how much time it'll save. The camera functions are just trendy add ons. I don't need any filters on my pictures and I square picture doesn't do much for me.

The Internet browser, which I've probably had the most time with is improved but not without fault. My main complaint being that you have to double tap the too of the browser to get to the top of the page. Switching between tabs seems a little slower but that may be because I'm using an iPhone 4S.

Multitasking is an upgrade but it's only minor in my opinion. I like the ability to swipe up to close apps. I thought that the apps would update in the background though, meaning when I leave my Facebook app to play Words With Friends my Words game would be loaded already, it isn't. I still have to wait for Words to load and then when switching back to Facebook, I have to wait for that to load again.

Many of the apps haven't updated yet and still retain the old iOS 6 look. Back button, keypad, etc now look old and don't match the rest of the OS. Minor complaint and not Apple's fault. Just pointing it out.

So, as I see it. iOS 7 is a much nicer looking way to do the same stuff. The functional changes are minor and some changes slightly improve the experience while some slightly degrade it. It's better but not revolutionary.

Archived