Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Es Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: Skins At Packers Final

TK

You'd think last year would've taught some of the posters here (and it's ALWAYS THE SAME CROWD) not to start labeling the season, the staff or the players because of a few bad losses.

This team has the ability to get hot. I still believe that no matter how bad they've looked thus far.

Enough judging and give the team that gave us our first NFC East championship since 1999 last year some patience.

Agree completely...it's week 2...did I think that we would be 0-2 to start the season...not at all...we have issues to work through but I'm not jumping ship on this season just yet. 14 more games to go.

The man's actions this summer deserve him to be called nothing less than an embarrassing jerk. 

We need to start handing out double contracts so Parents can oversee their sons careers huh? 

I'm gona' step back from this before I really upset someone's feelings on RGII's mouth. 

Hail. 

Seriously Gibbs,

His father isn't the reason Mike and Kyle's offesne is inept. His father isn't the reason our offense is putting our defense is terrible situations throughout the game. His father isn't the reason we're 0-2.

I'm not following your line of reasoning and if your going to be classless with your opinion maybe you should keep it to yourself sir.

Calling the man's dad a jerk? A man who've served his country and raised a good outstanding young man. Last week you blamed the fans, this week you're blaming the dad. You need to get a grip.

Ok, this stuff needs to stop. Just because he served the country doesn't give him carte blanche to come out to the media about how the Skins aren't using his son properly.

He can have his opinion, and he can even go to Shanny about it. But to come out in the media and announce it to the world that he doesn't like how the team is using his son?

That's borderline what Archie did with Eli, and everyone roasted him over the coals. And (at least in football matters) Archie carries more weight than Robert's dad.

You'd think last year would've taught some of the posters here (and it's ALWAYS THE SAME CROWD) not to start labeling the season, the staff or the players because of a few bad losses. 

This team has the ability to get hot. I still believe that no matter how bad they've looked thus far. 

Enough judging and give the team that gave us our first NFC East championship since 1999 last year some patience. 

And "homers" vs "realists" pt 2 begins....lol

I agree with you on the first part about Robert; it's mental.

I disagree with you on the second part; I don't blame "his camp." It's strictly between his ears. And I believe he'll get it worked out.

I also believe that Mike and Kyle have not called a good offense in these two games. We do NOT look like last year, and that's not all on Robert. Because the rest of the offense looks out of place as well!

See, and I think that they are calling the offense based on what Robert has told them that he would run.

And I think that's a problem.

I would REALLY like to be wrong.  But they need to do things very differently.  

And if he's not going to run the RO, then they need to get him under center and start the more traditional Houston/Denver style offense. More boots, waggles, rollouts, etc.

"embarrassing jerk"

"surrounded by some poor people"

It's his father....his father. He was concerned that his son had his career ended or threatened. Get out of here with that, you are better than that.

Clearly you don't get it.  When you get famous, you have to completely abandon your parents, their opinions and recommendations.  It really takes a toll on the fans and just simply isn't fair.

I think he just needs more time.  The problem obviously is, the season's here and he's out of time.  We're having to watch his reacclimation period.  It used to be you had a season before people expected the same old guy back.  You don't have that luxury anymore. 

More time will help. To be sure. 

And if it's just that he's rusty, and he's missing some throws and reads, eh, that's fine.  He can work through that.

What is MUCH more concerning to me is if he forced the team to change the offense because he believes that it will keep him safer.  If that's the case, and I don't know if it is or not, but given what we've seen in the play-calling, it's definitely possible that's a really big deal. And will cause a lot of problems. 

No one is mad at Robert II for having an opinion. He's III's dad, he's going to have one. He can even go to Shanny and the organization about it.

BUT HE SHOULD DO IT PRIVATELY.

He does no one any favors by coming out to the media about how we aren't using III properly. 

That's what makes him the jerk. Doing it publicly.

Seriously, this is almost exactly what Archie did with Eli on draft day, and we roasted the guy over the coals for it.

Ok, this stuff needs to stop. Just because he served the country doesn't give him carte blanche to come out to the media about how the Skins aren't using his son properly. He can have his opinion, and he can even go to Shanny about it. But to come out in the media and announce it to the world that he doesn't like how the team is using his son? That's borderline what Archie did with Eli, and everyone roasted him over the coals. And (at least in football matters) Archie carries more weight than Robert's dad.

And does that have anything to do with this team stinking it up 2 weeks straight?

No one is mad at Robert II for having an opinion. He's III's dad, he's going to have one. He can even go to Shanny and the organization about it.

BUT HE SHOULD DO IT PRIVATELY.

He does no one any favors by coming out to the media about how we aren't using III properly. 

That's what makes him the jerk. Doing it publicly.

Seriously, this is almost exactly what Archie did with Eli on draft day, and we roasted the guy over the coals for it.

Thanks bro'. 

I was beginning to think I was the only one that could see it. 

Hail., 

Ok, this stuff needs to stop. Just because he served the country doesn't give him carte blanche to come out to the media about how the Skins aren't using his son properly.

He can have his opinion, and he can even go to Shanny about it. But to come out in the media and announce it to the world that he doesn't like how the team is using his son?

That's borderline what Archie did with Eli, and everyone roasted him over the coals. And (at least in football matters) Archie carries more weight than Robert's dad.

If I remember correctly - Archie threatened Eli hold out. That's why he was roasted rightfully so.

RG2 answered a question in which he stated that running QB's have never won anything of note.

A little different.

RG2 has every right to say whatever he wants to whomever he wants.

Mike and Kyle S. are responsible for the gameplan. That's it. To think that they cave to RG2 because of a handful of statements made in an interview is a bit much.

Hail.

I'm really worried about this team. It seems that the offense can't score outside of garbage time and the defense is nowhere to be seen. I know we have a couple of rookies DBs, but I saw too many missed tackles, players caught off balance. I really hope we will be able to turn things around like last season.

Archived