Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Es Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: Skins At Packers Final

TK

Seriously?

Because he served his Country that gives him the right to interfere with how this ball club goes around things?

Well Hell, why do we even bother paying the coaches. Let Robert Senior decide our game plan. He's earn't the right tp decide how his sons career plays due to his Military service. 

I stand corrected. 

Hail. 

GHH --

Why are you going full retard on Papa RG?  Last I checked, he isn't signing players, cutting players, naming the starters, substituting players, or calling plays. That hot mess is being done by the Shanahans and Haslett. And two games into the season, they suck! But I fail to see where RG2 can be blamed for ANY of it!

If I remember correctly - Archie threatened Eli hold out. That's why he was roasted rightfully so.

RG2 answered a question in which he stated that running QB's have never won anything of note.

A little different.

RG2 has every right to say whatever he wants to whomever he wants.

Mike and Kyle S. are responsible for the gameplan. That's it. To think that they cave to RG2 because of a handful of statements made in an interview is a bit much.

Hail.

You're right, he can answer however he wants. But by saying what he said, he doesn't do anyone any favors. He could have (and probably should have) said something on the order of "any concerns I might have will be addressed to the coaching staff and management" and left it at that.

Meanwhile, Reggie Bush just tweaked his knee again.

I disagree with you, RGIII has over 600 yards passing and 5 TDs in 2 weeks. He can be an elite QB throwing and using his mobility to extend plays and when protection breaks down. However we need to commit to the identity of a passing team not a running team to get the production earlier while it still matters.

He has almost all of these yards in garbage time.  Sure the Eagles were bringing some pressure, and to some extend, so were the packers.  

I just really think that there is a difference if you get those yards after the game is decided vs. when it is competitive.

We'll see.  Nothing would make me happier to see Griff really mature as a pocket passer throughout the game.  

GHH --

Why are you going full retard on Papa RG?  Last I checked, he isn't signing players, cutting players, naming the starters, substituting players, or calling plays. That hot mess is being done by the Shanahans and Haslett. And two games into the season, they suck! But I fail to see where RG2 can be blamed for ANY of it!

He isn't being. 

The point being made was that RGII has ZERO right to stick his oar in publicly about how we utilize his son. When we start employing guys family, they can start having a view on what we do. Until then, SHUT THE HELL UP AND KEEP OUT OF OUR BUSINESS!

Robert has some bad advisors. This continued sideshow does him, his football, or ultimately the Washigton Redskins NO good at all. 

Hail. 

He has almost all of these yards in garbage time.  Sure the Eagles were bringing some pressure, and to some extend, so were the packers.  

I just really think that there is a difference if you get those yards after the game is decided vs. when it is competitive.

We'll see.  Nothing would make me happier to see Griff really mature as a pocket passer throughout the game.  

I agree the production has come late but it's come when we have gone spread and passed it. Id like to see us start games in that mode and then mix in the running game when we get the defense on its heels.

He has almost all of these yards in garbage time.  Sure the Eagles were bringing some pressure, and to some extend, so were the packers.   I just really think that there is a difference if you get those yards after the game is decided vs. when it is competitive. We'll see.  Nothing would make me happier to see Griff really mature as a pocket passer throughout the game.  

Thank you. I'm glad someone responded to that.

You're right, he can answer however he wants. But by saying what he said, he doesn't do anyone any favors. He could have (and probably should have) said something on the order of "any concerns I might have will be addressed to the coaching staff and management" and left it at that.

Meanwhile, Reggie Bush just tweaked his knee again.

Absolutely...perhaps he could have been more diplomatic about what he said...but to start lashing out at RG2 because we think that those statements to GQ and the Washington Post are the reason that Mike/Kyle aren't running te RO is a bit much.

RG2's statements have no weight whatsoever on the gameplan.

The gameplan is the domain of the coaches. RG2 and whatever he says or doesn't say have no impact on what the Skins do.

No one is mad at Robert II for having an opinion. He's III's dad, he's going to have one. He can even go to Shanny and the organization about it.

BUT HE SHOULD DO IT PRIVATELY.

He does no one any favors by coming out to the media about how we aren't using III properly. 

That's what makes him the jerk. Doing it publicly.

Seriously, this is almost exactly what Archie did with Eli on draft day, and we roasted the guy over the coals for it.

No! That was a dad AND a player flat out REFUSING to play for a team that drafted him! Like a spoiled child, he demanded to be traded because he didn't want to play in a small market like San Diego. Eli was an egotistical jerk threatening to sit out because of who his father and his brother were. THAT'S why he got roasted over the coals.

I agree the production has come late but it's come when we have gone spread and passed it. Id like to see us start games in that mode and then mix in the running game when we get the defense on its heels.

See, and I think you've hit the problem right on the head.  That is NOT the way that Shanahan runs his offense.  It starts with the run game.  

So, here's the problem: They try to run.  Because Robert has taken himself out as a threat to run, the run gets stuffed early. 

Then they end up in 3rd and longs.  Which they are not that good at.

Then they get behind, and they start to pass a ton, and it works better.  Then they can run.  

So, it's all backwards.  Shanahan likes to run to set up the pass.  But what has happened in both second halves is that they have passed, and then that opens up the run.  

I'm not sure that Shanahan can change his approach.  

He isn't being. 

The point being made was that RGII has ZERO right to stick his oar in publicly about how we utilize his son. When we start employing guys family, they can start having a view on what we do. Until then, SHUT THE HELL UP AND KEEP OUT OF OUR BUSINESS!

Robert has some bad advisors. This continued sideshow does him, his football, or ultimately the Washigton Redskins NO good at all. 

Hail. 

I still don't see why it's a problem for a parent of an NFL player to say what he thinks.

..... Eli was an egotistical jerk .....

And what is RGII? His son has the superstar football career, but he wants to stick his oar in about how that career should be going through the media?

Shoot, the next time I'm pissed at work and don't like something I should get my mom (no dad) to let it be known I shouldn't be doing whats asked of me huh? 

Yeah, that sounds as ridiculous as what 10's father has done ever since he's been here. It's a continued sideshow that does nobody any favours at all. 

Hail. 

And what is RGII? His son has the superstar football career, but he wants to stick his oar in about how that career should be going through the media?

Shoot, the next time I'm pissed at work and don't like something I should get my mom (no dad) to let it be known I shouldn't be doing whats asked of me huh? 

Yeah, that sounds as ridiculous as what 10's father has done ever since he's been here. It's a continued sideshow that does nobody any favours at all. 

Hail. 

He is a dad. Who has absolutely NOTHING to do with decision making or game planning. And you don't even know if RG3 AGREES with RG2 (not that it even matters).

Hail. 

Hey Gibbs,

What does that have to do with our teams performance today? 

See, and I think you've hit the problem right on the head.  That is NOT the way that Shanahan runs his offense.  It starts with the run game.  

So, here's the problem: They try to run.  Because Robert has taken himself out as a threat to run, the run gets stuffed early. 

Then they end up in 3rd and longs.  Which they are not that good at.

Then they get behind, and they start to pass a ton, and it works better.  Then they can run.  

So, it's all backwards.  Shanahan likes to run to set up the pass.  But what has happened in both second halves is that they have passed, and then that opens up the run.  

I'm not sure that Shanahan can change his approach.  

Yep, it would be a big change of identity. Shanny did it with Cutler in Denver though so he is prepared to do it.

Hail.

Ever since he has been here? There were 2 interviews where he was asked about it to my knowledge...and he gave his honest opinion. Continued sideshow? Hardly.

RG2 has no impact on the gameplan. He doesn't. RG2 could go out and demand a trade...doesn't mean that it will have any impact whatsoever on whatever the Skins do or don't do.

Outside of RG2 stealing his sons playbook and mailing it to the rest of the league I fail to see where RG2 has any impact on a single play this year.

We are all frustrated about how the past couple of games have gone, but to start blaming Rg's dad? That's a reach. Blame whatever goes on while the team is in the field...to put the blame on 2 interviews done months ago is off base.

"Hey guys, my team lost. I need to vent, so I'll club a baby seal--how about a player's dad who said something to the media a few months ago. It's all his fault!"

Yeah. I'm about done with the discussion that RG2 has anything to do with us losing. It's a big part of the reason I don't watch BSPN or read the sports Press. Always a conspiracy somewhere. Now, we're angry that a dad has an opinion that may or may not differ with Shanahan's?

He isn't being. 

Hail. 

It's called the first amendment. He can say what he wants to. Do you really think the coaching staff is sitting around in meetings saying "well robert's father doesn't want this or that so lets change our plans"...Seriously? The reality is the coaches, in league with doc, are trying to get the rust off while simlutaneouly protecting robert's repaired knee as he gets more comfortable and stronger you will see better results from him. This lashing out at robert's dad is ridiculous. If you should be angry with anyone it is Haloti Ngata or Robert himself.

Archived