Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Es Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: Skins At Packers Final

TK

So, to ease the pain of today's game I decided to go get my favorite sandwich. I'm sitting in the parking lot of Firehouse Subs and some asshole in a Cowboys jersey KICKS THE BACK OF MY CAR presumably because he hates my "ILVRG3" license plate! Of course, as soon as I open the door he runs like a little **** before I can confront him. Ugh, to say I'm pissed would be an understatement. I was in a bad mood already (for obvious reasons), now I am just downright ENRAGED! There is no reason to go assaulting someone's personal property. You just do NOT do that, seriously. ARRGH!

I hate those damn Cowboys more than ever now!

I could bet my whole life that the cowboy fan that kicked your car was a DMV ( DC, Maryland, Virginia ) cowboys fan. They are onpar with eagles fans for the biggest jerks in football history. The reason I know this is because I pratically grew up with these buttholes and went to school with them and they have always been that way. My theory on them is they over-compensate for being a cowboys, because a good majority of them only started to like the cowboys because Troy, Michael, and Emmitt were winning at the time, so they go the extra jerk mile to prove they are not just bandwagon fans, where you have cowboys fans from Dallas who have: 1. Actually been to Dallas  2. Are hospitable and 3. Are more than secure with who they are and who they root for as a fan. Example : Eventhough there team lost as well, they feel the need to blow up my facebook news feed about how badly we played.

That's because he is throwing a No-No and you aren't supposed to talk to guys and mess them up.

Actually we know 100% that he was cleared as healthy by his doctor, arguably the best in the field. That means quite a bit

We also know 100% that it takes time to work yourself back into football following a knee surgery even when healthy

I think people are confusing 100% healthy in the context of his knee being healed with 100% football shape and game sharp. It will take 3 or 4 games for RGIII to get into football shape and get sharp and it normally takes a full year AFTER recovery for a player to get full explosion back from an ACL.

I may be in the minority but can see why the NFL wants that knee brace covered. Besides making all the players look surgically repaired or robots.

I could see that big old clunky metal brace taking a chunk out of a defenders flesh the next time RGIII refuses to go out of bounds to gain an extra 2 yards. 

And, it will keep the dirt out. You could see Robert trying to clear those rubber pellets out instead of getting back to the huddle.

I may be in the minority but can see why the NFL wants that knee brace covered. Besides making all the players look surgically repaired or robots.

I could see that big old clunky metal brace taking a chunk out of a defenders flesh the next time RGIII refuses to go out of bounds to gain an extra 2 yards. 

And, it will keep the dirt out. You could see Robert trying to clear those rubber pellets out instead of getting back to the huddle.

He later told Sonny that it broke, which makes it even more dangerous.  

I wonder how long or if he'll ever dump the brace altogether.  How long was it after his first ACL did he stop wearing the brace?  I notice Revis doesn't play with a brace, but he had 4 months on RG3.

I am afraid that he cannot dump it although I want him to. We have already been told that he will wear it all year no matter what. When it broke, that was a threshold moment to throw it off for good, and unleash the fury we need. 

Either the knee is good or it isn't. If a player is on a crutch, he is presumed hindered mentally or physically by it, and I think we should look long and hard at our viable backup that doesn't need a crutch.  

The jury is out on if the brace actually helps or not. Does it give piece of mind, does it serve as a reminder to take it easy? Or, is the knee that weak that it simply needs it. Ironically, if it slows him down, the chance he gets hit on his knee increases, right? 

I do have to think, the brace breaking may have saved his knee, or injured another part of his leg at the anchor points that held it in place as it broke.  I presume it is made in China. 

Would you want to tackle a guy with that brace sticking out like that? 

Hank has done well.

I am wondering if Morgan's screw removal left him a little sore. He looks slower than last year.    

Clearly Robinson is struggling to even get reps with our offense. 

I highly doubt there will be any shakeups in any part of the team, but I would promote Hank over Morgan (not that big a drop in blocking) and have Robinson return kicks and punts. 

Give all of Robinson's offense reps to Jordan Reed. And maybe even some of Morgan's reps. Clearly we are being pressed in tight man so we need a stud with a big frame out there to shield opponents.  

I want to see Reed take all of Pauls/Paulsons pass routes as well. 

Was our first play from scrimmage a Hanktime 15 yard gain for a first?  I think he started over Morgan and is carving out a spot for himself on this team.

Jordan Reed is the real deal it looks like.  I think we may see Fred go after this season. 

Jury is out on Amerson.  He did not have his best game.  These reps will be good for him and I think he ends up being solid for us in the long haul. 

Griffin is off and it's evident to everyone watching the games as well as opposing defensive coordinators.  I just hope we can keep him healthy at this point. 

Was our first play from scrimmage a Hanktime 15 yard gain for a first?  I think he started over Morgan and is carving out a spot for himself on this team.

Jordan Reed is the real deal it looks like.  I think we may see Fred go after this season. 

Jury is out on Amerson.  He did not have his best game.  These reps will be good for him and I think he ends up being solid for us in the long haul. 

Griffin is off and it's evident to everyone watching the games as well as opposing defensive coordinators.  I just hope we can keep him healthy at this point. 

That one moment when he was in the pocket and turned the wrong way to hand the ball off and kept it, is a great way to tear an ACL. He had several of those types of plays last year, but somehow avoided it because his legs seemed to have been made of rubber. Many bad things can happen in a situation like that, and sometimes it just comes down to luck, whether or not you pop back up, or shred your knee (again).

Whether he scrambles, runs the RO or stays in the pocket, it doesn't matter. You can't be kept healthy on a football field, especially not with the way everyone is playing.

Side note, it is quite clear to me that the D just flat out sucks, so I actually would like to see the offense take the field first if they win the toss, because it allows for them to dictate the tempo first. I've had enough of the D giving up long opening drives, only for the O to go 3 and out and then put the D right back on the field.

That one moment when he was in the pocket and turned the wrong way to hand the ball off and kept it, is a great way to tear an ACL. He had several of those types of plays last year, but somehow avoided it because his legs seemed to have been made of rubber. Many bad things can happen in a situation like that, and sometimes it just comes down to luck, whether or not you pop back up, or shred your knee (again).

Whether he scrambles, runs the RO or stays in the pocket, it doesn't matter. You can't be kept healthy on a football field, especially not with the way everyone is playing.

Side note, it is quite clear to me that the D just flat out sucks, so I actually would like to see the offense take the field first if they win the toss, because it allows for them to dictate the tempo first. I've had enough of the D giving up long opening drives, only for the O to go 3 and out and then put the D right back on the field.

Agreed.  Maybe I should say "I hope he stays healthy" instead.

I will say though, I thought we were gunna be gang busters after our first completion on the first drive.  Then we sucked again and I was completely let down. 

Archived